Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Given the right conditions could trees (or plants in general) be immortal?
I know there is a bush in California that is more than 11,000 years old.
If left undisturbed could certain plants continue to live indefinitely?

Distinct Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
TERRlBLY

Seen thread post in "My Gaia" biggrin

but you know now that I think about it, you think about the redwood forests
and how tall some of thoes trees are, and how wide their trunks are.

Im sure there is one tree in this world (Pictures or not) that is the longest
living tree. I can just see it now, round enough to hollow out and place a house
inside with multiple floors lol.

but no seriously the redwood forest im pretty sure is one of the oldest forests and
hold some of the oldest, tallest, and most round tree trunks there is. (at least that
im aware of, could be older trees). But I dont see why not considering.

Very good question though

Shirtless Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY

living tree. I can just see it now, round enough to hollow out and place a house

but no seriously the redwood forest im pretty sure is one of the oldest forests and
hold some of the oldest, tallest, and most round tree trunks there is. (at least that

There's the Old Tjikko in Sweden that is around 9,500 years old.
Redwoods are gorgeous, I hope I can visit an ancient redwood forest at some point. (I would totally live in a redwood house, given the opportunity.)
I think the oldest redwood tree was a couple thousand years old, they are certainly the tallest trees in the world, but I don't think they live the longest. I think the Bristlecone pine trees live longer than redwoods.
I want to know if there's any plants that could live forever if given the right circumstances (Underwater plants included), or if they will die from old age eventually.

Distinct Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
TERRlBLY
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY

Redwoods are gorgeous, I hope I can visit an ancient redwood forest at some point. (I would totally live in a redwood house, given the opportunity.)
I think the oldest redwood tree was a couple thousand years old, they are certainly the tallest trees in the world, but I don't think they live the longest. I think the Bristlecone pine trees live longer than redwoods.
I want to know if there's any plants that could live forever if given the right circumstances (Underwater plants included), or if they will die from old age eventually.

OK SO

with that said I have done a little research, and this way the best answer I have found.
Link is right here :3

Pretty much says, Yes plants and such can have a possibility to live forever, given
that they dont have a set lets call it "Expiration Date"; So with that said, refering to what you
said, under the right circumstances any plant CAN live pretty much forever as long as
the enviroment and such will allow them. There are some other factors, and it does state
them on the website above.

heart

Shirtless Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY

OK SO

with that said I have done a little research, and this way the best answer I have found.

Pretty much says, Yes plants and such can have a possibility to live forever, given
that they dont have a set lets call it "Expiration Date"; So with that said, refering to what you
said, under the right circumstances any plant CAN live pretty much forever as long as
the enviroment and such will allow them. There are some other factors, and it does state

heart

That was a very helpful link! A good read, thank you :3
I don't know why I didn't find that, I tried googling this question and didn't see that site.
Why is that >3<

Plants are so freaking awesome. I want to get a PhD in botany/plant sciences... cat_4laugh

Distinct Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
TERRlBLY
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY

OK SO

heart

I don't know why I didn't find that, I tried googling this question and didn't see that site.
Why is that >3<

Plants are so freaking awesome. I want to get a PhD in botany/plant sciences... cat_4laugh

mhm mhm
plants are one of the most interesting things on this planet imo.
They can heal, give your body adverse effects, used as different drugs from perscription
to none, they can be eaten, drank, smelt.......

So much a plant can do not to mention the lifespan of plants, and the fact
that they die each year, just to come back with full beauty the next year.

Not to mention they are why we can survive heart

and that PhD would be pretty epic to get biggrin

(oh, forgot they love when people sing too, they can feel the vibrations in someones
voice and it actually helps keep them healthy (from things I have heard) and thats
intreuging imo lol)

Shirtless Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY
Darkreaper_44
TERRlBLY

OK SO

heart

Why is that >3<

mhm mhm
plants are one of the most interesting things on this planet imo.
They can heal, give your body adverse effects, used as different drugs from perscription
to none, they can be eaten, drank, smelt.......

So much a plant can do not to mention the lifespan of plants, and the fact
that they die each year, just to come back with full beauty the next year.

Not to mention they are why we can survive heart

and that PhD would be pretty epic to get biggrin

(oh, forgot they love when people sing too, they can feel the vibrations in someones
voice and it actually helps keep them healthy (from things I have heard) and thats
intreuging imo lol)

Yes, that's my goal. Unfortunately the only school that teaches it in my state is like an hour drive away. I will figure it out though cat_3nodding (Not to mention I can use the Dr. title, which is a cool little added bonus.)
I heard that plants actually like classical music, and they have a preference for stringed instruments. There was a study done where the plants actually grew towards the source of the music, just like they would bend towards sunlight. I think it's about the vibrations, it helps them grow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff