Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Fairy

what would happen if an allien or something comes to our planet and has more than 46 chromosomes ... They would be smarter than us .. so they would find our planet ..
what would happen? would they treat us like animals because we are less smart than them? I don't know

what do you think?
Skiakari Yumemi
what would happen if an allien or something comes to our planet and has more than 46 chromosomes ... They would be smarter than us .. so they would find our planet ..
what would happen? would they treat us like animals because we are less smart than them? I don't know

what do you think?
The number of chromosomes you have doesn't determine how "evolved" you are. For instance, some ferns have over 200 chromosomes. The number of genes doesn't even determine how advanced you are. Humans have 23,000 genes. There is a type of water flea that has about 31,000 genes.

Also, on a deeper level, just because one organism might be more evolved than another kind of organism that doesn't mean one is smarter than the other. Organisms do not evolve to be smarter or big or strong or anything else. They simply evolve to survive and reproduce better. In one instance, humans happened to survive by being smart.

Sparkly Fairy

Vannak
The number of chromosomes you have doesn't determine how "evolved" you are. For instance, some ferns have over 200 chromosomes. The number of genes doesn't even determine how advanced you are. Humans have 23,000 genes. There is a type of water flea that has about 31,000 genes.

Also, on a deeper level, just because one organism might be more evolved than another kind of organism that doesn't mean one is smarter than the other. Organisms do not evolve to be smarter or big or strong or anything else. They simply evolve to survive and reproduce better. In one instance, humans happened to survive by being smart.

oh ok thanks

So there might be one 'thing' that is more evolved in terms of intellect and lives on an other planet...
we can already travel to other planets but not to another galaxy. What if they could reach us ?

sorry if it sounds wierd >.<
Vannak
Skiakari Yumemi

what do you think?

Great reply ^^
Aliens may have no chromosomes. To try to start to guess the genetic make-up of extraterrestrials is a waste of our time.

Also, intelligence is not dictated by the number of chromosomes one possesses.
Skiakari Yumemi
Vannak

oh ok thanks

So there might be one 'thing' that is more evolved in terms of intellect and lives on an other planet...
we can already travel to other planets but not to another galaxy. What if they could reach us ?

its true, there could be more intelligent alien life elsewhere. However its unlikely they would ever come here. The journey across the galaxy would take many thousands of years, no one is likely make that journey. You can see a long winded arguments for why visits from alien life are unlikely in the thread, "broadcasting into space should be illegal".

Also we've only sent machines to other planets. The moon is the only other place humans have gone.

Sparkly Fairy

thank you everyone for your opnion ^^

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
We'd have Downs?

Questionable Lover

Also, evolution isn't a "step ladder" we're not "more evolved" or whatever then any other species on this planet.

We're just specifically developed to do what we do. Evolution is a tree.

Greedy Consumer

A Lost Iguana
We'd have Downs?
compared to 'intelligent aliens' its like we already have downs.

Dangerous Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Skiakari Yumemi
Vannak

oh ok thanks

Well that depends on too many things. As said before, maybe they wouldn't think it's worth the effort. Even assuming they thought it was worth the effort and did, the answer changes depending on their intentions and that is assuming they do have intentions to begin with.

So the short answer is that it would depend on the nature of those beings, with so little information about them you can conclude basically anything could potentially happen, it depends on your imagination.
Vannak
Skiakari Yumemi
Vannak

oh ok thanks

its true, there could be more intelligent alien life elsewhere. However its unlikely they would ever come here. The journey across the galaxy would take many thousands of years, no one is likely make that journey. You can see a long winded arguments for why visits from alien life are unlikely in the thread, "broadcasting into space should be illegal".

Also we've only sent machines to other planets. The moon is the only other place humans have gone.

would we head to their star?
The answer is yes, so we might as well assume that they'd head for ours (but I'm of the peaceful view)
agrab0ekim
Vannak
Skiakari Yumemi
Vannak

oh ok thanks

would we head to their star?
The answer is yes, so we might as well assume that they'd head for ours (but I'm of the peaceful view)
I mean... whos going to spend many thousands of years in stasis just to meet a bunch of people who we could simply talk to with electromagnetic signals many times faster? A probe, maybe. Humans, I doubt. I mean if the trip is going to be maybe 100 years I could see us going for it, but that's a tiny tiny distance compared to the galaxy
Personally I think this is an interesting question. Maybe not relative to the kinds of questions you might expect to find here, but relative, at least, to most questions people ask themselves.

On the other hand, interesting as it is, I don't think there's an answer. Since we're not sure exactly how the human brain works, we're not sure exactly what consciousness is. Even if we found exactly what makes human beings conscious, there's no guarantee that intelligent aliens would have the same kind of construct, and if they didn't, there'd be no guarantee that their consicousness is even physical. Since science doesn't offer any means for forming any complete conclusion about something whose existence is evidenced solely by its impact on its surroundings, we really have no way of determining with any appreciable certainty what would happen if aliens more intelligent than we are paid us a visit. I think I'd like to know the answer just as much as you would, but I don't think the answer is out there.

Fanatical Zealot

An extra chromosome =/= intelligence

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas