Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have people heard about this? What do you think? Go here for the information archaeology.org has on this recent find.

"New archaeological discoveries by Australian and Indonesian scientists on the Indonesian island of Flores are revealing that until at least 13,000 to 12,000 years ago and possibly into the nineteenth century, modern humans--our species, Homo sapiens--shared this planet with a totally different species of human being--a three-foot-high dwarf hominid with physical features usually seen as dating from 1.5 to 4 million years ago."
--Text from http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/flores/index.html
yeah, some idiots like to call them hobbits
I don't think that National Geographic staff are idiots.
But it is rather bigoted.
Genbu_Seishi_Namame
Have people heard about this? What do you think? Go here for the information archaeology.org has on this recent find.

"New archaeological discoveries by Australian and Indonesian scientists on the Indonesian island of Flores are revealing that until at least 13,000 to 12,000 years ago and possibly into the nineteenth century, modern humans--our species, Homo sapiens--shared this planet with a totally different species of human being--a three-foot-high dwarf hominid with physical features usually seen as dating from 1.5 to 4 million years ago."

I think it is interesting, but i do not believe they "shared the world" with modern humans. In my opinion, they were more like the Neanderthal, and were isolated to a particular region (in the case of the Neanderthal, Europe). I used to get the Archaeology magazine, but my subscription ran out, and I haven't the money to renew it. crying
Amaureahin
Genbu_Seishi_Namame

I think it is interesting, but i do not believe they "shared the world" with modern humans. In my opinion, they were more like the Neanderthal, and were isolated to a particular region (in the case of the Neanderthal, Europe). I used to get the Archaeology magazine, but my subscription ran out, and I haven't the money to renew it. crying
If they exist in it at the same time as us, no matter how isolated, they share it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff