Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

Not playing a game; 50 degrees celsius (122F)
Playing a game; 95 degrees celsius (203F)

I have a second fan blowing straight into the computer and it drops to like 80C(176F).

What is this, a fan for ants?!

ITT discuss swag, obv.

Beloved Elder

Is this the OEM GPU card, or did you buy a 3rd party GPU?

Either way, you found that the GPU's onboard fan was inadequate. You needed more outside air into the case, and you provided it. Good job! I applaud you. Many people would just let their machine overheat.

Noob

SmallTownGuy
Is this the OEM GPU card, or did you buy a 3rd party GPU?

Either way, you found that the GPU's onboard fan was inadequate. You needed more outside air into the case, and you provided it. Good job! I applaud you. Many people would just let their machine overheat.

I just don't understand the dumb reasoning behind creating a fan that can't even maintain its hardware. Don't ******** bother if that's the case. Just sell a fan-less computer so nobody buys your useless s**t.
crying

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Wizrar
I just don't understand the dumb reasoning behind creating a fan that can't even maintain its hardware.

What's the computer designed for?

Noob

CuAnnan
Wizrar
I just don't understand the dumb reasoning behind creating a fan that can't even maintain its hardware.

All kindsa stuff, it's also a decent gaming computer, I could play Portal 2 on it with highest settings.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Wizrar
CuAnnan
Wizrar

All kindsa stuff, it's also a decent gaming computer, I could play Portal 2 on it with highest settings.

What's the make and model?

Noob

CuAnnan
Wizrar
CuAnnan
Wizrar

Toshitba, model I'mtoolazytolook.
Satelite L755D I think, looks like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wizrar
CuAnnan
Wizrar
CuAnnan
Wizrar

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Nice typo. wink
C&T next time. It's a laptop that's normal

Noob

Jon Mess
Wizrar

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Nice typo. wink
Totally.
I'm a sucker for high end laptops, which all have this problem. Here's my advice:

Check if your Bios or your bios alternative will underclock your GPU or cpu. Rare in a laptop, but the most direct way to fix your issue.

Also, try speed fan.

In windows you can use the MSConfig utitlity to disable a core or two on your CPU, if you'd like to reduce a bit of heat.

Laptop cooling docks are kind of lame, but they can be a quick fix if your computer is legit dying on you mid headshot.

Also, clean out your laptop and fan. I suggest doing this every 6 months. I'm a smoker, so I do it every 3. Dust and gunk can/will collect and ******** your s**t up.

I have a game station where my laptop sits when I'm playing games. I've rigged a vent near my window during winter, and attach it to my AC during summer.

It may also be, theoretically, possible to replace your fan with a better one. laptops are a b***h, though.

Noob

Vannak
I'm a sucker for high end laptops, which all have this problem. Here's my advice:

Check if your Bios or your bios alternative will underclock your GPU or cpu. Rare in a laptop, but the most direct way to fix your issue.

Also, try speed fan.

In windows you can use the MSConfig utitlity to disable a core or two on your CPU, if you'd like to reduce a bit of heat.

Laptop cooling docks are kind of lame, but they can be a quick fix if your computer is legit dying on you mid headshot.

Also, clean out your laptop and fan. I suggest doing this every 6 months. I'm a smoker, so I do it every 3. Dust and gunk can/will collect and ******** your s**t up.

I have a game station where my laptop sits when I'm playing games. I've rigged a vent near my window during winter, and attach it to my AC during summer.

It may also be, theoretically, possible to replace your fan with a better one. laptops are a b***h, though.

I need to ******** bitches, get money and get a gaming PC.
Thanks for this advice though, been thinking about it.

Most of this, I knew about, but the software tip was a free brofist. *Brofists*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces