Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Cleric

Hey guys,

So I'm debating weather to take p-chem or bio chem next fall. I havent had physics yet and I unsure about which one should go first. Biochem is extremely hard for at my school, but I'm not a math person so p-chem is gonna be intense too. What did you guys do? How did you survive biochem and p-chem and what helped you? (websites?)

Magnetic Millionaire

6,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
Oktopous
Hey guys,

So I'm debating weather to take p-chem or bio chem next fall. I havent had physics yet and I unsure about which one should go first. Biochem is extremely hard for at my school, but I'm not a math person so p-chem is gonna be intense too. What did you guys do? How did you survive biochem and p-chem and what helped you? (websites?)

P-chem is incredibly useful and can help in the greater understanding of chemistry. I would definitely take physics first to get in the habit of systematically solving equations. However, biochem could be useful depending on what you want to do. For me it was useless so I never took Biochem and I don't regret it.

Divine Cleric

Agent 119
Oktopous
Hey guys,

P-chem is incredibly useful and can help in the greater understanding of chemistry. I would definitely take physics first to get in the habit of systematically solving equations. However, biochem could be useful depending on what you want to do. For me it was useless so I never took Biochem and I don't regret it.

I'm a research/graduate school emphasis so it's required that i take biochem. Lucky that's only one semester of biochem. Yeah, I think that's probably what iill i end up doing is taking pchem first.
Im not majoring in chem but I found biochem useful because Im in health, but I loved P chem as a hobby to understand how it ties in with the other sciences.
P-chem.

Largely depends on your 'career path' though.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Oktopous
Hey guys,

I am not up to this point yet, but I've heard that both classes are difficult. At my school I'm actually required to take two semesters of p-chem in order to get a B.S. in chemistry, and I don't think we have a biochem requirement. I have to take two semesters of organic chemistry, though (in my first semester of this now).

I took an accelerated gen chem class last semester that incorporated quite a bit of p-chem, and I enjoyed that. It really depends on what you're more interested in, I suppose. P-chem is a lot of quantum I believe, so if you're like me and you enjoy that sort of thing, then I'd encourage you to take it!

Edit: I would recommend you take physics before taking p-chem though. I've spoken to some chem majors who've taken it already, and they said that having a bit of a physics background is definitely helpful.

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
I recommend biochem if you're going into the medical field.
I have no idea what you mean by "p-chem" hell I just took intro to chem last fall and I decided to major in chem bc I was so interested in it. And our community college only has 4 chem courses,
Leader of the Penguins
I have no idea what you mean by "p-chem" hell I just took intro to chem last fall and I decided to major in chem bc I was so interested in it. And our community college only has 4 chem courses,

P-chem = physical chemistry.

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
Harvested Sorrow
Leader of the Penguins

P-chem = physical chemistry.

ah, I see.

Intellectual Conversationalist

If you had Biology background already then Biochemistry would be easier even though it's still difficult.

Physical Chemistry is Physic + Chem combined together so if you haven't had Physics I wouldn't recommend it.

^_~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces