Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

Hi guys this is the first time I have posted here.

I find this very interesting and for one I am a bit glad someone of power has finally confirmed to life other than our own. Now I am not naive enough to fully believe this but this is easily the first time a person of power has openly talked about this. Some may find this scary, I personally find it rather interesting and I do look forward to see what happens.

Thoughts? Comments?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

CuAnnan
Proof?

Heh if there was undeniable proof available to the public this thread would not be here.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
There was a load of government documentation released on this recently if I remember right.

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

wyrdsmith
There was a load of government documentation released on this recently if I remember right.

Really?? Think it can be found on google?

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
Nano Paladin
wyrdsmith

Really?? Think it can be found on google?[/quote

No harm in looking, I've heard it advertised but unfortunately missed the programme.
dude its a minister
dont believe a word he says..

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

HAGD
dude its a minister
dont believe a word he says..

to be fair I have only ever seen other politicians deny deny deny information about this or ignore it all together. He is the first person of power I have seen with any type of governmental power disclose information like this.

Greedy Consumer

first of all, if theres ******** evidence, it couldnt have been so easily covered up, they woul dhave been here for a while statistics dictate, so where are there fossils, and the groups world wide hushing all these people who find supposed evidences? if that would even remotely be the case, it means the person who has access to such s**t shouldnt be trusted anyways, either way, the statistics of this is very poor, he is more likely bullshitting, like everyone else.

Zealot

There are ministers that say that the Earth is 6000 years old too. We need more than their word.

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

We Are Organisms
first of all, if theres ******** evidence, it couldnt have been so easily covered up, they woul dhave been here for a while statistics dictate, so where are there fossils, and the groups world wide hushing all these people who find supposed evidences? if that would even remotely be the case, it means the person who has access to such s**t shouldnt be trusted anyways, either way, the statistics of this is very poor, he is more likely bullshitting, like everyone else.

Mathematically speaking though do you not think there is life other than the life on our planet? Run the numbers and the proof for life other than our own is in them. As far as aliens living on earth, why not? How do we know what their bodies do when they die? Maybe they are meticulous for cleaning after themselves. There are things throughout history such as cave paintings, hieroglyphs and all sorts of things. Too many things are left unexplained; could it be aliens? Sure, if not then that is all cool too.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nano Paladin
Mathematically speaking though do you not think there is life other than the life on our planet?

Do you understand the Math? I mean really understand it?

Nano Paladin
Run the numbers and the proof for life other than our own is in them.

Only with the unmodified Drake equation.

Nano Paladin
As far as aliens living on earth, why not?

Lack of any evidence.

Nano Paladin
How do we know what their bodies do when they die?

A good understanding of chemistry and biology.

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

CuAnnan
Nano Paladin
Mathematically speaking though do you not think there is life other than the life on our planet?

Do you understand the Math? I mean really understand it?

Nano Paladin
Run the numbers and the proof for life other than our own is in them.

Only with the unmodified Drake equation.

Nano Paladin
As far as aliens living on earth, why not?

Lack of any evidence.

Nano Paladin
How do we know what their bodies do when they die?

A good understanding of chemistry and biology.

Cave Paintings are not evidence enough? Prolonged skulls in Peru are not evidence?

Even if 99.9% of planets are incapable of harboring life on them with billions of stars in a single Galaxy. We don't even know how many galaxies there truly are nor do we even truly know if there is a Universe or a Multiverse. The possibility seems too far fetched for other life to not exist. Also in regards to chemistry and biology I have to disagree with that, we are still learning things about our own bodies. Hell a scientist just recently discovered a sixth layer of Cornea in our eyes.

Dua's Layer

Also if we really knew there was no life out there then why do we have things like the Rio Scale?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nano Paladin
Cave Paintings are not evidence? Prolonged skulls in Peru are not evidence?

I fixed that question for you. The answer to both is "no". Obviously not. Not even nearly evidence.

Nano Paladin
Even if 99.9% of planets are incapable of harboring life on them with billions of stars in a single Galaxy.

You are missing a few of the neccessary ifs in that statement.
"If

• 0.01% of stars have planets and
  • 0.01% of those planets are capable of supporting life and
  • 0.01% of those life forms are even remotely complex and
  • 0.01% of those are as or more advanced than us and
  • 0.01% of those are more advanced than us

We're down to 10. So between 10 and 40.
Do we assume that only 0.01 of those, ie less than half, are capable of superluminal travel?

Nano Paladin
We don't even know how many galaxies there truly are nor do we even truly know if there is a Universe or a Multiverse.

We have no scientific reason to believe there is a multiverse.

Nano Paladin
The possibility seems too far fetched for other life to not exist. Also in regards to chemistry and biology I have to disagree with that, we are still learning things about our own bodies.

And? So we don't know that bodies just don't corrode into green goop which instantly evaporates X-Files style can't exist?
Bullshit. That's an argument from silence. And it's a really bad one.

Nano Paladin
Also if we really knew there was no life out there then why do we have things like the Rio Scale?

We don't know that.
We don't even remotely know that.
Saying "We don't know there's life out there" is categorically not saying "we know there is life out there" and if you drew that conclusion from my arguments, you lack basic comprehension skills and I suggest you reread what I did say.
I said that it is incomprehensibly ridiculous to believe we have been visited by extra terrestrials recently and our government(s) have been able to cover it up.
They're ******** incompetent.

Nibbs-chan's Husbando

CuAnnan
Nano Paladin
Cave Paintings are not evidence? Prolonged skulls in Peru are not evidence?

I fixed that question for you. The answer to both is "no". Obviously not. Not even nearly evidence.

Nano Paladin
Even if 99.9% of planets are incapable of harboring life on them with billions of stars in a single Galaxy.

You are missing a few of the neccessary ifs in that statement.
"If

• 0.01% of stars have planets and
  • 0.01% of those planets are capable of supporting life and
  • 0.01% of those life forms are even remotely complex and
  • 0.01% of those are as or more advanced than us and
  • 0.01% of those are more advanced than us

We're down to 10. So between 10 and 40.
Do we assume that only 0.01 of those, ie less than half, are capable of superluminal travel?

Nano Paladin
We don't even know how many galaxies there truly are nor do we even truly know if there is a Universe or a Multiverse.

We have no scientific reason to believe there is a multiverse.

Nano Paladin
The possibility seems too far fetched for other life to not exist. Also in regards to chemistry and biology I have to disagree with that, we are still learning things about our own bodies.

And? So we don't know that bodies just don't corrode into green goop which instantly evaporates X-Files style can't exist?
Bullshit. That's an argument from silence. And it's a really bad one.

Nano Paladin

We don't know that.
We don't even remotely know that.
Saying "We don't know there's life out there" is categorically not saying "we know there is life out there" and if you drew that conclusion from my arguments, you lack basic comprehension skills and I suggest you reread what I did say.
I said that it is incomprehensibly ridiculous to believe we have been visited by extra terrestrials recently and our government(s) have been able to cover it up.
They're ******** incompetent.

There is a lot of anger in your posts.

At any rate there is no scientific reasons to prove that there is or is not a multiverse. We are still a rather young species learning the basics about anything.

Keep in mind when it comes to science a good amount of things are theoretical and can at any time be proven wrong. To think otherwise is rather naive and immature.

10 to 40 is still 10 to 40 more than 0

if .01 was capable of superluminal travel that leaves us with 1 to 4... not 0

One thing we can agree on though is the Government does seem a bit incapable to cover something like extraterrestrial life up from the general populous.

Edit: Sorry I forgot about this.

Saying that the biology argument is a bad one is not necessarily true. Our specific make up does not decompose into green goo and vaporize but we cannot assume to think that an extraterrestrials body decompose the same as ours.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff