Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
do you think we will see it in our lifetime?

do you think it will ever be possible?

Beloved Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Do you think we'll see the end of the Christian, Catholic, and Muslim faiths in our lifetime?

I think not emotion_awesome

Greedy Consumer

I think its possible but would take some time to figure out, like 20 years minimum 80 maximum maybe.
Psychotic Bovine
Do you think we'll see the end of the Christian, Catholic, and Muslim faiths in our lifetime?

I think not emotion_awesome

I share the same opinion; we all know what happened to stem cell research. Same thing might happen to trying to extend longevity if something "threatens" to make significant progress (because then it's "threatening" religious constructs...)

Dangerous Lunatic

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Fanatical Zealot

Uh about 100 years with nanotechnology bots and whatnot.

Adored Admirer

It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Eloquent Explorer

5,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Depends on if I decide to get off my a** and make it happen.

Eloquent Explorer

5,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
I think its possible but would take some time to figure out, like 20 years minimum 80 maximum maybe.
These are the most common time spans used for the perfection of many currently being researched super technologies. I wonder why? Probably just me not giving a damn about the technical specifics of how statistics work because screw it.

Greedy Consumer

MrFamous
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
These are the most common time spans used for the perfection of many currently being researched super technologies. I wonder why? Probably just me not giving a damn about the technical specifics of how statistics work because screw it.
i know they can already in mice restore thei rlivers ability to produce vitamin c and they can run for hours now, they can have sex more often, they live alot longer, and stuff like that. in humans itd also probably increase intelliugence because vitamin c being an antioxidant itd prolly limit eye and brain and lung damage, which usually get alot of free radical damage. and for humans the process is different or more complicated or something, and they would have to trial on monkies first prolly, or get it aproved through the fda and stuff which coudl take a few years though it sounds liek ti has no side effects, only problem is restoring the gene if they accidently restore a bad gene or somehting is the only way it could go wrong. And so after humans get that we could live longer enough to end up becoming biologically immortal, if the earth doesnt get ******** over by then.

Eloquent Explorer

5,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
MrFamous
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
i know they can already in mice restore thei rlivers ability to produce vitamin c and they can run for hours now, they can have sex more often, they live alot longer, and stuff like that. in humans itd also probably increase intelliugence because vitamin c being an antioxidant itd prolly limit eye and brain and lung damage, which usually get alot of free radical damage. and for humans the process is different or more complicated or something, and they would have to trial on monkies first prolly, or get it aproved through the fda and stuff which coudl take a few years though it sounds liek ti has no side effects, only problem is restoring the gene if they accidently restore a bad gene or somehting is the only way it could go wrong. And so after humans get that we could live longer enough to end up becoming biologically immortal, if the earth doesn't get ******** over by then.
Too bad I don't know the math to just lock myself in a room for 10 years and figure things out with. You would get some complete insanity yet sheer brilliance I freaking swear it. Not that anyone ever just believes the words of a man with a bit of will and decided to just teach someone like me all kinds of crap just to see what I will do with it though that sounds like a rather perfect plan to me and i am now way off topic.

Shameless Mystic

Our bodies weren't just designed to live a certain length of time, they were designed NOT to live beyond it.

I don't really think we will find a way to make humans immortal without changing our genetics, which may not be possible on this scale in the first place.

Fanatical Zealot

False Dichotomy
Our bodies weren't just designed to live a certain length of time, they were designed NOT to live beyond it.

I don't really think we will find a way to make humans immortal without changing our genetics, which may not be possible on this scale in the first place.

Or with nanobots making microrepairs and whatnot, that's always an option.

Greedy Consumer

Suicidesoldier#1
False Dichotomy

id rather have my dna changed when that s**t could malfunction or whatnot. decay in our bodies where they shouldnt and stuff, and they wouldnt help with the brain at all because of the blood brain barrier.

Fanatical Zealot

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Suicidesoldier#1
False Dichotomy

id rather have my dna changed when that s**t could malfunction or whatnot. decay in our bodies where they shouldnt and stuff, and they wouldnt help with the brain at all because of the blood brain barrier.

DNA has an error copy rate much higher than that of the potential of nanobots, which could be perfect.

That's why we age and get mutations in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff