Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Cutesmasher

hey, need some help on putting together the ideal android brain... (its for a science project)
Well, you need a Positronic Net (a complex series of wires and energy pathways) to act like a real brain. Each should have a function, and preferably clear. This is your 'control panel', or your android's brain.
Do you need it to be a hardware implementation, or would software be enough?

Dapper Cutesmasher

*is clueless*
A Positronic Net is too complex at this point I think she would need a casing first. Then perhaps a basic interface (Remember she said Android no robotic) the real question is storage. Where would the brain go neutral
DracosArchira
A Positronic Net is too complex at this point I think she would need a casing first. Then perhaps a basic interface (Remember she said Android no robotic) the real question is storage. Where would the brain go neutral

The brain could be digital software that's integrated through the entire body. Simulate nerve endings and such to help it realize pressure and heat, that actually isn't all that hard, basicly a touch screen that is more fleshy and not plasma or something.

For balance put a giroscope (sp?) at every major joint of the body that way the machine will always know wether its upright or not and have it react to certain things when a specific combination of the scopes are off alighnment so much. Like the back is parallel with the floor while the scope is still pointing straight up, have the arm react to stop this movement.
There is no such thing as a positronic net.

You will be incapable of actually building an 'android brain'. You would not be asked to. This thread is a farce.
gigacannon
There is no such thing as a positronic net.

You will be incapable of actually building an 'android brain'. You would not be asked to. This thread is a farce.

Either it's kind-of-a-joke, or the project involves gathering data on creating such brain. Nothing wrong with the latter.

There are several questions on androidic brain, let's start with:
0) Are we speaking of complete system, e.g. hardware + software, or just about a general pourpose hardware base? I assume the former.

1) Material / construction. Determines lifetime and reliability, some materials are / will be capabe of self-modification, even self-repair. The ones not capable of it will need to emulate self-modification in software. What should be capacity of memory, what degree of computation power?

2) What degree of freedom should be allowed for the android? It influences useability, safety, and problems involved with stuff like 'android rights'. Includes question, whether androids should be allowed to construct and program 'childrens'.

3) Do we want a computation-based design, or will kind of neural net organisation be more usefull? Or should we develop a complete new approach?

And others... I'm not much in this topic anyway... Hope this help...
Ryu Takeshi
Well, you need a Positronic Net (a complex series of wires and energy pathways) to act like a real brain. Each should have a function, and preferably clear. This is your 'control panel', or your android's brain.

that won't work... it would need an endless power suply, and wouldent last more than five minuets befor frying evry circit and wire.
it is not imposible to create a nano-net. this is still a highly theoretical idea.
utilize nano-tube tech to create a sytem that would respond identicaly to a human brain. node to node reactions, thought clustering, all of a humans behaviors can be replicated and enacted with a nano-net. but it will still take years to get a proto-type, yet it would win a science fair even if it is only on poster baord.

ignore spelling i've pulled an all nighter.

Dapper Cutesmasher

i still need to blueprint the Android body though. Thats what i need. a blueprint of the body and brain of my droid i designed. this really sucks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff