Welcome to Gaia! ::

I run because I love going places and the scenery. Who doesn't? Also its a great way to meet people who are also running or just hiking up the trails by where I live. smile

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
the lonely silverwolf
I run because I love going places and the scenery. Who doesn't? Also its a great way to meet people who are also running or just hiking up the trails by where I live. smile
^_^ hmm... That is a good reason to run. Sometimes I run because of that too! I do connect with other runners not only on the track or park but other runners wherever I'm at ^_^
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Hi, how are you?
I like to run because I feel so free and also clear in thought... I love the crisp wind blowing on my face, gently eliminating all the pressure I have/feel mainly from school. And afterwards, it feels to me like I'm ready to get to work even harder but with a certain ease.. smile
oh cool ^_^. I know what you mean. I do love the freedom of it all. I used to be alot bigger and I've always wanted to enjoy doing something sport like. But I was never good at any sport xP.. I thought running was too hard for me to do since I suck at most sports. But when I tried it one day I fell in love with it. I don't even have to push myself to run. I just want to and the only problem is fitting it in my tight schedule.

Yeah, I'm glad you've found something so great as running. Maybe, you can still run, really early in the morning or at night?! Though, it depends on your schedule, how early do you have to get up and how late you're done with everything else. I hope that you can find at least 30 mins or even 15 mins into your schedule to continue running. I used to have a tight schedule too so what I did was to get up at 5 in the morning to run in place for like 30 mins (it's not the same but I love running so it helped). I did this because I couldn't spare any extra mins or I would be late for everything else. I'm not sure how you would feel about that but I hope it helps in a way. smile
I might actually try that ^_^. Yeah I work at 7 to 330 and I usually have something to do right after work xP. I have thought of maybe jump roping at times where I cant do a full run but I have some spare time. ... to bad I dont have a jump rope though.. but now I'll try running in place ^^. I heard itll help me in my cadence too =D. I want to build up the muscles in my body so I can run longer. I feel like the only thing stopping me from running longer is the fear of over doing it to my body. But man.. my brain, my will, and my lungs want to run forever xD.

Awesome!! Yeah, it's true, it can help with cadence and you'll be able to run more without getting easily tired. Plus, since your body feels such ease it helps you to not have such deep thought about anything that is not important. I've done this and it helped improve on pace and being comfortable with my own self.Just a little tip: once you get started, try to build up on time, if you can (even if it's a minute or so more) but when you feel comfortable. I'm glad that there are others that love/enjoy running just as much as I do.. ;P

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
mariecherie
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Hi, how are you?
I like to run because I feel so free and also clear in thought... I love the crisp wind blowing on my face, gently eliminating all the pressure I have/feel mainly from school. And afterwards, it feels to me like I'm ready to get to work even harder but with a certain ease.. smile
oh cool ^_^. I know what you mean. I do love the freedom of it all. I used to be alot bigger and I've always wanted to enjoy doing something sport like. But I was never good at any sport xP.. I thought running was too hard for me to do since I suck at most sports. But when I tried it one day I fell in love with it. I don't even have to push myself to run. I just want to and the only problem is fitting it in my tight schedule.

Yeah, I'm glad you've found something so great as running. Maybe, you can still run, really early in the morning or at night?! Though, it depends on your schedule, how early do you have to get up and how late you're done with everything else. I hope that you can find at least 30 mins or even 15 mins into your schedule to continue running. I used to have a tight schedule too so what I did was to get up at 5 in the morning to run in place for like 30 mins (it's not the same but I love running so it helped). I did this because I couldn't spare any extra mins or I would be late for everything else. I'm not sure how you would feel about that but I hope it helps in a way. smile
I might actually try that ^_^. Yeah I work at 7 to 330 and I usually have something to do right after work xP. I have thought of maybe jump roping at times where I cant do a full run but I have some spare time. ... to bad I dont have a jump rope though.. but now I'll try running in place ^^. I heard itll help me in my cadence too =D. I want to build up the muscles in my body so I can run longer. I feel like the only thing stopping me from running longer is the fear of over doing it to my body. But man.. my brain, my will, and my lungs want to run forever xD.

Awesome!! Yeah, it's true, it can help with cadence and you'll be able to run more without getting easily tired. Plus, since your body feels such ease it helps you to not have such deep thought about anything that is not important. I've done this and it helped improve on pace and being comfortable with my own self.Just a little tip: once you get started, try to build up on time, if you can (even if it's a minute or so more) but when you feel comfortable. I'm glad that there are others that love/enjoy running just as much as I do.. ;P
Thanks for the tip ^_^!. Yeah, I think I will actually do that right now. I definitely love running now ^___^. I dont ever want to stop or get injured to prevent me from running again. Its a new passion of mine and I believe that this one will definitely stay with me. Have fun running =D.
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Zeroleon
mariecherie
Hi, how are you?

Thanks for the tip ^_^!. Yeah, I think I will actually do that right now. I definitely love running now ^___^. I dont ever want to stop or get injured to prevent me from running again. Its a new passion of mine and I believe that this one will definitely stay with me. Have fun running =D.

You're welcome! smile
Thanks, you too!
Best wishes!!
It makes me feel powerful and exhilerated, like anything is possible. I don't think or worry I just run and then I get to have a wonderful rest of the day! I love the feeling of being able to run for twenty minutes and not having breathing problems!
Good thinking time, or if i'm stressed out it's a good way to calm down.
Also good source of exercise, cause i want to slim down xD
It's just pretty hard to balance with study n stuff

Dangerous Capitalist

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Voter 100
I run for exercise and to keep my head clear and just relax xD. Mainly though I just enlisted in the U.S. Army and I have to get my speed and endurance up before basic training xD. Still love to run no matter the purpose best feeling in the world when you're able to run further then ever before smile .
I started running because I want to be able to keep up with my 3 year old daughter. She's a bundle of energy and she could wear me down in just minutes. Now I'm the one wearing her down smile

I've kicked up my workout even in this awful heat, because I want to do the color run this year and I don't want to die half way through the 5K.
I feel so free while I'm running, like nothing in the world can stop me or bring me down.
I've cried after my runs before because it just felt so ******** good.

I love my new life.

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
I run as a hobby..Irun since I was 10 years old..but I've never thought about the real reason of why I like running..so this is a very smart question.. biggrin and I think I running bcoz it makes me feel comfortable and fresh.. 3nodding

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
Sanity-In-A-Handbag
It makes me feel powerful and exhilerated, like anything is possible. I don't think or worry I just run and then I get to have a wonderful rest of the day! I love the feeling of being able to run for twenty minutes and not having breathing problems!
I know what you mean!! Its one of the best feeling in the world ^_^.

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
P0cky_Panda
Good thinking time, or if i'm stressed out it's a good way to calm down.
Also good source of exercise, cause i want to slim down xD
It's just pretty hard to balance with study n stuff
Yeah balancing work, and rest of life is pretty hard to balance.. I'll be taking classes this coming fall too. But I also want to slim down xD... But i run mainly to be healthier not to look better.

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
XI-Shadowscale-IX
I run for exercise and to keep my head clear and just relax xD. Mainly though I just enlisted in the U.S. Army and I have to get my speed and endurance up before basic training xD. Still love to run no matter the purpose best feeling in the world when you're able to run further then ever before smile .
Oh wow O_O. I've never had to run for anything. I will try to run a marathon this Thanksgiving though that my city is holding. I think its my city ... I know it will be at the zoo. Im glad you are able to love running still even though you actually need it.

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
kaidaa
I run as a hobby..Irun since I was 10 years old..but I've never thought about the real reason of why I like running..so this is a very smart question.. biggrin and I think I running bcoz it makes me feel comfortable and fresh.. 3nodding
I wish I could say that I've been running for a long time but I only started a couple months ago xD. But I love it and it does make me feel comfortable and fresh ^^.
running isnt a "healing" thing for me....... i just do it to stay in shape for cross country season and wrestling.... that and weightlifting

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff