Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Citizen

Derrin Claret
I have a pair of Vibram KSO's that I seem to have misplaced. I also have a pair of factory-installed feet, which I am currently trying to break in. I haven't run for years, so my feet are progressing at about the same rate as my cardiovascular system, which works out well. I have to stop running before I've run far enough that it will hurt my feet.

If you are thinking of starting barefoot running, I would recommend NOT starting with the Vibrams if you've only ever run in shoes. The problem with starting with Vibrams is that they kill a lot of the sensation of running, which means you don't have the instant feedback that your skin gives you. If you start barefoot, your skin will start hurting before you run long enough to hurt your feet (kind of like me and my poor endurance). With the Vibrams, which feel reaaaaaly good on, your skin never really starts hurting, which can trick you into training too much for one day. Once your bones and muscles are used to the barefoot running form, then you can start using the Vibrams for protection over longer distances or rougher terrain.

Either way, be sure to start for only 5-10 minutes a day. Progress very slowly, to make sure you don't injure your feet. A lot of injuries are caused by running in constrictive shoes, true, but that's only compared to minimalist/bare feet that are fully trained, not feet that are just starting. Going slow will make sure that you don't get any of the injuries that barefoot running is supposed to prevent.

Good luck with your shoe search!

Ah, Thank you for the wonderful tips! I'll definitely consider them should I ever start on barefoot running. : )
New Balance Vibrams! Very light, perfect for everything. I love them.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:176648/sku:2021140/new-balance-20-minimus-trail-2-mens/red/black/&SID=5506&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-Engine-_-Google-_-Plusbox&siorigin=pla

Friendly Citizen

Siendule

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:176648/sku:2021140/new-balance-20-minimus-trail-2-mens/red/black/&SID=5506&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-Engine-_-Google-_-Plusbox&siorigin=pla

Pretty snazzy~ Love the color too!

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
aldz23
Star Performer
I love my pumas. I just wear really slim and lightweight shoes. I like the ones that hug my feet. I am a long distance runner and I think my shoes are more for sprinting, but I saw a major difference as soon as I switched because the shoes were so light I felt like I wasn't wearing any.

do not use lightweight shoes in distances more than 10km. you will hurt your feet.
Only if you run with bad form and don't build up to it.
Nike+ Air Max

Fantastic short-distance and hurdle-jumping shoes. Not so great past 10 km but I didn't plan on doing more than 6 km a day.

Friendly Citizen

Archaix_the_Ghast v2
Nike+ Air Max

Fantastic short-distance and hurdle-jumping shoes. Not so great past 10 km but I didn't plan on doing more than 6 km a day.

That's awesome, budd! I should run more often- honestly I haven't ran for a few years but I'm in decent shape with weight lifting and cardio but yeah..running is something I plan to do very soon.

Thanks for sharing your shoe brand and type and Thanks goes out to everyone who also shared theirs : )

Profitable Prophet

Under Armour training shoes. I forgot their name though.
I generally use Nike's but I don't like any certain model since I have to buy new ones at least every six months because I use them for running and work. I'd love to be able to run barefoot as my feet are already callused for it but sadly there are way too many people who like to come and throw their beer bottles out on our roads and half of them are gravel.
I use vibram five fingers.

I want to go totally barefoot, and I do sometimes, but if I'm running on pavement that's frequented by other people, I avoid it.

Vibrams are glorious. You don't need the higher-level ones. They have fancy bikilas and treksports and such, but I'm a fan of the good ole' fashioned sprints.

Familiar Friend

Death Before Dish0nor
Siendule

Pretty snazzy~ Love the color too!

I wear new balance and love the shoes i have. It's a women's runner shoe. Not sure which specific type though, but i don't recommend getting a pair like mine if you're going to learn how to run barefoot. Why? It has alot of support.

Dapper Dabbler

My boyfriend bought me the Nike Free Run Plus 3 running shoes a few weeks ago for our anniversary. They're so light and form-fitting! I absolutely love them c: and black goes with all of my workout gear (except a pair of navy shorts i have but oh well) so I'm very happy with the color.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Indresk
My boyfriend bought me the Nike Free Run Plus 3 running shoes a few weeks ago for our anniversary. They're so light and form-fitting! I absolutely love them c: and black goes with all of my workout gear (except a pair of navy shorts i have but oh well) so I'm very happy with the color.

I just got the same pair! Haha, but blue. I wish I would have chosen black. They're very comfy.

Dapper Dabbler

EndHere
Indresk

I just got the same pair! Haha, but blue. I wish I would have chosen black. They're very comfy.

They are! The comfiness is what makes me want to go running haha.

Do you know what the tabs on the bottoms are for? I thought it was to sync with the Nike Plus Running app but I couldnt figure out how to do it D:
Indresk
EndHere
Indresk

Do you know what the tabs on the bottoms are for? I thought it was to sync with the Nike Plus Running app but I couldnt figure out how to do it D:

I use mapmyrun gonk
I had no idea you could even do that? surprised

Dapper Dabbler

EndHere
Indresk
EndHere
Indresk

I use mapmyrun gonk
I had no idea you could even do that? surprised

Ooh lol.
And yah you can! I know that nike has shoe inserts that track every step you take. They look almost exactly like those little tabs so that's why I was wondering.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff