Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Browser

any of you out there use Vibrams to run in?
my husband and I do, and we found it has helped our foot strike to be more accurate,
which makes his back and my knees feel a whole lot better.

So, questions:
Do you wear Vibrams?
What do you think about them?
If you don't use them, why not?
They sure do look weird, don't they? ;]

Kawaii Cub

I love them.
They're great. I should have started using them ever since they came out. It's really nice to feel my foot on the ground.
Shoes always felt odd to me.

Hilarious Swapper

I want to try Vibrams, but I can't really afford them. I did buy skeleton toes made my fila, mostly because I need a shoe that I could boat in and then run through the woods (if needed).
but I did try running in them and I loved them. Vibrams are suppose to be better, so I really want to try them.
I did try them once, but they felt weird to me.
I felt no support under my foot, although I did like the way my feet were hitting the ground.
I'd rather run completely barefoot.

Tipsy Gawker

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I want to try them but they're too expensive for me right now. Right now I'm running barefoot or in these really cheapo walmart shoes that have very little heel to them because my nikes have too high of a heel which hurts my knees.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Vibrams are much better than the other toe shoes. The other ones have a lot more padding and are much stiffer, so lose almost all the benefits.
With good form they are also very durable and last a long time, so are worth the money.
My feet and calves are also the most muscular they have ever been.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Krateor
my husband and I do, and we found it has helped our foot strike to be more accurate,

So, questions:
Do you wear Vibrams?

I want a pair, but I hear for running excessive distances, like anything more than a half-marathon they're not recommended?

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Nikki_the_Sheep
Krateor

So, questions:
Do you wear Vibrams?

I want a pair, but I hear for running excessive distances, like anything more than a half-marathon they're not recommended?
They are great for all distances, you just have to have good form, and be able to maintain it the whole time. Quite a few people have done 50 milers completely barefoot, others have tried to do 100milers but had to put on their vibrams at some point since their plantar skin was not tough enough,

And if you cannot afford vffs try running barefoot, it's even better.
I have some Vibram Adidas, i love them.. their really good training shoes, I use them to mid strike walk/run every where not even let my heel touch the ground.. It really made my calves muscles all rock hard! I just love idea of being able to run as humans are suppose to run closer to a natural form.. I am a much better runner now, Vibram forces people to be better runners, they don't make your running easier.
I have been using them for a few years now and love them to death.

I just ordered a pair of komodosports. They're fantastic.

For those who are afraid of the price. citysports.com has basic models on sale almost all the time.

I got a pair of classics for $39

I ordered the komodosports because they were $75

These shoes were a big motivation for me to run.
I WANT SOME SO BAD. I think I'll probably get some eventually. I just hate shoes and everyone who has them says it's like being barefoot. Until then I'll keep using my ridiculous bright pink Nike running shoes heart

Dapper Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Streaker 200
Do you wear Vibrams? -- Yeah, but just as everyday shoes
What do you think about them? -- They're extremely comfortable
If you don't use them, why not? -- It chaffs my ankle if I run in them too long and I need the support on the top of my foot or it hurts terribly
They sure do look weird, don't they? -- boy do they :p
I wear New Balance Minimus sneakers. The soles are made by Vibram,
so... I kind of wear Vibrams? XD

I absolutely love them. I bought them to wear to work, but I hike and run in them,
too. I can be on my feet for 8+ hours and I'm no longer stiff and sore when I go
home. My running has improved quite a bit, too. =)

I'm flat-footed, and while there
is a lot of debate over whether people with feet like mine should wear these shoes
or not... honestly, my feet and legs feel better in the Vibrams than they ever
did in shoes with higher support in them. My old Reeboks used to put too much
strain on the arch of my foot; it finally got to the point that I couldn't
put weight on one of my feet, and I had to wear a heavy Ace bandage
to even walk on it. =P I ditched the Reeboks and started wearing the Minimus;
two weeks later the pain was gone.

I probably won't buy any other sneaker BUT the Minimus, ever again. <3
I keep hearing good things about the vibrams. The only thing that's keeping me from buying them is the price.

Soon. mrgreen ninja mrgreen :nin
ja:
I lovelovelove my Vibrams!

I'm lucky enough to have a sister who works at a sports store so instead of the usual $110 price tag I only had to pay $50. c:

But I've always enjoyed the feel of no shoes, for the 4 years I lived in Florida I only wore shoes a hand full of times, the rest of the time sandals. Now I like to take advantage of my Vibrams when ever I can.

Running in them is fantastic, you feel so much more, its a lot more comfortable, and honestly I feel it in my muscles quite a bit compared to my old running shoes.

Honestly, don't let the price get you down, I would definitely pay the full price for these shoes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff