Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need some advice on how to make running more entertaining:

Music: I listen to music all of the time, but if a bad song comes on it drives me nuts. It helps sometimes, but not often enough.

Jogging With Friends: HORRIBLE for me. I always somehow end up in a laughing fit or we just stop all together.

Got any tips? 3nodding

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Set a goal, or go to some races. Have something to train for.

Swashbuckling Lunatic

Compile a specific running playlist, so you won't be bothered by bad songs. I used to listen to funny or educational pod casts while running. They really help the time pass and make running longer more enjoyable.

High-functioning Lunatic

Switch it up, go trail running some days and others on pavement. Focus on distance for some runs and then speed for others. Try running as the sun rises or sets.
Thelastcupcake
Switch it up, go trail running some days and others on pavement. Focus on distance for some runs and then speed for others. Try running as the sun rises or sets.

Great tips. ^ Changing the scenery is a great way to keep it interesting.
Definitely try running in the woods, or even in the town/city. Plenty of things
to look at.

Dangerous Raider

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Well, what I always do to entertain myself when I run is, I find one thing to look at in front of me that's far away, and then I run to it, then I pick something else. It helps you not focus on the fact that you're running, but gives you a sense of achievement at the same time. haha smile

Nerd

If I could change up my running environment like others suggested, I totally would. Unfortunately there arent any nature trails or anything around here :eyeroll:

Other than that, Id advise making a specific running playlist, and switching up between periods of sprinting, then jogging.

I also just review things in my head, but thats just me :eyeroll: Think about my friends, stressers, relaxers, etc.

IRL Conversationalist

4,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
kyo_luver123
I need some advice on how to make running more entertaining:

Music: I listen to music all of the time, but if a bad song comes on it drives me nuts. It helps sometimes, but not often enough.

Jogging With Friends: HORRIBLE for me. I always somehow end up in a laughing fit or we just stop all together.

Got any tips? 3nodding
Well one of the things that pushed me to run is an iPhone app called "zombies, run!". While your running, there's a story that unfolds in your earphone. Also, there is a setting where zombies chase you and it forces you to sprint for a period of time... It's like a running rpg app.. I really like it ^_^. It's been a couple of months now that I've been running and I still use it ^_^.

Dangerous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
I usually do math problems in my head while running.

5,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
Run outside so you can get some scenery. I hate it too when a bad song comes on so I make sure to have a playlist ready before I go. That way I'm always pumped
kyo_luver123

Lots of people seem to think that ditching the music helps you engage your brain with the running better. I never listen to music so I can't compare the two, but maybe give it a try once or twice and see if it helps.
I've found that no matter how good I consider a song to be I will eventually get tired of it if I run to it a lot. What I do to keep my music interesting is change it every week. I have a cheapo mp3 player, so I tend to delete everything and start fresh. If you have something like an ipod you can just delete the playlist and make a completely new one.

Hilarious Fatcat

try to just think about what you're doing like maybe issues with friends or just making plans later, keep your mind busy while you're running so it doesn't seem as long and hard.
Get yourself lost.
You'll be more focused on trying to figure out where the hell you are than on how boring running is. Or run on trails. It's really fun when you find a new trail that you never knew existed before.

Dangerous Gaian

1,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I don't know it this will help. But my mom just got herself a new dog, and it was my job to take it outside to play. And one day I hadn't done my daily run yet and I really wanted to go because I absolutely love running, so I decided to take the dog along (On a leash of course). We run together all the time now, its so much fun and I have no idea why, but knowing that the little dog can keep going makes me want to keep going too. So mabye if its possible, get a dog?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff