Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with User 26213645

I know this forum is mainly for long distance people, but I was curious if we had any sprinters in here!

Track season just started and I'm working on my sprint time. My 100m is 14.6 seconds right now, but I know very little about form. I know you're supposed to pump your arms and throw yourself forwards, but are you supposed to take long strides or short quick steps on your toes? Is there a "right" way to breathe? I've heard a lot of contradictory things.

How much time can good form cut off? If it's not possible for me to get to around 14 seconds flat, I may consider dropping the event.
There are some really good videos on YouTube. Good form is important. I had improper form during a race one time when I got distracted and I lost a whole second.

Hilarious Noob

rlly basic

DO NOT DROP THE EVENT! I ran my 100m on Wednesday at 15/16 seconds I think, I finished 3rd out of 8 girls. It's not the best time since I sprained my ankle lol

What I do that helps me a lot, when they say "set" I look ahead than keeping my head down b/c I feel like it's helping me accelerate faster... Also use your arms more b/c it'll flow with your legs. Try to stay low the first 10m then use them arms! Honestly, I don't think there is a "proper" form as long as you have a good start on your blocks and use your arms.

In a relationship with User 26213645

Bop4Life
rlly basic

DO NOT DROP THE EVENT! I ran my 100m on Wednesday at 15/16 seconds I think, I finished 3rd out of 8 girls. It's not the best time since I sprained my ankle lol

What I do that helps me a lot, when they say "set" I look ahead than keeping my head down b/c I feel like it's helping me accelerate faster... Also use your arms more b/c it'll flow with your legs. Try to stay low the first 10m then use them arms! Honestly, I don't think there is a "proper" form as long as you have a good start on your blocks and use your arms.

Aw, you posted too late. I've moved to jumps already! sad But I'm much better at those than sprints, my long PR is 14'5 and my triple is 29'6, which isn't bad for a beginner!

Hilarious Noob

rlly basic
Bop4Life
rlly basic

Aw, you posted too late. I've moved to jumps already! sad But I'm much better at those than sprints, my long PR is 14'5 and my triple is 29'6, which isn't bad for a beginner!

awe darn! there's always next year! And ayeeeee long jumps.
You should do hurdles?? :O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces