Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I strarted running on a treadmill, its been 1 year since last time, and I haven't always had a good fitness D:

But it's someehooow gotten better, managed to warm up for 10 min, sprint 1 min, pause 5 min and sprint again for 1 min with 10% incline biggrin I think its better smile

Given me motivation to run more!

Any tips on which shoes I should get? And what types of exercises on treadmill I could do to increase cardio and lose fat too?

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Use a high incline, I use 13". It works amazing to slim down the thighs. As for shoes I just wear my house slippers. Weird right. Wear shoes that won't stress your feet and have the maximum amount of flexibility. I'm not an advocate for shoes since I'm a barefooter so I can't really give any suggestion brand and model-wise.

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Psychedelic Trip Out
Use a high incline, I use 13". It works amazing to slim down the thighs. As for shoes I just wear my house slippers. Weird right. Wear shoes that won't stress your feet and have the maximum amount of flexibility. I'm not an advocate for shoes since I'm a barefooter so I can't really give any suggestion brand and model-wise.

Hmmm okay thanks smile shoes with flexibility, like those which kinda bend?

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Nordic_Bjork
Psychedelic Trip Out

If you can bend them in half without much force and without snapping in half, they're good.

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Psychedelic Trip Out
Nordic_Bjork
Psychedelic Trip Out

If you can bend them in half without much force and without snapping in half, they're good.

OH! And one extra thing! Should I drink water before, after or during the running? razz

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Nordic_Bjork
Psychedelic Trip Out
Nordic_Bjork
Psychedelic Trip Out

OH! And one extra thing! Should I drink water before, after or during the running? razz
I never drink water before because it makes me sick. I rarely drink during but I always have a water bottle with me in case. Afterwards I take a couple drinks, but never chug. Chugging is bad. It really depends on your preference, see what works for you. Most runners have very similar preferences though.
Hmm, when it comes to drinking water, I think it kinda depends on how long your runs will be.
I usually drink 0,5L of water before going on a 40 min run (but you know, I wait a little while for the water to settle down, so I don't get "sick" wink and when I come back home I also drink a bit, which is important, since you loose lots of it while running.
Another thing: I THINK, but I'm not really sure, that when you do some reaally long runs, like 1h+, it's important to drink water while running as well.

Anyway, I hope you got the idea. biggrin Don't skip on the water thingy, hydration is very important when running, plus if your hydrated properly, your metabolism will be stronger, and therefore your performance will increase as well!

Good runs! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces