Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Strawberry

I play lacrosse, and we have turf fields, so that means everyone on the team wears cleats. But my problem is that my cleats kill me and give me horrible blisters!!! I've had them for a while, so it's not like a breaking-them-in sort of thing. I've tried bigger sizes and stuff, but those don't work. Any ideas for helping me?? Should i try different running techniques?? Any cleat brands you would recommend? thanks!
((sorry this isn't about the sport running pssh))

Familiar Explorer

According to google images lacross cleats look just like football cleats so I'm going to assume they're similar.

Where are the blisters? On the toes? Which toes? Right along the arch? The entire bottom of your foot?

My first suggestion is to make sure they fit right, they oughta been snug since you probably want good posture and want to be quick on your toes.

By sizes, you mean the replacement cleats? I always felt the longer ones helped my top speed but and the shorter ones helped my agility. I preferred the mid-sized ones. If you meant shoe size though, I highly suggest against wearing cleats that feel a bit big.

Maybe you're just running while tired a lot and your form is giving out?

3,650 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Invisibility 100
Stuff 'em with spaghetti!

IRL Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Loiterer 100
Do you have wide feet at all? Can't say I have any experience with wearing cleats but I do have wide feet and tend to get blisters more easily on my pinky toes the more I move around because shoes will fit too narrow for me. If you do, try to find cleats with a wide fit. Otherwise maybe you should invest in better socks. Because you are constantly running around and playing a sport, your feet get all moist and hot and sweaty so try to find a good sock that can handle all that. There are so many different types of sport and cushioned socks out there - consider wool or nylon blend or wicking socks. This article has some interesting tips on preventing blisters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff