Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

So I got back into running after about 2 years. I've noticed that every time I'm finished, the back of my head and ears hurt. Like it feels like the back of my head is asleep and I have a double ear infection. This only lasts for about 10 minutes
I don't remember if it was like this in the past because its been a couple years.
My husband says it may be because of the way my feet land when I run.

Any ideas or explanations?

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Are you landing flat-footed or slapping the ground?

Fatcat

Psychedelic Trip Out

It feels like I'm slapping the ground

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
BrownieeLocks
Psychedelic Trip Out

Soften up on your feet. Lean forward slightly, shorten up on your strides so that they are smaller but quicker, and land mid-foot. This allows gravity to naturally help move you forward. It will make it more comfortable to run and prevent most injuries caused by running. biggrin

Fatcat

Psychedelic Trip Out
BrownieeLocks
Psychedelic Trip Out

Soften up on your feet. Lean forward slightly, shorten up on your strides so that they are smaller but quicker, and land mid-foot. This allows gravity to naturally help move you forward. It will make it more comfortable to run and prevent most injuries caused by running. biggrin

Thank you! I appreciate it emotion_c8
It's literally all in the shoe and your posture. Try not to just drag yourself around! biggrin

Blessed Cat

yeah i also think its ur landing, maybe shaking up your brain every step xD. Yeah switch up your technique so u dont get brain damage xP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff