Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
I usually eat oatmeal on a morning run. then wait like 30 mins.
Hayden Demauri

hmm oatmeal? i heard that it takes ages to digest, which is why it keeps you fuller for longer?

Wheezing Flatterer

â–ºWhen I run in the morning I never eat breakfast.
But if you're going to make sure you wake up early enough so that you can eat, wait for it to digest, and use the bathroom before leaving. 'Cause they're nothing worse than having to run while you need to take a dump.

Dangerous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
P0cky_Panda
Hayden Demauri

hmm oatmeal? i heard that it takes ages to digest, which is why it keeps you fuller for longer?

Oatmeal is good because its breakfast, has good nutrients, and doesnt make you to full.
Before my half marathons or full marathons me and my parents would eat oatmeal.
RockSkullGirl
â–ºWhen I run in the morning I never eat breakfast.
But if you're going to make sure you wake up early enough so that you can eat, wait for it to digest, and use the bathroom before leaving. 'Cause they're nothing worse than having to run while you need to take a dump.

rofl
true story
Hayden Demauri
P0cky_Panda
Hayden Demauri

Oatmeal is good because its breakfast, has good nutrients, and doesnt make you to full.
Before my half marathons or full marathons me and my parents would eat oatmeal.

yeah fair enough. I suppose getting up half an hour earlier is inevitable

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I get dizzy if I run on an empty stomach. I like to eat fruit before my runs, especially bananas. I have digestion issues, but fruit before running doesn't bother me for some reason. I've read that the best thing to eat it carbohydrate, and to avoid fat before running.
Anna_Spence
I get dizzy if I run on an empty stomach. I like to eat fruit before my runs, especially bananas. I have digestion issues, but fruit before running doesn't bother me for some reason. I've read that the best thing to eat it carbohydrate, and to avoid fat before running.

how long do you wait after eating banana before heading out?

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Siiyuan
Anna_Spence

5 to 10 minutes.
Anna_Spence
Siiyuan
Anna_Spence

5 to 10 minutes.

wow really? that's really soon!
how long/intensely do you run for?

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Siiyuan
Anna_Spence
Siiyuan
Anna_Spence

5 to 10 minutes.

I'm not very fit, have have only been running for a month. I normally do a mixture of walk/running for 5 kilometres.
Anna_Spence
Siiyuan
Anna_Spence
Siiyuan
Anna_Spence

5 to 10 minutes.

I'm not very fit, have have only been running for a month. I normally do a mixture of walk/running for 5 kilometres.

that's so good!
I'll give the banna thing a go then. thanks biggrin
all fruit is good, but avoid "skin" on it. Like on apples and grapes. Watermelon would be good because is basically..water biggrin
roxykat7
all fruit is good, but avoid "skin" on it. Like on apples and grapes. Watermelon would be good because is basically..water biggrin

I never knew that, thanks! mrgreen

Dangerous Informer

6,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I usually try to grab a banana right before I put my shoes on, and when I come back eat a regular breakfast which is usually oatmeal or an english muffin.
I don't have a problem running on an empty stomach, I see it more as an incentive for me to run faster so I can eat sooner bc I'm usually starving! Whatever is working for you, I would continue doing it emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff