Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like running in the morning, but i don't have time to eat breakfast beforehand, so is it okay to run on an empty stomach? or is it better to have a snack of some sort? do you have to wait beforehand for a certain amount of time before heading out?

I usually run for over 1hour +
I hate running on an empty stomach, plus I have blood sugar issues, so I usually grab a granola bar or cereal bar or something before I head out for a run. It doesn't make me too full or anything, so it works pretty well.
eccentricanomaly
I hate running on an empty stomach, plus I have blood sugar issues, so I usually grab a granola bar or cereal bar or something before I head out for a run. It doesn't make me too full or anything, so it works pretty well.

DOes it give you a stitch?
And do you run straight away after consuming it?
P0cky_Panda
eccentricanomaly

Not really. It's not like, a lot of food so it doesn't really bother me too much.

If I don't have time, I'll right right after. I think I've even like, started warming up while still eating a granola bar once being rushed for track practice . . .

Guess it just depends on the person and how much your stomach can handle.
eccentricanomaly
P0cky_Panda
eccentricanomaly

Not really. It's not like, a lot of food so it doesn't really bother me too much.

If I don't have time, I'll right right after. I think I've even like, started warming up while still eating a granola bar once being rushed for track practice . . .

Guess it just depends on the person and how much your stomach can handle.

I suppose so n.n
I use to eat dried cranberries and raisins before running in the mornings, cause if the food is too heavy i get stitches

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
at least u have freedom to run on ur own
arrent

but me sad am sad

my parents wach me all the time i wanna run

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
i wanna run without my mom screaming : take ur sister with you dont go away ; sad
Aoi visualkei
i wanna run without my mom screaming : take ur sister with you dont go away ; sad

aw sad what if you joined a running club or something?

Dapper Elocutionist

3,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It's usually better to run with food in your system since it gives you more energy to prolong your run. I would eat something small, but I would also wait at least 30 minutes to an hour before you start your run after you've eaten.
Heureuse
It's usually better to run with food in your system since it gives you more energy to prolong your run. I would eat something small, but I would also wait at least 30 minutes to an hour before you start your run after you've eaten.

Yeah I agree, I can run way better when I've eaten but the thing is that I don't have time in the morning to let my food digest cause of school.
There's nothing dangerous about running on an empty stomach, if that's what you're asking. It may not be pleasant, however, depending on how far you're going or how intense a run you want it to be.

When I ran, I normally went early in the morning and I wouldn't eat before hand but those were my easy days and I only did about two miles. Otherwise, I'd start to feel some unpleasantness.
When I would eat in the afternoon, I'd normally wait an hour or so before going out but that all depended on what I was eating. If it was something light, I wouldn't have issues with stitches if I ran right away. If I ate something like pizza? Forget about it. A run just wasn't happening.

It all depends on you and what you're comfortable with.
Vincerus
There's nothing dangerous about running on an empty stomach, if that's what you're asking. It may not be pleasant, however, depending on how far you're going or how intense a run you want it to be.

When I ran, I normally went early in the morning and I wouldn't eat before hand but those were my easy days and I only did about two miles. Otherwise, I'd start to feel some unpleasantness.
When I would eat in the afternoon, I'd normally wait an hour or so before going out but that all depended on what I was eating. If it was something light, I wouldn't have issues with stitches if I ran right away. If I ate something like pizza? Forget about it. A run just wasn't happening.

It all depends on you and what you're comfortable with.

Yeah I agree n_n
I usually eat a pile of dried cranberrys/raisins and then wait 20 minutes before heading out. IT's so light though so I still don't feel like I have much energy.
But given the amount of time I have in the morning, there isn't much else I can do.
I have no problem running on an empty stomach, it's just that I guzzle water a bit much so by the time I'm done, I don't feel all that great and have more than once thrown up afterwards. Now if this is solely because of not eating beforehand or perhaps bad food, I don't know. I do however, eat something light: cereal, a very large sandwich... I find that it's easier to go running and then working out if my breakfast contains no meat because it makes me feel heavy afterwards. So all veggies and fruit for me^^
Kaldelar
I have no problem running on an empty stomach, it's just that I guzzle water a bit much so by the time I'm done, I don't feel all that great and have more than once thrown up afterwards. Now if this is solely because of not eating beforehand or perhaps bad food, I don't know. I do however, eat something light: cereal, a very large sandwich... I find that it's easier to go running and then working out if my breakfast contains no meat because it makes me feel heavy afterwards. So all veggies and fruit for me^^

yeah that makes sense 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces