Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cache and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120826 Firefox/15.0 SeaMonkey/2.12

My Aquarium is not loading.

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-click on My Gaia tab

Step 3-click on Aquarium tab

Step 4-taken to Aquarium

Suppose to Result: Aquarium displayed

Act result: Grey screen; aquarium refuses to load.

Agile Star

5,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Timid 100
Short description of the problem: Ok, so. Every time I post in forums or in guilds, I click the submit button. When I find a mistake and I want to edit it, all the information I posted before erases it completely. I own a guild of my own, and every time I add a character ( Its an Roleplay guild ) All the past characters information erases as well! Its hard to code back all the pictures, along with the information!

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Operation system: emachines/ Windows 7

Step 1- Log onto www.gaianline.com

Step 2- Go on guild/forum.

Step 3- Add a post.

Step 4- Go back to edit.

Step 5- Post refuses to leave current information, leaving the type box blank.

Suppose to Result: Leaving the current information inside the box, editing it without the sentences disappearing.

Act result: All the sentences/words I typed before disappears, leaving what I typed currently.

Amorous Prophet

12,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Short description of the problem:
i have been unable to access the towns for a awhile now and it seems that every time it occurs it is hung up on the accessing town server part.

Browser: Firefox
Operation system: windows vista home edition

Step 2- access the world page

Step 3- Enter towns opening page

Step 4- click directory

Step 5- choose town to explore

Suppose to Result: access town space to explore

Act result: stalls at accessing server page and can not explore towns

Beloved Hunter

4,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

Browser: Google Chrome

Version: 22.0.1229.26 beta-m

Brief description of the problem: The forehand of my avatar is experiencing a graphic glitch where the glove does not appear over the hand while I have Neutral Starter Hero top, and Tsunami KO Classic Coat on at the same time, while in the front view, though the aft hand does have the glove on. When I switch it to back view, it works properly

Steps to reproduce:
Step-1 Equip Neutral Starter Hero top
Step-2 Equip Tsunami KO Classic Coat

Dangerous Hunter

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Zune 4.7)

I did not receive a drop from my dead fish.

1 - Log in
2 - Click on 'My Gaia' tab
3 - Click on sub-tab 'Aquarium'
4 - Taken to tank/aquarium
5 - Click on Barrett's announcement about a dead fish in my tank (the 'close' sub-tab)
6 - Click on 'Aquarium Inventory' at upper left
7 - Click and drag replacement fish (in this case, a LIghtning Bug) from my fish inventory into my tank.
8 - Click 'save' when it appears.

I looked in my inventory for the drop from my dead Lightning Bug... it is not there. I refreshed, cleaned my cache, etc... still not there.

Feral Bunny

19,950 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Short description of the problem: Inventory Sellback Does Not Complete

Browser: Google Chrome/21.0.1180.89
Operation system: Windows Vista (Home Edition)

Step 1 - Log onto www.gaianline.com

Step 2 - Access 'My Gaia'

Step 3 - Click 'Inventory'

Step 4 - Click 'Organize Inventory'

Step 5 - Allow Inventory to load

Step 6 - Click on desired item [Aquarium Arrow Fish]

Step 7 - Select 'Sale Item'

Step 8 - Allow 'Sale Item' window to load

Step 9 - Click 'Sale Item'

Suppose to Result: Item is sold back for half of retail value.

Act result: It stays on 'Item sellback in progress...' message and never completes.

Note:
The problem has been occurring over the last two to three days. Normally, leaving the screen and going back in again fixes it. Today, however, I have not been so lucky. The problem is persistent and nothing seems to make it so that the fish is sold. Thus far the problem seems to only be with Aquarium items.

There are a number of others in the bug forums reporting this. (see below links) However, none were reported here so I did so.

Inventory: Can not sell certain items
Item sellback doesnt work
Item Sellback Down??

Thanks for reporting, our devs are looking at it.
selvinivi

Original Sweetheart

8,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Missing home items

Windows 7 Home
Firefox 15

items keep disappearing from my house each time I use design my home or go to home. Each time I go back after a day or two to check again, more items are missing. They're still in inventory, but they're showing inaccessible, as if they're already in the house. Error code fnf3052 according to the pop up window.
Computer Specs:Windows 7, Hp with Mozilla Firefox
Flash is 11.5 or something like that. It automatically updates so I am not sure.

Bug:
Cannot Change my avatar's outfit, (refusal to save to due to error, see below)

*Save failed, please try again.

Reason: Unable to move items during the avatar save. Please try again. serial_not_in_owner_location

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again.*

Cannot Move items from Storage container to main inventory.
(Claim of Inventory change every time despite reloading, cache/history clearing, and logging out)

Reproduction: (cannot due to the item not being present, this is what happens to me each time I attempt to change avatar's appearence)
2) Log in.
3)Avatar customize/ Inventory panel
4) attemps to change avatar appearence or movement of inventory items.
5) Site loads and acts like it will
6) It doesn't
7) A message is displayed often of an error with code or a gaia notification pop up.
cool Copy of code above and listed effect.

NOTES:
I tried on the house pride item then I took it off like right after ( as you can tell I like black and white and could not resist) and put on my avi's old clothes because i have a friend who's avatar refused to change to a "Pokemon" during the game. I tried to send him the "house pride," as a gift since he couldn't play anyway. It refused because of serial not in owner location. Now I cannot change the clothes on my avatar. I cannot move stuff my Storage Locker because it claims "My Inventory" has changed. I cannot move any of my outfit items but I can still sell the other items listed. And as of this morning, My House pride Item has disappeared but it hasn't shown up in my trades tab as a gift.

It sucks major. I don't want the item,
I just want to move my items and save my clothes again. sad

Dangerous Voter

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Windows 7, Internet explorer 9, flash 10.0
1. gaia map area
2. Click any fishing place besides bassken lake
3. all other lakes will not load for fishing
4. result is white screen or white loading bar
result: Bassken Lake loads immediatly for me but all other lakes will not load.
notes: I was wondering if I have to buy the better fishing rods to "unlock" each area to make them work?

Dangerous Voter

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Windows 7, internet explorer 9, flash 10.0
problem: aquarium not loading
1. go to my aquarium
2. aquarium does not load only black screen
result: no tank
Notes: I know for a fact that my aquarium does show up when I use a windows XP, internet explorer 9, I just can't add fish because they dissapear when you refresh or when you put them in they are belly up at the top of the tank until you refresh.

Smitten Star

9,150 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
Computer Specs:Windows 7, Firefox and IE (tried with both browsers)
Flash is 11.5

Bug:
Cannot Change my avatar's outfit, (refusal to save to due to error, see below), MISSING AVATAR ITEM

*Save failed, please try again.

Reason: Unable to move items during the avatar save. Please try again. serial_not_in_owner_location

If the problem persists, click on "Get Nekkid", save your avatar, and try again.*

Missing item "Aamira the Wanderer", EXTRA item "Donna del Carnevale"

Reproduction: (cannot due to the item not being present, this is what happens to me each time I attempt to change avatar's appearence)
2) Log in.
3) Avatar customize/ Inventory panel
4) attempt to change avatar appearance, even through "Get Nekkid"
5) Site loads and acts like it will
6) It doesn't
7) A message is displayed often of an error with code or a gaia notification pop up.
Copy of code above and listed effect.

NOTES:
I changed the hair on my avatar from the Donna del Carnevale item to Aamira the Wanderer; it went through as normal. I then went to the MP and bought a friend of mine an Aamira and sent it to her using the gift system (I sent it anonymously). I then returned to my avatar screen and went to change the eyes on my avatar, and it allowed me to do so...but would not allow me to save. Upon searching my inventory I discovered that I now had zero Aamira the Wanderer, and /two/ Donna del Carnevale (the second one appears in my inventory right next to the original). I tried the Get Nekkid button and then saving- no go. I even purchased another Aamira the Wanderer to see if that would fix the error message but it did not. Clearing my cache has done nothing, and I have even attempted to use multiple browsers.

Additionally, the ticket support won't work for me either. Le sigh.

I want my original item back, and preferably a refund of the 297k gold I had to spend to test the theory regarding another Aamira. If I can't get the refund then I'll just sell the extra, but I want access to my avatar again. That's one of the main reasons I'm a member and buy Gaia Cash.

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Not exactly sure how to explain this... But I cant get out of it or do anything to stop it.

Browser: Firefox
Operation System: Windows 7

Step 2- Log on to zOMG

Step 3- I was walking around in the zen garden.

Step 4- For some reason, my character got stuck behind some trees.

Step 5- If i repeatedly click somewhere my character appears to move there, but no one can see me..

Suppose to Result: Just walking around o_o

Act result: My character is stuck behind some trees in zen garden, I can attack things but no one appears to see me and I cannot leave the area. Even if i turn the game off and then back on I am still stuck behind the trees.

This is frustrating, And I can't undo it. My character will not move. (Accept if i repeatedly click somewhere, But if i use a ring it sends me back to behind the trees.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff