Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Hunter

Problem:
Problem with 'Billowing Cape' animated layer, for example, when a 'Billowing Cape' is animated it appears behind 'Halftone Hero (speed lines)' when in fact it should appear in front. The problem only occurs when your avatar is facing towards you and while the animation is active.

Reproduction:
1. Equip a 'Billowing Cape item (animated)'.
2. Equip 'Halftone Hero (speed lines)'.
3. Save avatar and view it with the animation active.

Added notes:
I realise the is a small issue, but I fear layering problems like this may occur on other animated items.

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Our devs are aware of this issue and are working on it.

nnair

juliet106
Browser: Internet Explorer and Google Chrome (not sure which version but both are up to date)

I've tried several times to change the number to get notifications sent to my phone b/c my old phone is no longer functional. Every time I've tried to change it It won't let me

step 1: I log into gaia
2: Click on "my gaia" on the tool bar
3: Under prefrences click notifications
4: Click change number
5: Type in password, hit enter
6: Enter new phone number (exaxtly like the example shows), hit enter

a little box shows up and in red lettering it says it cant prosses the information because the server is off line. I've tried this several times on both browsers I have and I get the same answer every time. I even tried the advice listed in the forum discripton: log out clear cache/cookies and log back in, andI still get the same results.

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
I've passed on this issue to the devs.

nnair

Vigilant Vigilante
Problem:
Problem with 'Billowing Cape' animated layer, for example, when a 'Billowing Cape' is animated it appears behind 'Halftone Hero (speed lines)' when in fact it should appear in front. The problem only occurs when your avatar is facing towards you and while the animation is active.

Reproduction:
1. Equip a 'Billowing Cape item (animated)'.
2. Equip 'Halftone Hero (speed lines)'.
3. Save avatar and view it with the animation active.

Added notes:
I realise the is a small issue, but I fear layering problems like this may occur on other animated items.

Chatty Werewolf

My hair for my Avi isn't changing when it shows it over the bar or when I post.

Hilarious Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Brought new hair from the salon and it only changes to the new style when in dress up cat_crying

Unbeatable Punching Bag

15,700 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Strong Pokemon... Weak Pokemon...
That is only the selfish perception of people...

Problem :
When equipping an animated item, cursors do not recognize the avatar as a link. It is still able to be clicked, however, when scrolled over, the cursor does not change, and when CTRL+Click'd or right clicked, the image drop-down menu does not appear, and instead the regular website drop-down menu appears. When you click out of the website drop-down menu, the page navigates to the user's profile.
~
Reproduction [one of two] :
1.] Equip an animated item [any (or so I believe)]
2.] Go to one of your own Forums posts
3.] Scroll over avatar, right click avatar, or CTRL+Click avatar.

Reproduction [two of two] :
1.] Find a user who has an animated item equipped
2.] Go to one of their Forum posts
3.] Scroll over avatar, right click avatar, or CTRL+Click avatar.
~
This is an issueful and recurring problem. It, for one, might be bothersome for the user, being so adjusted to the cursor changing. And two, it does not allow any of the normal image drop-down menu options to be accessed on said avatar.
~
Side note :
It does not appear that this happens to everyone.
I am using a MacBook Pro and running Mozilla FireFox. I am running OS X Mountain Lion on my computer, and my FireFox is updated to the latest version.

Truly skilled Trainers should try to win...
With the Pokemon they love best.
Strawberry-Animal
Brought new hair from the salon and it only changes to the new style when in dress up cat_crying

thissss

cept eyes for me!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff