Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cache and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Beloved Lover

10,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Windows 7

Browser: google chrome

Version: This I don't know.

My marketplace wont let me sell 10 items. This has been going on for almost 2 1/2 weeks.
It shows 9 items and when I click to sell the 10th one, it says I can only sell 10 items. But
I only have 9 items in my shop.

I logged out of gaia and signed back in many times.
I hover over shops, click marketplace, then hover over marketplace and click my shop.
I even tried going to my inventory and clicked on the item I want to sell and it pops
up and I click sell in marketplace and it still shows that I have 10 items in my shop eventhough
I only have 9.

I am very tiered of this and I have been going everywhere asking about this and everyone
ignores me.

Please let me know what is going on and if or when someone is going to fix this for me.
Thank you.

ps Just making sure someone is seeing my post's. Like I said, I've been going on everything asking and telling people about this for the past 2 1/2 weeks now. I know everyone is busy, and im sorry but it is driving me crazy as well.

Hi, I tried to sell 10 items and I'm able to do it. It works fine. Could you please try to clear your cache..if not contact customer service.

thanks
selvinivi

Prophet

Rosamund's Revenge (Arms) are not displayed during a preview item.

Bug details:
Since its first release, I thought it would be normal to have a little bug but after a long time now this is worrisome. Looking at my avatar up at the header content from this picture, you can see that I am currently wearing the Rosamund's Revenge (Mephiste's Temptation) or the arms to be more clear. Now on the second picture right here, I will worn the Gogh Reed (Zero Hair) for an example. The fact that I choose an item or none does not make a difference, the arms are not showing during the preview item. The following buttons; View just this item, View with same item, View with dressed up items, Front/Back view and Stop/Play animation does not fix the problem.

Bug reproduction:
I always clean-up the cache and cookie and even history and downloads whenever I exit Firefox. As for the log-in and log-out, if cookies are not saved, I am always logged out at the exit of Firefox. I tried different items, not wearing any items at all except the arms but unfortunately the bug is still there.

Operating System & Web Spec:
Windows 7 @ Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2 @ Plugins checked @ "A.T.O" Google Chrome 22.0 ( & ) Internet Explorer 9.0

Distinct Genius

Naomitsuru
Rosamund's Revenge (Arms) are not displayed during a preview item.

Bug details:
Since its first release, I thought it would be normal to have a little bug but after a long time now this is worrisome. Looking at my avatar up at the header content from this picture, you can see that I am currently wearing the Rosamund's Revenge (Mephiste's Temptation) or the arms to be more clear. Now on the second picture right here, I will worn the Gogh Reed (Zero Hair) for an example. The fact that I choose an item or none does not make a difference, the arms are not showing during the preview item. The following buttons; View just this item, View with same item, View with dressed up items, Front/Back view and Stop/Play animation does not fix the problem.

Bug reproduction:
I always clean-up the cache and cookie and even history and downloads whenever I exit Firefox. As for the log-in and log-out, if cookies are not saved, I am always logged out at the exit of Firefox. I tried different items, not wearing any items at all except the arms but unfortunately the bug is still there.

Operating System & Web Spec:
Windows 7 @ Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2 @ Plugins checked @ "A.T.O" Google Chrome 22.0 ( & ) Internet Explorer 9.0

Profitable Swapper

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
im missing several items when i go to dress my avitar and i have doubles of items when i go to my inventore. what should i do?

Man-Hungry Healer

16,400 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Trades has eaten an item "spilled pages" that was pending for a few weeks(a month?). The trade was completed today, and it has yet to state that the trade was completed! The item has not shown up either.

I strongly believe this is NOT an issue on my end, but rather a server issue with trades.

I would really like the item "spilled pages" to be recovered...Is this a common glitch?

Magical Bunny

19,200 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Captcha not showing up correctly with quick reply.

Browser: Firefox 16
Operation system: Windows Vista

Step 2- Go in a forum.

Step 3- Press on the "Quick Reply" button.

Suppose to Result: A captcha box should show up underneath the textbox after a few post in the forums.

Act result: The textbox is showing up to enter an answer, but only an empty space shows up where the captcha box should show up and I need to go reply in the "full reply" page instead.

Hi, Thanks for reporting. Our devs are looking into this issue.

selvinivi

Invisible Loiterer

11,650 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Always says I have new notices e.g. new posts in forums that aren't really there.

Browser: Google Chrome but also happens on Internet Explorer
Operation system: Windows 7

Step 2- Browse Gaia

Step 3- Notices pop up

Step 4- Check and nothing is there

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:
There are meant to be posts but there aren't

Act result:
No posts, unnecessary notice

Fashionable Millionaire

Trying to remove items and strip my avi in the customize avatar. Wont Let me save either. Will allow me to add items.

Step 2- Customize Avatar

Step 3- Clicks "Save" and/or "Get Nekkid"

Step 4- Nothing happens

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:
Wont let me save or edit avatar

Act result:
Stuck with same avatar

Prophet

Icon in top-right corner → About Google Chrome → Version ##.#.####.## m
The version can also be displayed during "Reply in Topic" when looking below the text-area, near of Preview and Submit.
HaydenMcPhee

Beloved Lover

10,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Naomitsuru
Icon in top-right corner → About Google Chrome → Version ##.#.####.## m
The version can also be displayed during "Reply in Topic" when looking below the text-area, near of Preview and Submit.
HaydenMcPhee

Ahhh ^_^ Thank you. Version 22.0.1229.94 m And Happy Halloween.

Beloved Lover

10,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
HaydenMcPhee
Windows 7

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1229.94 Safari/537.4

Version: 22.0.1229.94 m

My marketplace wont let me sell 10 items. This has been going on for almost 2 1/2 weeks.
It shows 9 items and when I click to sell the 10th one, it says I can only sell 10 items. But
I only have 9 items in my shop.

I logged out of gaia and signed back in many times.
I hover over shops, click marketplace, then hover over marketplace and click my shop.
I even tried going to my inventory and clicked on the item I want to sell and it pops
up and I click sell in marketplace and it still shows that I have 10 items in my shop even though
I only have 9.

I am very tiered of this and I have been going everywhere asking about this and everyone
ignores me.

Please let me know what is going on and if or when someone is going to fix this for me.
Thank you.

ps Just making sure someone is seeing my post's. Like I said, I've been going on everything asking and telling people about this for the past 2 1/2 weeks now. I know everyone is busy, and im sorry but it is driving me crazy as well.

Hi, I tried to sell 10 items and I'm able to do it. It works fine. Could you please try to clear your cache..if not contact customer service.

thanks
selvinivi

Neophyte Prophet

5,800 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Trader 100
  • PvP 200
I am using Apple iPad one with iOS5
Browser is Safari

Problem: Market Daily Chance doesn't work.

Steps:
1)Log in to Gaia online
2)Click on the "Shops" tab.
3)In the title banner on the far right hand side, click the claw machine
4)You are taken to a page telling you about Market Daily Chance
5)Click the link at the bottom "receive daily chance"

This should result in you receiving an item from the daily chance just like on the other landing pages(they work, by the way).

Instead, you are taken to a page that tells you that there has been a permissions error and that you should try again.

This has been happening to me ever since about my third day on Gaia. I'm not sure exactly how long that is, but it is getting troublesome. I usually try it right after the "My Gaia" daily chance, but the results do not seem to change no matter where you come from.
I've been trying to save my avatar, but I keep receiving an error message. I have tried stripping my avatar "nekkid" and saving, but am still receiving an error message. Around the same time this started happening, multiples of items were appearing in my inventory in place of other clothing items.

Step 2- Customize Avatar

Step 3- Clicks "Save" and/or "Get Nekkid"

Step 4- Nothing happens

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:
Wont let me save/edit avatar, can't access certain clothing items.

Act result:
Stuck with same avatar, missing clothing items.

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Browser: Internet Explorer and Google Chrome (not sure which version but both are up to date)

I've tried several times to change the number to get notifications sent to my phone b/c my old phone is no longer functional. Every time I've tried to change it It won't let me

step 1: I log into gaia
2: Click on "my gaia" on the tool bar
3: Under prefrences click notifications
4: Click change number
5: Type in password, hit enter
6: Enter new phone number (exaxtly like the example shows), hit enter

a little box shows up and in red lettering it says it cant prosses the information because the server is off line. I've tried this several times on both browsers I have and I get the same answer every time. I even tried the advice listed in the forum discripton: log out clear cache/cookies and log back in, andI still get the same results.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games