Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cache and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Dangerous Seeker

2,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
Windows 7
Google Chrome
Flash 10?

Every time I edit my wish list in the past month it has deleted everything.. There were a few items on there I really wanted hair wise and was questing, I can not remembered the names... This made me very sad to have it happen three times in a row..... sad I use my wish list as a shopping list.... So I can just go back to it , click on the item, and have quick access to buy it when I have enough gold.

Hi, Could you please provide the exact steps...right from edit and delete..this will help us to reproduce your issue.

Thanks
selvinivi

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
I got a friend request from a person. I've accepted it multiple times.So after that, he appears in my friends list. I go back to my gaia page, and I still have a request. The box is checked for him being my friend too. I don't know what to do.

Invisible Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
Fish will not save in my aquarium

2. Can you reproduce the problem? Yes

Windows 7

Browser: google chrome

Version: This I don't know.

Brief description of the problem: My fish when added to my aquarium won't save or all the added fish die and the fish guy doesn't pop in the window, saying my fish died, then when I navigate away any where on gaia and back onto my aquarium tab, they aren't saved even though it saved and fish are still in my inventory

steps to reproduce:

1 log into gaia
2 click my gaia
3 click aquarium
4 place fsh iinto the tank, hit save then,1 of 2 things will happen the fish that were added die and the fish guy doesn't pop up, or the fish will save
5 navigate away from the aquarium to anywhere on gaia.
6 go back to the aquarium fish aren't there
7 go to inventory, there they are with no lock on them either

Note: This keeps happening and has been for a while, I waited to see if it was a temporary bug and gaia will work it out, but it hasn't been.
1.For two weeks or more I have been trying to access bid blast. Every time I go to bid blast it has the same auction and says it is almost over when it has been over for a while.

2. I don't know if it's a matter of recreating the problem it happens daily after I log in and try to check bid blast.

3. I am running Windows 7.

4. My browser is internet 9.

I stated I waited 2 weeks now. I don't feel like I am trying to rush anyone, but I did buy 2000 bid tickets for 80,000 gold and if it doesn't get resolved I can't use them.
Windows 7
google chrome
Flash newly updated

Past three days I have attempted to go trick or treating all the store owners give me the message of " don't be greedy I already gave you some candy". I have tested one and off with all the store owners to see if It would help. Nothing.

My tests would go from waiting an hour to trying to to even waiting as long as six to seven hours. Still they tell me I have already gotten candy. On Monday afternoon I first noticed the issue

Invisible Regular

12,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Megathread 100
Short description of the problem:

Subsribed topics don't register in mine and other's feeds, I can only provide my exact specs, but from the topic I'm going to link It's for most to all devices. can be intermittent, and some people don't get notices about quotes. and yes we've checked our feed settings
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Operation system: win7 x64

Step 1- Log onto www.gaianline.com

Step 2- subscribe to a topic

Step 3- wait for it to be posted in or to be quoted

Step 4- wait to see if the feed appears

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:
a notice is supposted to appear beside my avi, and a corresponding feed in my gaia

Act result:
nothing happens and I miss out on important posts and conversations
subscribed thread notifications not working

Hi, Thanks for reporting, our devs are aware of it and working.
selvinivi

Dapper Genius

3,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
My problem is still not fixed. It's been over three months now since I first reported this. Link to initial Bug Thread Report on August 6th.

MP Mule
I have filed a ticket (5630-10228165) and was told to make a thread/post here so a Developer could see it. Here is my information:

Recreating the experience:

1. Log onto Gaia.
2. Go to inventory.
3. Go to Inventory Arranger http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory2/arranger/
4. Open House tab.
5. Try to move the 47 letters that are in the House tab into my main inventory tab.
6. It fails because the letters are locked.
7. Click "Design My Home" under the House tab.
8. Clear my home, save.
9. Return to Inventory Arranger.
10. Problem persists.

Information filed with my ticket:

1. Where on Gaia are you seeing this problem? - The inventory arranger. http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory2/arranger/

2. What date did this problem start? - Sometime in the last couple years (I have been on hiatus). I can't know exactly when, but I noticed the problem when I logged onto this mule account on 6/2/2012.

3. What is your operating system? - Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Browsers used: Firefox 14.0.1 and Safari 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)
Edit: Also tried on Windows 7 Professional on Firefox 14.0.1

4. What exactly were you doing on the site when this problem occurred? - Trying to use the Arranger. I attempted to remove the locked letters from the House tab in the Arranger and it would not let me. It gives me an "ALERT\" stating "Items placed in your house cannot be moved."

I went to edit my actual Gaia Home by clicking "Design My Home" in the House box in the Arranger, to remove the letters from my home by clearing my Home. ( http://www.gaiaonline.com/homes/edit/ ) The letters did not show up in my Gaia Home Editor at any point. Clearing and saving it did not work. Logging out and back in, clearing it, saving it and waiting a few days did not work. Clearing my browser's cache did not work. Using a different browser did not work. Clearing the second browser's cache and trying it again did not work. Browsers used: Firefox 14.0.1 and Safari 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

I believe this is a glitch with your system and is not a problem on my end. I have tried everything feasible to get this to work and it has not.

I will provide you again with the original screenshot I took when I put in this ticket and a second one as it is currently (nothing has changed). It shows all the letters I have. There are 47 of them. I will list them:

There is a Starter Fridge and Starter Sandals before them, so the number they are in the House box is offset by 2. I will put returns after letters when the year changes, so they are not mistaken for another year.

1 Thank You Letter for Feb 2005
2 Thank You Letter for Mar 2005

3 Thank You Letter for Jan 2006
4 Thank You Letter for Jan 2006
5 Thank You Letter for Feb 2006
6 Thank You Letter for Feb 2006
7 Thank You Letter for Mar 2006
8 Thank You Letter for Mar 2006
9 Thank You Letter for Apr 2006
10 Thank You Letter for Apr 2006
11 Thank You Letter for May 2006
12 Thank You Letter for May 2006
13 Thank You Letter for June 2006
14 Thank You Letter for June 2006
15 Thank You Letter for July 2006
16 Thank You Letter for July 2006
17 Thank You Letter for August 2006
18 Thank You Letter for August 2006
19 Thank You Letter for September 2006
20 Thank You Letter for September 2006
21 Thank You Letter for October 2006
22 Thank You Letter for October 2006
23 Thank You Letter for November 2006
24 Thank You Letter for November 2006
25 Thank You Letter for December 2006
26 Thank You Letter for December 2006

27 Thank You Letter for December 2005
28 Thank You Letter for November 2005
29 Thank You Letter for October 2005
30 Thank You Letter for September 2005
31 Thank You Letter for August 2005
32 Thank You Letter for July 2005
33 Thank You Letter for June 2005
34 Thank You Letter for May 2005
35 Thank You Letter for April 2005

36 Thank You Letter for June 2007
37 Thank You Letter for June 2007
38 Thank You Letter for May 2007
39 Thank You Letter for May 2007
40 Thank You Letter for April 2007
41 Thank You Letter for April 2007
42 Thank You Letter for March 2007
43 Thank You Letter for March 2007
44 Thank You Letter for Feb 2007
45 Thank You Letter for Feb 2007
46 Thank You Letter for Jan 2007
47 Thank You Letter for Jan 2007

I will also attach 3 screenshots of the Design My Home with the letters not in it. I am showing you what is in there for each tab the letters could appear in, just to be thorough.

Screenshots:
Original Screenshot of Arranger filed with the ticket
Current Screenshot of Arranger
House Editor - Furniture
House Editor - Decor Pg 1
House Editor - Decor Pg 2

I really just want the letters to work. If you can move them from the House box to my Inventory box, that would be just wonderful.

Hi, I have forwarded this to our devs.
thanks
selvinivi

Tipsy Grabber

Windows 7
Firefox
Flash Updated

Millionaire achievement achieved, but disappeared only seconds later.

I then spent some of the money, do I have to be holding onto 1M
just to have this achievement?

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I've been experiencing a bug with my avi. I can't change her clothes or her skin. I know a few days ago there was a problem with this and I thought it'd gotten fixed. I'm really stuck. I've tried refreshing. I keep getting a message that the base isn't right and that I should click 'nekkid' and save but the message keeps popping up. It's been doing this for a few days now and I really would like some help please?

Thanks~

Akaito_x_Mikuo_FTW

Hi, try to change your gender and see..this should work or could you please contact customer service.

Thanks
selvinivi

Anxious Man-Lover

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
I've had a problem with my friend list for quite a while but I never really considered it big issue. Somehow I'm on my own friend list and it won't let me remove myself.

Sparkly Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I purchased 10,000 tickets off of the marketplace (google chrome is my browser), the purchase was confirmed, but the tickets have not appeared in my inventory. Please help me fix this problem, due to this purchase not going through correctly I feel uncomfortable using the marketplace, if it takes my money and doesn't give what it's supposed to it's not a fair service..

Hi, Thanks for reporting the issue. Oue devs will look into it.

Thanks
selvinivi

Sparkly Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
OranceJuice
Windows 7
Firefox
Flash Updated

Millionaire achievement achieved, but disappeared only seconds later.

I then spent some of the money, do I have to be holding onto 1M
just to have this achievement?

I had this problem too. You only have the millionaire achievement while you have over 1m gold

Prophet

Unable to show mutual friend(s) from the suggested content on "My Gaia" page

Bug details:
The link Mutual Friend from My Gaia page when accessing the Suggested Content is not working. Nothing pop-up and the link is un-clickable, the link seems empty as displayed on this picture using Firebug Add-on. I asked different fellow Gaians to try it out for me and they all seems to have the same problem. Mutual Friend link is not working for them either.

Bug reproduction:
I always clean-up the cache and cookie and even history and downloads whenever I exit Firefox. As for the log-in and log-out, if cookies are not saved, I am always logged out at the exit of Firefox. The bug is still there.

Operating System & Web Spec:
Windows 7 @ Mozilla Firefox 16.0.1 @ Plugins checked @ "A.T.O" Google Chrome 22.0 ( & ) Internet Explorer 9.0

Distinct Genius

Naomitsuru
Unable to show mutual friend(s) from the suggested content on "My Gaia" page

Bug details:
The link Mutual Friend from My Gaia page when accessing the Suggested Content is not working. Nothing pop-up and the link is un-clickable, the link seems empty as displayed on this picture using Firebug Add-on. I asked different fellow Gaians to try it out for me and they all seems to have the same problem. Mutual Friend link is not working for them either.

Bug reproduction:
I always clean-up the cache and cookie and even history and downloads whenever I exit Firefox. As for the log-in and log-out, if cookies are not saved, I am always logged out at the exit of Firefox.

Operating System & Web Spec:
Windows 7 @ Mozilla Firefox 16.0.1 @ Plugins checked @ "A.T.O" Google Chrome 22.0 ( & ) Internet Explorer 9.0

Same here. Also Suggest Content disappears for me. o. o even thought I have friends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff