nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
Lotus Flower 1209
[.twisted sunshine.]
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Bug:
Gifting Cash Shop items does not work – items gifted are not received but Gaia Cash are reduced.

Two days ago, I bought two Adventure Time & The Quest for Knowing items from the Cash Shop using my mule account, and I gifted them to my main account to save time over starting a trade. I checked the purchase history from the mule, and it says the items were purchased, but I never received them in my main account.

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to Shops > Cash Shop
4) Click on Adventure Time & The Quest of Knowing
5) Click Buy with Cash
6) Send as gift to friend (selected from dropdown box)
7) Click Next and then Purchase
cool Check account inventory of recipient for items

At this point I didn’t receive any message that I’ve received a gift in my main. I also checked my inventory and the items couldn’t be found.

9) Check purchase history of account

I saw that the items were successfully purchased, but they could not be found in my mule account inventory either. I cleared my cache and cookies, and tried viewing the site on another browser (Google Chrome), but nothing happened. I decided to just wait for a day later in case the gift was just stuck in a system lag due to lots of people trying to buy the same item.

Result:
After two days, the item has not yet appeared on either account inventory, neither has the Gaia Cash been refunded in the mule account.

Notes:
I talked to another user who had a similar problem, but a moderator was able to help her get the items back. Apparently, other people have also been experiencing problems with lost items or randomly appearing Gaia Cash but it has not been reported in its proper place. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon and users may retrieve their missing items again.

Thank you!

having same isues as this person...a friend of mine sent me not one but two of the daily chances and I didn't get them but her gaia cash was taken away....please please help us.
I'm useing Firefox/13.0.1 and she is useing IE 8

Yeah I'm the friend...and we are both usng Windows Vista...please help us

Hi there,

Could you please let me know the name of the item you bought/gifted to your friend from cash shop?

Thanks,

nnair

It was two Digital Rainbow. I sent the second because I thought I had messed up the first one and sent it to someone else. Thank you for any help you can do.

Hi again,

If you bought the digital rainbow via Cash shop, you will find the digital rainbow in your inventory under "Special" tab. You will now need to click on the Digital Rainbow in your inventory in order to gift this item to your friend. Please let me know if this helped.

nnair

Romantic Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
Lotus Flower 1209
[.twisted sunshine.]
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Bug:
Gifting Cash Shop items does not work – items gifted are not received but Gaia Cash are reduced.

Two days ago, I bought two Adventure Time & The Quest for Knowing items from the Cash Shop using my mule account, and I gifted them to my main account to save time over starting a trade. I checked the purchase history from the mule, and it says the items were purchased, but I never received them in my main account.

Reproduction:
3) Go to Shops > Cash Shop
4) Click on Adventure Time & The Quest of Knowing
5) Click Buy with Cash
6) Send as gift to friend (selected from dropdown box)
7) Click Next and then Purchase
cool Check account inventory of recipient for items

At this point I didn’t receive any message that I’ve received a gift in my main. I also checked my inventory and the items couldn’t be found.

9) Check purchase history of account

I saw that the items were successfully purchased, but they could not be found in my mule account inventory either. I cleared my cache and cookies, and tried viewing the site on another browser (Google Chrome), but nothing happened. I decided to just wait for a day later in case the gift was just stuck in a system lag due to lots of people trying to buy the same item.

Result:
After two days, the item has not yet appeared on either account inventory, neither has the Gaia Cash been refunded in the mule account.

Notes:
I talked to another user who had a similar problem, but a moderator was able to help her get the items back. Apparently, other people have also been experiencing problems with lost items or randomly appearing Gaia Cash but it has not been reported in its proper place. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon and users may retrieve their missing items again.

Thank you!

having same isues as this person...a friend of mine sent me not one but two of the daily chances and I didn't get them but her gaia cash was taken away....please please help us.
I'm useing Firefox/13.0.1 and she is useing IE 8

Hi there,

Could you please let me know the name of the item you bought/gifted to your friend from cash shop?

Thanks,

nnair

It was two Digital Rainbow. I sent the second because I thought I had messed up the first one and sent it to someone else. Thank you for any help you can do.

Hi again,

If you bought the digital rainbow via Cash shop, you will find the digital rainbow in your inventory under "Special" tab. You will now need to click on the Digital Rainbow in your inventory in order to gift this item to your friend. Please let me know if this helped.

nnair

I didn't show up. And yes I bought it via the cash shop

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Unseelie Fairy Princess
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess

Hi there,

Thanks,

nnair

Hi again,

nnair

Hi,

I tried reproducing this issue in the same environment that you mentioned and was able to gift the digital rainbow successfully. I request you to please provide the exact sequence of steps that you may have taken to buy/gift it so that I may help you.

For e.g: Shops-->Cash Shop-->Digital Rainbow-->Buy
OR
Shops-->Premium Items-->Chance Items-->Buy Now button-->Digital Rainbow-->Buy with cash-->Give it to me/Send to-->Select a friend via drop-down/username-->Purchase

Thanks much,

nnair

Romantic Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess

Hi there,

Thanks,

nnair

Hi again,

nnair

Hi,

I tried reproducing this issue in the same environment that you mentioned and was able to gift the digital rainbow successfully. I request you to please provide the exact sequence of steps that you may have taken to buy/gift it so that I may help you.

For e.g: Shops--&Cash Shop--&Digital Rainbow--&Buy
OR
Shops--&Premium Items--&Chance Items--&Buy Now button--&Digital Rainbow--&Buy with cash--&Give it to me/Send to--&Select a friend via drop-down/username--&Purchase

Thanks much,

nnair

ok
I was in internet explore 8
step 1: went to my friends list
step 2: clicked "buy a gift"
step 3: clicked on the "Digital Rainbow"
step 4: went threw the processes buying it and sending it to my friend "Lotus Flower1209"
step 5: she didn't get it

thats it

Kawaii Warlord

Duplicating Notices and PMs

Computer Specs:
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MANM; MANM)
Operating System: Windows 7
Flash Player version:

Bug: I keep getting the same notices and PMs repeatedly. There are no new posts for the affiliated notices, and the PMs keep appearing as though I never read them. I have tried deleting them, but they only come back. Also, when I reply to threads in which I am involved, my posts are not appearing and do not count in the number of posts on the thread.

Reproduction:
1.) Go to www.gaiaonline.com
2.) Log in with username and password
3.) Go to PM inbox
4.) Read unread messages
5.) Return to inbox, only to discover said messages appear unread
6.) After much annoyance, delete messages
7.) Navigate to any other page

At this point I got another alert of new messages, and found they were the same exact ones I deleted. Reading them did not make any changes. This and the steps above occurred numerous times before I gave up.
8.) Check notices and alerts on My Gaia
9.) Check the guilds in which I have been quoted (My posting habits are primarily focused in guilds) and find that said quotes and replies are that which I have already replied to, but my posts are not appearing

I have tried clearing cookies and I have done two virus scans. I've also logged in and out. Neither seem to have changed the situation. I don't even know if this post will appear because of my apparent issues with guilds and forums. If you can see this, dear nnair, please help... Please.

Distinct Genius

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Computer Specs:
Windows 7
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.47 Safari/536.11
Flash 11.3.300.257

Marketplace (When you are in Item Detail)
Unsure if it effects La Victoire because items are not listed for sale

Bug:
When you try on a "Astra-" item in the Marketplace in its animated form and press play the animation fails to occur and the item on your avatar disappears completely. You can once again see the item when you stop the animation. This happens to all of the "Astra-" items in the Marketplace.

Reproduction:
3) Go to the web page http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/
4) In the Marketplace search bar search Astra and hit enter
5) Click on any of the items that appear (I chose the first-- Astra-11 Lucky Clover). The item you chose does not make a difference because they all have the glitch
6) Click the Try It On button
7) Select the form that is active (with the star behind it) and then press the play button on the far right of the buttons below you avatar. This button should say play/ stop animation if you scroll over it

Result:
Your avatar will disappear, reappear without the "Astra-" effect visible, then disappear and reappear again. You will be left with you avatar standing there with no visible "Astra-" effect, whether it is in still form or active.

Notes:
This bug has occurred for me for at least the past two weeks without fail. I thought there might be something wrong with my computer, however I recently got it checked out and fixed for any bugs. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this?

Thank you so much for looking over my report! I hope this helps!

Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hi there,

I suggest that you try a different computer or browser and try editing your profile again.
For now, I've deleted the other avatars from your profile page.

Thanks,
nnair

On my profile I delete all of the avatars on my profile page (except mine), then click save and the error box appears... im not sure why, but it happens every time!

Thanks 4 reading my problem!!!

nnair
ninja V-chan
PROFILE SAVING ISSUE

Computer Specs: WindowsXP SP3 (Version 5.1)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Bug: I can not save my profile after editing it.
I have tried several different computers, and they all failed! After editing my profile I click save and this message box shows up (the text in the box):

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

Hey! you modified your profile with out saving it.
Do you really want to leave with out saving?

Press OK to continue, or cancel to stay on the current page.

Reproduction:
1. Go to http://www.gaiaonline.com/
2. Log in
3. Click on My Gaia
4. Click profile in the top right corner
5. Click Edit My Profile Layout
6. Edit profile to my liking
7. Click save
8. Message Box appers with text from above

Result: This has been like this for about 2 1/2 to 1 year(s)!
I would very much appreciate it if this could be fixed for me!

Thank You for taking your time to read this report!!!

Hi there,

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. This message usually appears when the "Save" button is not clicked. Could you please be more specific about how you may have edited your profile (specific combination )? I'll be able to help you better that way.

Thanks,

nnair

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Short description of the problem:
Avatar wont load~ And my items that I tried to save disappeared!

Browser: Google Chrome (Ive also checked Internet explorer Problem still occurs)
Operation system: Vista.

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-Click my avatar so loads up the dress up page

Step 3-equip items

Step 4- click save

Step 5- then a message appears (You can clearly see the message in this picture ive screen shotted. [ X ]

Suppose to Result:
Ive tried getting rid of cache. cookies. everything you name it. And its still not saving my avatar.

Act result:
Before this happened. I did try to change the skin color on my avatar. Then the problem started to happen. It wouldnt save my avatar and it lost all the items I had equipped.

Notes:
It has duplicated all the items i was wearing before my last save for some reason, Here is a screen shot [ X ]

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Thanks for letting us know.
I have let our devs know about your issue. They will look into it.

nnair

Xael Key Slater
Short description of the problem: Inventory Item Location Error

Browser: Google Chrome/19.0.1084.56
Operation system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Bug: Once equipped items have been doubled up, causing a "serial_not_in_owner_location" popup.
Certain items appear to have been deleted as well from this item copy.

Replication notes:
Unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention, but here's what I do know.
I was attempting to change up my avatar to enter the summer section when this happened.
A moment before, I had taken an item down off My Store on the Marketplace and put it back up.
I also shopped around for swim trunk items for access.

I took down Dead Eyes White from marketplace, then re-listed it.
Then I bought Black CHOMP! Board Shorts and Cool Shades Beach Trunks.
I cannot be sure whether that is relevant.

I then tried to save my avatar, but I was given the previously mentioned error.

Result: Multiple items that were once equipped are now copied, possibly taking the place of the item directly to the right of it.

Screenshots:

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Zangaxel/glitch1.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Zangaxel/glitch2.jpg

In advance, I apologize for not knowing how to replicate this error.
I've tried clearing the cache and even used a different browser.
Because of the nature of the bug, I cannot replicate it, you understand.

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Hi there,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue.
Please let me know which operating system you have? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thanks,

nnair

Elise_Loves_TOP
Computer Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Google Chrome
Version: 20.0.1132.47 m

Bug:
When I clicked on an item/pose that I want to use for my avatar, the item/pose doesn't show in my avatar. What happened instead was the item tab moves up a notch every time I click on it.

Reproduction:
1) Go to Customize Avatar
2)Click on an item/pose
3) The item tab moves up, no change in my avatar.

Result:
I tried picking different items and had the same result. The item tabs moves up, but the avatar is still the same.

Notes:
I first noticed this bug yesterday.
I tried using the mozilla browser a few minutes ago and it's working perfectly. I use Google Chrome as my default browser so I hope you can help me out. Thank you!

Conservative Ladykiller

nnair
Hi there,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue.
Please let me know which operating system you have? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thanks,

nnair]

I'm using 64 bit.
I forgot to say that I first notice the problem when I transfer my Hawkin's Treasure Item from my 2nd account to my main account. (this is my main account). Thank you for looking into it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games