3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cash and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Star Tipper

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Google Chrome
Version: 19.0.1084.56 m

Bug:
Saving does not work at certain points. The game will forever say saving and will not actually save the game. The same things happen when you finish a puzzle. It will say granting gold, but no gold will actually be granted.

Reproduction:
1) Go to Jigsaw
2)Choose an insane puzzle
3) Work on the puzzle a bit, while saving through out.
* At some point your puzzle will not save.
4) Finish the puzzle.
*No gold will be granted at the end.

Result:
The save will not work, and will say saving. No gold will be granted upon completing the puzzle.

Notes:
The saving bug didn't happen the first couple of times. So you might have to save several times.

Timid Guildswoman

8,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Short description of the problem: Still listed as member of deleted guild.

Browser: Internet Explorer 8
Operation system: Windows 7

Step 2- Go to profile.

Step 3- Look at "guilds" section.

Step 4- Go to clean out old/dead/unfrequented guilds.

Step 5- See deleted guild still on my guild list.

Step 6- Attempt to quit and cannot because guild no longer exists.

Suppose to Result: I shouldn't still be a member at all.

Act result: Still counted as a member.

I don't think that this is a current issue with Gaia, exactly, but it's definitely annoying. (I'll admit that it wasn't exactly a recent deletion; it's just that I'm finding out about the issue now.)

Romantic Prophet

11,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
[.twisted sunshine.]
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Bug:
Gifting Cash Shop items does not work – items gifted are not received but Gaia Cash are reduced.

Two days ago, I bought two Adventure Time & The Quest for Knowing items from the Cash Shop using my mule account, and I gifted them to my main account to save time over starting a trade. I checked the purchase history from the mule, and it says the items were purchased, but I never received them in my main account.

Reproduction:
3) Go to Shops > Cash Shop
4) Click on Adventure Time & The Quest of Knowing
5) Click Buy with Cash
6) Send as gift to friend (selected from dropdown box)
7) Click Next and then Purchase
cool Check account inventory of recipient for items

At this point I didn’t receive any message that I’ve received a gift in my main. I also checked my inventory and the items couldn’t be found.

9) Check purchase history of account

I saw that the items were successfully purchased, but they could not be found in my mule account inventory either. I cleared my cache and cookies, and tried viewing the site on another browser (Google Chrome), but nothing happened. I decided to just wait for a day later in case the gift was just stuck in a system lag due to lots of people trying to buy the same item.

Result:
After two days, the item has not yet appeared on either account inventory, neither has the Gaia Cash been refunded in the mule account.

Notes:
I talked to another user who had a similar problem, but a moderator was able to help her get the items back. Apparently, other people have also been experiencing problems with lost items or randomly appearing Gaia Cash but it has not been reported in its proper place. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon and users may retrieve their missing items again.

Thank you!

having same isues as this person...a friend of mine sent me not one but two of the daily chances and I didn't get them but her gaia cash was taken away....please please help us.
I'm useing Firefox/13.0.1 and she is useing IE 8

Romantic Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Lotus Flower 1209
[.twisted sunshine.]
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Bug:
Gifting Cash Shop items does not work – items gifted are not received but Gaia Cash are reduced.

Two days ago, I bought two Adventure Time & The Quest for Knowing items from the Cash Shop using my mule account, and I gifted them to my main account to save time over starting a trade. I checked the purchase history from the mule, and it says the items were purchased, but I never received them in my main account.

Reproduction:
5) Click Buy with Cash

At this point I didn’t receive any message that I’ve received a gift in my main. I also checked my inventory and the items couldn’t be found.

I saw that the items were successfully purchased, but they could not be found in my mule account inventory either. I cleared my cache and cookies, and tried viewing the site on another browser (Google Chrome), but nothing happened. I decided to just wait for a day later in case the gift was just stuck in a system lag due to lots of people trying to buy the same item.

Result:
After two days, the item has not yet appeared on either account inventory, neither has the Gaia Cash been refunded in the mule account.

Notes:
I talked to another user who had a similar problem, but a moderator was able to help her get the items back. Apparently, other people have also been experiencing problems with lost items or randomly appearing Gaia Cash but it has not been reported in its proper place. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon and users may retrieve their missing items again.

Thank you!

having same isues as this person...a friend of mine sent me not one but two of the daily chances and I didn't get them but her gaia cash was taken away....please please help us.

Yeah I'm the friend...and we are both usng Windows Vista...please help us

Playful Guildswoman

Short description of the problem:
Cash shop discount for buying autocash is not showing in cash shop.

Browser: FF 13.0.1
Operation system: WinXP
Flash autoupdated

Step 2-Go to cash shop

Step 3-Try to purchase.

Suppose to Result:

Should show discount for using autocash.

Act result:

Discount for autocash is missing

Notes:

Is this due to changing the Cash Shop format to conform to that of the gold shops?
Yes, I did go ahead and purchase a 49GC Revive and a 25GC Black Long-Stem Rose, to see if the discount popped up during purchase - and it di not.

(Also bought fish earlier from Phin Phang, but items from PP have never been discounted.)

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Unseelie Fairy Princess
Lotus Flower 1209
[.twisted sunshine.]
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Bug:

Reproduction:
5) Click Buy with Cash

Result:

Notes:

Thank you!

Hi there,

Could you please let me know the name of the item you bought/gifted to your friend from cash shop?

Thanks,

nnair

Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PROFILE SAVING ISSUE

Computer Specs: WindowsXP SP3 (Version 5.1)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Bug: I can not save my profile after editing it.
I have tried several different computers, and they all failed! After editing my profile I click save and this message box shows up (the text in the box):

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

Hey! you modified your profile with out saving it.
Do you really want to leave with out saving?

Press OK to continue, or cancel to stay on the current page.

Reproduction:
1. Go to http://www.gaiaonline.com/
2. Log in
3. Click on My Gaia
4. Click profile in the top right corner
5. Click Edit My Profile Layout
6. Edit profile to my liking
7. Click save
8. Message Box appers with text from above

Result: This has been like this for about 2 1/2 to 1 year(s)!
I would very much appreciate it if this could be fixed for me!

Thank You for taking your time to read this report!!!

Romantic Lover

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I try to go to the marketplace to sell items, and when i get to the password box, i try to click next and all it does is basically refresh the page. the next button is no longer yellow like it normally is, it is white with [next] overlaying the NEXT text. I cant seem to sell any items, i have tried to sell items by using 3 different browsers, thinking at first that it was maybe my browser, but then with each browser i noticed it did the same thing. I cant sell items through the marketplace... please help!
thank you!

Romantic Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
nnair
Unseelie Fairy Princess
Lotus Flower 1209
[.twisted sunshine.]
Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1

Bug:

Reproduction:
5) Click Buy with Cash

Result:

Notes:

Thank you!

Hi there,

Could you please let me know the name of the item you bought/gifted to your friend from cash shop?

Thanks,

nnair

It was two Digital Rainbow. I sent the second because I thought I had messed up the first one and sent it to someone else. Thank you for any help you can do.

Conservative Ladykiller

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Google Chrome
Version: 20.0.1132.47 m

Bug:
When I clicked on an item/pose that I want to use for my avatar, the item/pose doesn't show in my avatar. What happened instead was the item tab moves up a notch every time I click on it.

Reproduction:
1) Go to Customize Avatar
2)Click on an item/pose
3) The item tab moves up, no change in my avatar.

Result:
I tried picking different items and had the same result. The item tabs moves up, but the avatar is still the same.

Notes:
I first noticed this bug yesterday.
I tried using the mozilla browser a few minutes ago and it's working perfectly. I use Google Chrome as my default browser so I hope you can help me out. Thank you!

Dangerous Scarface

8,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Short description of the problem: Inventory Item Location Error

Browser: Google Chrome/19.0.1084.56
Operation system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Bug: Once equipped items have been doubled up, causing a "serial_not_in_owner_location" popup.
Certain items appear to have been deleted as well from this item copy.

Replication notes:
Unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention, but here's what I do know.
I was attempting to change up my avatar to enter the summer section when this happened.
A moment before, I had taken an item down off My Store on the Marketplace and put it back up.
I also shopped around for swim trunk items for access.

I took down Dead Eyes White from marketplace, then re-listed it.
Then I bought Black CHOMP! Board Shorts and Cool Shades Beach Trunks.
I cannot be sure whether that is relevant.

I then tried to save my avatar, but I was given the previously mentioned error.

Result: Multiple items that were once equipped are now copied, possibly taking the place of the item directly to the right of it.

Screenshots:

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Zangaxel/glitch1.jpg

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/Zangaxel/glitch2.jpg

In advance, I apologize for not knowing how to replicate this error.
I've tried clearing the cache and even used a different browser.
Because of the nature of the bug, I cannot replicate it, you understand.

Romantic Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Computer Specs:
Windows XP 7
Google Chrome
Version: 19.0.1084.56 m

Bug:
I try to go to any place in the World (Ex. Rally, Towns) and my character spins and sits randomly and it happened to my friend she just didn't report it. I haven't giving anyone my password and it's on my home computer and know one can get it.

Reproduction:
1) Go to Rally/Town
2)Chose a place to go.
3) When I appear my avi. sits and stands up and spins a lot.
* Even when I move
4) Leave and come back to a different place same thing

Result:
I don't know what to do, and I really hope no one is hacking me. No matter where i go it happens.
Notes:
This glitch is weird and the 4th time I have seen it. Hopefully someone has a answer.

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
ninja V-chan
PROFILE SAVING ISSUE

Computer Specs: WindowsXP SP3 (Version 5.1)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

Bug: I can not save my profile after editing it.
I have tried several different computers, and they all failed! After editing my profile I click save and this message box shows up (the text in the box):

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

Hey! you modified your profile with out saving it.
Do you really want to leave with out saving?

Press OK to continue, or cancel to stay on the current page.

Reproduction:
1. Go to http://www.gaiaonline.com/
2. Log in
3. Click on My Gaia
4. Click profile in the top right corner
5. Click Edit My Profile Layout
6. Edit profile to my liking
7. Click save
8. Message Box appers with text from above

Result: This has been like this for about 2 1/2 to 1 year(s)!
I would very much appreciate it if this could be fixed for me!

Thank You for taking your time to read this report!!!

Hi there,

I have not been able to reproduce this problem. This message usually appears when the "Save" button is not clicked. Could you please be more specific about how you may have edited your profile (specific combination )? I'll be able to help you better that way.

Thanks,

nnair

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas