Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cash and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Dapper Elder

9,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Short description of the problem:
cat_eek and cat_aie are the same, the shocked cat emoticon is gone!? cat_surprised

Browser: All
Operation system: All

Step 1- Log onto www.gaianline.com

Step 2- Go to make a post.

Step 3- Go to the drop down menu for emoticons and switch to, "Cats."

Step 4- Click the cat emoticon of a cat's eyes bulging.

Step 5- Submit or preview the post.

Supposed to Result:
An eye-bulging, shocked cat emoticon.

Actual result:
A cat emoticon that is surprised but only has its mouth open, the cat_aie emoticon.

Singing

10,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Browser: Google Chrome
Version: 19.4.1084.52
Brief description of the problem:

My aquarium is inaccessible from the Aquarium page (http://www.gaiaonline.com/aquarium/)

Steps to reproduce:

Logged out of Gaia,
cleared browser cache,
closed down and restarted browser,
logged in again,
opened Aquarium page.
Still nothing.

This has been going on for over a WEEK!!!! There is NOTHING except a black space where my Aquarium should be, I'm losing the daily Overseer bonuses and my fish are probably dead from starvation by now.

Fashionable Conversationalist

Browser: Firefox
Operation system: Macbook

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2- Go to any forum. (Seriously it doesn't matter at all which forum)

Step 3- Type/read a post containing emotes.

Suppose to Result: You read the post with emotes animating emotions/actions.

Act result: Instead of emotes, the names of the said emotes are in their place, bolded and a few sizes bigger. I have logged in and out several times, and this is still happening.

Ex: cheese_whine instead of cheese_whine
I've said this before and I'm saying this again, don't change the Meebo Bar until you can log off it and log back on without a Meebo Account. Please bring the old Meebo Bar back so users can refresh their Meebo Bar without having to log off their internet. Thank you.
Amber Lovell
I've said this before and I'm saying this again, don't change the Meebo Bar until you can log off it and log back on without a Meebo Account. Please bring the old Meebo Bar back so users can refresh their Meebo Bar without having to log off their internet. Thank you.

Please, if you're gonna do anything with the Meebo Bar, put it on Flash Spaces.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

6,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
when i play aomg i dont get ANY gold AT ALL. why is that happening? and how can i fix it or get it fixed?

Singing

10,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gigi Deveraux

My aquarium is inaccessible from the Aquarium page (http://www.gaiaonline.com/aquarium/)

Steps to reproduce:

Logged out of Gaia,
cleared browser cache,
logged in again,
opened Aquarium page.
Still nothing.

This has been going on for over a WEEK!!!! There is NOTHING except a black space where my Aquarium should be, I'm losing the daily Overseer bonuses and my fish are probably dead from starvation by now.

TWO WEEKS OF THIS! I just checked my inventory and found two more fish drops! They're dying of hunger in there!

Amber Lovell

Ditto. I logged off of Meebo because i didn't feel like chatting and now i can't log back in!
Gigi Deveraux
Gigi Deveraux

Steps to reproduce:

Logged out of Gaia,
cleared browser cache,
logged in again,
opened Aquarium page.
Still nothing.

TWO WEEKS OF THIS! I just checked my inventory and found two more fish drops! They're dying of hunger in there!

Amber Lovell

Ditto. I logged off of Meebo because i didn't feel like chatting and now i can't log back in!

I talked to the one who updated Meebo and he said he is working on it, why couldn't he work on it without forcing us to suffer in the meantime,
Version: 19.0.1084.56
Glitch in Towns and Zomg

1. logged into www.gaiaonline.com
2. Entered Towns
3. Selected any Topic
4. Entered any Topic

Supposed Action:
Talk and Wonder around towns

Action:
Towns recently started to freeze on me. I would be any certain topic, (all topics have this problem) and a few minutes into being in the towns, It would freeze everything but the ability to move my character around. Also I have noticed that on when putting on certain items, hairstyles, and eyes, my character it's self would glitch. It would disappear and reappear and look like it was spinning very quickly. I have also noticed, when in towns, other avatars would do the same thing.

1. logged into www.gaiaonline.com
2. clicked on Zomg
3. Select Buzz Saw server
4. Was in Null Chamber upon entering Game

Supposed Action:
Playing Zomg

Action:
I would move around the Null Chamber and it would jump be back to the point I was in when I entered game. Also Trixie, the guard that is in the null chamber was not there upon entering the game. I have also noted that when in the null chamber and using orbs, the icon for how many orbs I had would change to a rather large number.
not sure what to do i cant see my avitar its just a grey blob and in towns just a shadow
i am running vista and firefox
drachen_krieger
not sure what to do i cant see my avitar its just a grey blob and in towns just a shadow
i am running vista and firefox

I cannot see it either.
its been a couple of years since i was active maybe that has something to do with it

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
A couple of weeks ago I did a sponsored offer 1000+ gaia cash. It said to make an account on some game site (which I did), then said to make a purchase of, nothing less than $0.99. I purchased some orb things for $2.00 exactly. I still haven't gotten my gaia cash. I was wondering what was up with that? I'm pretty mad about it. Someone help me? smile

Hi, Could please contact customer service.

Thanks
selvinivi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff