3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cache and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Durem Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
i have a total of 5008 points in the rejected olympics but it wont grant me the champion achievement so fix the error.

Dapper Humorist

Achievements Glitch
(Hygienic and Mark Twain)

Browser: FF 14.0.1
Operating System: Windows 7
Other: Running the latest versions of Java and Flash (I just checked)

Issue 1: The Hygienic Achievement is not working. Multiple users I have talked to have the same problem. Upon changing outfits on the second day, the achievement should be granted. But for some reason it doesn't. These are the methods others have tried. None of them have worked so far.

Method: Log out and Log back in.
Method: Log out, restart browser, log back in.
Method: Continue changing clothes every day until the achievement is granted.
Method: Wait a full 24 hours before changing clothes again.
Method: Skip a day, don't change the avatar, then attempt changing clothes for two days again.

I myself have tried the first 3 methods. No one has found a way to make the achievement work again.

--------------------------------

Issue 2: I ran a Megathread/Mark Twain thread here just a few hours ago. I was quoted over 150 times, but the Mark Twain achievement did not trigger. I have not found any threads describing this problem in the past.

I have tried different posts being quoted and being quoted in different places, but to no avail.

However, since the Hygienic achievement seems to be affecting more people, please look into that one first.

Thank you for your time.
Free Orb Doubler, Revive, Supercharger, Ghi Amp Glitch

I just bought a Revive and put it back on the MP, when I did this in zOMG, I still have the Revives. I was curious and used a Revive then refreshed the MP and the revive was still on the MP. I just wanted to let you know, this is not a problem but I must be honest.

1: Buy or have a one of the items listed above in the MP being sold.

2: Remove the item from the MP. (if you have it listed)

3: Go to zOMG and wait for it to load.

4: Once it loads, put it back on the MP.

5: Use it on zOMG till it drains to 0.

6: Remove it from the MP. (again if done it already)

Original Sweetheart

8,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Clothing Malfunction
(items in inventory loading oddly or not at all)

Issue 1: Having problems with clothing items in my inventory appearing in the right place on my avatar. Skull biker black gloves show up in inventory but not in avatar accessories and now aren't even showing up when I visit D.Depot at all. Tan single loop tied belt appears under all the other clothes like underwear not above them like, well, a belt. And, possibly intentionally meant to be this way, but it makes it hard to cosplay my avatar accurately so I'll mention it in case not, Audrey's black long gloves won't layer under burned apocaripped work gloves.

Method: Equip gloves in inventory list but they vanish when taken to the avatar accessories section.
Method: Try off and on over the course of a week.
Method: trade gloves to friend. Friend can equip on avatar. Friend also finds them for sale at D. Depot. Friend trades gloves back. Still not showing up in accessories, just inventory. Still not seeing gloves when I check out D. Depot. (should be noted friend was using my computer at the time so all the settings, etc. were exactly the same)

Method (2): same first methods for belt but still appearing under the various clothes I try it on with avatar as well as when I try it on at D.Depot. Gloves not layering are rinse and repeat as well.

Minor inconveniences and not a big deal but still a little annoying. I figure if I don't mention them then no one will know to fix them. Thanks in advance!

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Thanks for reporting this issue.
Our devs will look into it.

nnair
heavens tifa lockheart
Clothing Malfunction
(items in inventory loading oddly or not at all)

Issue 1: Having problems with clothing items in my inventory appearing in the right place on my avatar. Skull biker black gloves show up in inventory but not in avatar accessories and now aren't even showing up when I visit D.Depot at all. Tan single loop tied belt appears under all the other clothes like underwear not above them like, well, a belt. And, possibly intentionally meant to be this way, but it makes it hard to cosplay my avatar accurately so I'll mention it in case not, Audrey's black long gloves won't layer under burned apocaripped work gloves.

Method: Equip gloves in inventory list but they vanish when taken to the avatar accessories section.
Method: Try off and on over the course of a week.
Method: trade gloves to friend. Friend can equip on avatar. Friend also finds them for sale at D. Depot. Friend trades gloves back. Still not showing up in accessories, just inventory. Still not seeing gloves when I check out D. Depot. (should be noted friend was using my computer at the time so all the settings, etc. were exactly the same)

Method (2): same first methods for belt but still appearing under the various clothes I try it on with avatar as well as when I try it on at D.Depot. Gloves not layering are rinse and repeat as well.

Minor inconveniences and not a big deal but still a little annoying. I figure if I don't mention them then no one will know to fix them. Thanks in advance!
I'm playing the rejected Olympics and I have almost 4,000 points.
But my Event Score has stayed 79 for the past two days.
I don't understand. >..<

Dapper Elder

9,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Wearing the Draco Ladon armor has girls running around with one entire side of their chest fully exposed.

Also, I reported this a month or six ago but the cat_eek and cat_aie emoticons are still the same.
cat_surprised cat_surprised
Rally Glitch

Complaints are coming in saying the 2 minute and 30 minute hang out in Rally Acievements are not working properly and many are stuck on this issue. Is this glitch unfixable?

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
Our devs will look into it.

nnair

Yuki Shimizu
Free Orb Doubler, Revive, Supercharger, Ghi Amp Glitch

I just bought a Revive and put it back on the MP, when I did this in zOMG, I still have the Revives. I was curious and used a Revive then refreshed the MP and the revive was still on the MP. I just wanted to let you know, this is not a problem but I must be honest.

1: Buy or have a one of the items listed above in the MP being sold.

2: Remove the item from the MP. (if you have it listed)

3: Go to zOMG and wait for it to load.

4: Once it loads, put it back on the MP.

5: Use it on zOMG till it drains to 0.

6: Remove it from the MP. (again if done it already)

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting.
We'll look into the issue.

nnair

The Captain Britain
Achievements Glitch
(Hygienic and Mark Twain)

Other: Running the latest versions of Java and Flash (I just checked)

Issue 1: The Hygienic Achievement is not working. Multiple users I have talked to have the same problem. Upon changing outfits on the second day, the achievement should be granted. But for some reason it doesn't. These are the methods others have tried. None of them have worked so far.

Method: Continue changing clothes every day until the achievement is granted.
Method: Wait a full 24 hours before changing clothes again.
Method: Skip a day, don't change the avatar, then attempt changing clothes for two days again.

I myself have tried the first 3 methods. No one has found a way to make the achievement work again.

--------------------------------

Issue 2: I ran a Megathread/Mark Twain thread here just a few hours ago. I was quoted over 150 times, but the Mark Twain achievement did not trigger. I have not found any threads describing this problem in the past.

I have tried different posts being quoted and being quoted in different places, but to no avail.

However, since the Hygienic achievement seems to be affecting more people, please look into that one first.

Thank you for your time.

Hilarious Smoker

5,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
ive bidded on bid blast and it reached 00.00.00 like 5 times but because of bugs it kept going back to 00.00.05 or 00.00.30 and one time it said congrats blabla auction has ended,you've won this auction! and nothing happend its bugged and when i went on another page i went to see bidblast and it didnt end now its still continuing and i have nothing. iv'e won no? sad i'm so sad.

I filmed it and i have a video and photos to show you. thanks alot. please tell me and il send you the video and photos.

Beloved Friend

3,200 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Hi there,

Please send in your screenshots and videos.

Thanks,
nnair

II T a s t y II
ive bidded on bid blast and it reached 00.00.00 like 5 times but because of bugs it kept going back to 00.00.05 or 00.00.30 and one time it said congrats blabla auction has ended,you've won this auction! and nothing happend its bugged and when i went on another page i went to see bidblast and it didnt end now its still continuing and i have nothing. iv'e won no? sad i'm so sad.

I filmed it and i have a video and photos to show you. thanks alot. please tell me and il send you the video and photos.

Hilarious Smoker

5,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
nnair
Hi there,

Please send in your screenshots and videos.

Thanks,
nnair

II T a s t y II

sure thing il load them in my computer because i took them with my cell phone and il put them up here soon. I can't put them up right now because i need to leave (work) but i'l put them as soon as i can. thanks alot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff