Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cache and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.
I am making a special request, there is a Bug in Towns2 that carries on from the Olympics that I named Sit @ Slide, please DO NOT fix this Glitch, it's way to fun to fix it, and makes Towns2 a lot more fun. Thx

Dangerous Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Computer Specs:
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Google Chrome 21.0.1180.57

Bug:
When wearing a non-human skin, in my case dark elf, you lose your skin when you change your avatar in dress-up and save the avatar.

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Make sure you are wearing a non-human skin, like dark elf or vampire
5) Go to Dress Up/Avatar
6) Change what the avatar is wearing.
7) Save the Avatar

Result:
Avatar will now be human, and no potion has been taken or used.

Notes:
This has happened to multiple users, as I saw in the Bug Report/Technical Forum (there is a thread there). This is happening to both dark elves and vampires (that i know of based on my own experience and the thread). I have had my dark elf skin since the original release of the skin through an event.

Hi, I'm not able to reproduce it, Please send screenshots if any.

Thanks
selvinivi

Handsome Loverboy

10,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
Short description of the problem: In zOMG!. Within the 'Normal' level of general Mayhem's Quarters, it just freezes. Nothing moves, when the Gnomes are supposed to still be coming in. It /has/ happened to others. :/

Browser: Firefox
Operation system: Windows

Step 2- Log onto zOMG!

Step 3- Play a bit

Step 4- Get bored, and go fight General Mayhem for the fun of it.

Step 5- Go on Normal.

Step 6- Fight some Garden Gnomes

Step 7- And now, nothing. The General sits there, and we can't attack him.

Suppose to Result: Slight bug/error. I can only play Easy on my own. :/

Note: I have been in multiple crews which have had the same problem :/ If you could get this fixed.. <3

Soldier

9,200 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
Our devs will look into it.
In the meantime, my suggestion is that you could try going to World-->Towns and shake trees/chase bugs. Let me know if that works for you.

nnair

gonk Stuck between a rock and... gonk

Browser: Firefox/Mozilla
Version: FF 14.0.1

when I exit my house my avatar seem to be permanently attached to the rock outside by his toes. I can't move him in any direction. Just him standing behind the rock, looking good. Still, looking good doesn't pay the bills and besides, it would be nice to go shake some trees or chase bugs or something every once in a while.

steps to reproduce: this has been a permanent problem since I opened the account with me visiting and exiting my house randomly for weeks now with no change in my avatar's fixation with standing in the same spot despite my best efforts.

help me lose the cement boots, G Support. You're my only hope!

Soldier

9,200 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Monarch of Spades
Short description of the problem: In zOMG!. Within the 'Normal' level of general Mayhem's Quarters, it just freezes. Nothing moves, when the Gnomes are supposed to still be coming in. It /has/ happened to others. :/

Browser: Firefox
Operation system: Windows

Step 2- Log onto zOMG!

Step 3- Play a bit

Step 4- Get bored, and go fight General Mayhem for the fun of it.

Step 5- Go on Normal.

Step 6- Fight some Garden Gnomes

Step 7- And now, nothing. The General sits there, and we can't attack him.

Suppose to Result: Slight bug/error. I can only play Easy on my own. :/

Note: I have been in multiple crews which have had the same problem :/ If you could get this fixed.. <3

seconding this problem report.

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
can some one fix the bug for me i think its just my account or something but i cant get into towns it loads all the way up till i join and it freezes and the towns 2 i cant even get that to load....
A really bad lagging glitch in zOMG is grid locking everyone in certain areas for a long period of time. I am only able to respond every 40 second for about 10-15 seconds. Every seems to have the same issue and the Animated freeze along with us. It's like time has frozen. I'm even getting thrown out of zOMG often.
Heads Up!

The last 5 bug reports are exactly due to the same problem I'm experiencing. The new game that is in Beta Testing is the cause, site developers from my Intel are withdrawing from all the other Flash Spaces and are being focused on the new Game, there are minimal developers working on fixing these glitches until HOC is finished.

We apologize for the wait.
I'm experiencing a problem in Prize and Joy, whenever I tr to buy tokens. This error has been occuring for some days now, about 4~6 days.

I've tested on Google Chrome and Firefox, both up to date.

The bug is as follow: every time I go to Prize and Joy to but more tokens, there's two "Buy Tokens" links, one opening a script window with "Undefined" as title and item. The second link, that should send me to another screen, where I could choose going to Slots, Cards, or buying more tokens, which is what I want do to, sends me to the Shop's Directory.

I know you guys are focusing on HoC, but could someone please take a look at this?

Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for reporting, our devs are working on it.

selvinivi
Uzuking
I'm experiencing a problem in Prize and Joy, whenever I tr to buy tokens. This error has been occuring for some days now, about 4~6 days.

I've tested on Google Chrome and Firefox, both up to date.

The bug is as follow: every time I go to Prize and Joy to but more tokens, there's two "Buy Tokens" links, one opening a script window with "Undefined" as title and item. The second link, that should send me to another screen, where I could choose going to Slots, Cards, or buying more tokens, which is what I want do to, sends me to the Shop's Directory.

I know you guys are focusing on HoC, but could someone please take a look at this?

Thanks.

Seconding this, also if you go through the world map to the Isle de Gambino and then click in gold mountain, it just brings you to the shop's page as well. I also noticed beyond 'undefined' coming up in the buy box when you try to buy from the prize and joy shop, the picture of the token wont load nor will the box to input the amount of tokens you want.

I'm on a mac OS, tested this in chrome, firefox, and safari.

It would be great to have this fixed, as buying through the market place leads to tokens at way to inflated prices.

Hi, Thanks for reporting, our devs are working on it.
selvinivi

Friendly Lover

8,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
. /// . Meer. This is my first bug report ever, but um, meh, well. I bought some art from a friend and completed a trade with her with which there were no problems save that Gaia kept telling me I still had a trade. I let it be for a few days thinking it would go away, but it didn't. It got very troublesome having to constantly see that, so I clicked the notification and rejected the Trade. It went away, which was nice, but it also gave me back the 70,000 gold I gave to my friend. I checked with my friend and she said she still has all the money I sent. I feel dishonest for having re-obtained that 70,000 gold. I honestly don't make much money on Gaia, which is why I pride myself on earning what I do have. I haven't tried recreating the event, but the computer I was on when the glitch occurred was a Windows 7 PC with all the most recent Flash, IE, and Adobe versions / updates. Besides the glitch I'd like to ask if there's some place I can donate this ill-gotten gold so that I'll be feel morally satisfied? A million pardons if this report isn’t the best. ><;

Hot Illuminator

20,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Short description of the problem: Whenever I try to open my aquarium it loads everything that should be on the page except the tank itself is greyed out and there is an error box that reads: "It appears as if there was a problem updating your tank. Perhaps you are logged out? Try refreshing the page and log back in." This has been going on for over two years. I have tried on multiple browsers on multiple computers but each time I get the same error. The tanks on my mules work fine on all computers/browsers I've tried them on.

Browser: Mozilla 5.0, Chrome 21.0.1180.75, Opera, Safari
Operation system: Windows 7, Macintosh OS X Leopard

Step 2- Log in as Jace Quin.

Step 3- Go to 'my aquarium'.

Step 4- View error message.

Suppose to Result: Opening of the tank and ability to add/change items, receive reward from overseer, feed fish, change tank settings, etc.

Act result: Cannot interact with tank in any way.

Business Browser

3,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Can you reproduce the problem?
Yes, repeatedly

Short description of the problem: Facebook login does not work.

Browser: FF 12.0
Operation system: XP Pro SP3

Step 2- Click any of the F icons and it will redirect you to this page http://www.gaiaonline.com/fbconnect?_gaia_t_=3560

Step 3- Clicking the "login" button produces a new tab/window depending on settings. http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae55/Jaxinc/gaiafbfail.jpg However this window opens for less than a second and then closes, does this every time.

Step 4- Try again?

Suppose to Result: In bringing up the permissions screen for FB to allow gaia to connect to my FB account, but alas it does not.

Act result: Instant popup window that closes before anything happens.

Additional... I have done this on three different computers, on three different networks, and all with different settings and browser versions. I also have tried disabling all plugins/extensions and still results in the same problem.

To insure that this was a site only problem I've gone to several other sites, web forums and photobucket where they have facebook integration and all work perfectly.

Business Browser

3,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
Short description of the problem: Adding a cell phone for alerts is not sending the confirmation code.

Browser: FF 12.0
Operation system: XP Pro SP3

Step 2- Go to account, go to alerts.

Step 3- Click 'add mobile phone number'

Step 4- Enter number and hit next....

Suppose to Result: In sending me a text with a confirmation code.

Act result: No texts received.

Seems pointless to click resend code since I tried multiple times and 24 hours later still have no text. Yes I entered my own number correctly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff