Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cash and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

9,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Magooalou had mentioned to me before that her wishlist had been deleted. Today I tried to delete a few items and it deleted my entire wishlist. I have not seen anything mentioned anywhere if this is a known bug or not....

Fluffy Bunny

18,600 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
When we do a 100GC or more offer, there's an error in the private message we receive:
"Check your inventory for a new bonus item granted with offers worth 100 Gaia Cash or more: the Peacock Feather Fan (note: limit of one per customer). "

I can't remember if there was an announcement for it, but the current item is the "Patched Scarf".

I double checked my inventory and the right item ( ie. "Patched Scarf" ) is there, so it looks like there's only an error in the PM.

Also, let me know if there was another place I should have left that message instead of here sweatdrop
Reg: I am, issues

Now I know that you're thinking that I should bring this up in the item report glitch forum, I think they've done about all they can, it's an issue with the movement. With every I am I've used, when you move certain directions, it doesn't read it right and instead does this.

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii532/Amber-Kainz/?action=view&current=Viewingglitch.jpg

Please can you fix this issue, thank you.

Let me know if you need more info.
Browser: Firefox
Version: 12.0
Brief description of the problem:

I keep getting Notices in My Gaia for Moga Announcements. As far as I can tell, I'm not subscribed to the forum, nor to [NPC] Nova, and I can't find anything in the Notices settings that would prevent this from happening.
I do not play Monster Galaxy, nor would I ever want to, therefore, I'd really like it if I didn't have to keep getting these annoying announcements.

Moonlight Phantom

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Destructive Zealot

16,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Browser: FireFox 12.0
Operation system: Windows Vista Home

My inventory arranger is truncated where you can't see or interact with the bottom two or three rows. Whenever I move groups of items the list won't scroll down. It will still scroll up, however.

Step 2-Go to my inventory

Step 3-Select Organize inventory

Act result: The Arranger loads but it cuts off in line with the edge of the background
The bug:
I noticed that when I tried to equip both the (ears) from White Neko Cosplay and the (blue bird) from Princess Harmony in the dressing room, the furthest back ear would disappear.

This was done using using the search "all Gaia" feature in the dressing room as I do not have millions upon millions to buy Princess Harmony, but I would want to in the future. I do not know if the bug persists if you actually own the item.

Browser: Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m AND Firefox 12.0
Flash: 11.2.202.235

Thanks! whee

Lonely Bear

14,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
The bug-Green pixels appear behind ankles when equipping Checkmate and Checkmate Void Black Knight's advance and Reve Rouille cavalier's spurs together.It does not show up when initially putting items on, but appears after you save the outfit.

Browser:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0 (Beta)
Operation system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

Step 2-Go to Dress Up

Step 3-Equip Checkmate Black Knight's Advance

Step 4-Equip Reve Rouille Cavalier's Spurs

Step 5-Save outfit

Suppose to Result:Regular combination of items with no green pixels.
Act result:Green pixels behind anklets when combination of items are used together.

Notes: I redid this multiple times to make sure and tried it with a few other leg items that alter the base of the avatar. Apparently this is a prevalent issue with multiple items and not just limited to the Checkmate items.

Dapper Dabbler

There seems to be a problem with my Wishlist. I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else or not. If I try to update or delete anything from it, the entire Wishlist disappears.

Firefox 12.0
Lifebook

Wishlist

Bug - Making any change to the Wishlist deletes the entire thing.

Step 1 - Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2 - Go to My Gaia

Step 3 - Go to the Account arrow down and click on Wishlist

Step 4 - Change anything (including deleting anything, or changing its status)

Result - The entire Wishlist disappears.

Notes - I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else. This is happened 3 different times with me within the last month when I had tried to change my Wishlist. I've redone the list twice and this last time all I was trying to do was change the status. I guess the problem is the saving after all the changes are made. I don't quite know. I hope this is enough to help. Thank you.

Quotable Gekko

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Operation System: Windows 7

I have had at least two or more items go missing from my inventory today

Step 1: Log into Gaia

Step 2: Go to my inventory

Step 3: Go to my items

Supposed Result:See missing items there

Act Result: I tried this a couple of times but my items were still missing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items