3,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Voter 0
How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cash and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Mega Nerd

Bug: My aquarium is reporting total gold earned incorrectly. During a glow, the incorrect number is changed as players play, but after the glow is over and I receive the notice of my next glow time, the total amount reported as earned on my aquarium is reset to the original number.

PLEASE NOTE: this is a reporting problem only. I have not received any of the incorrectly reported gold.

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.8
Flash Version: 10,3,183,7
Browser: Firefox 3.66.22 (for mac)

Step 1: Check aquarium gold earned before glow. Click on the gold button on the aquarium. Note the amount reported as being earned: 2,147,483,647

Link to Screencap

Step 2: Check aquarium gold earned immediately after tank has completed glowing. Note the amount as being earned: 2,147,490,045

Link to Screencap

Step 3: Check aquarium gold earned immediately after receiving Notice of next glow time. Note the amount has reverted to the amount reported in Step 1 (SEE SECOND ETA FOR BETTER TIME DATA):

Link to Screencap

For reference, my own spreadsheets put the correct actual tank earnings over its lifetime as somewhere around 45444988.

The amount earned during each game of Booty Grab that I have attended has indeed been within reason for the number and type of fish glowing and the number of people who played the game.

I believe this has a very high probability of being somehow related to the Booty Grab glitch that was found and resolved Sunday night through this afternoon, but again, this is a reporting problem only.

ETA 9/20/11: The amount reported earned in my nightly PM from Mirai/Barrett appears to be correct and reflect actual real tank income. However, the tank itself is still reporting the same erronous number which is still resetting at the same time I receive my Notice of my next glow time. If you need any further numbers, screencaps, etc., please advise.

ETA: After further data gathering, the erroneous reported earnings do NOT reset when the next glow notice is sent out, but at 5 minutes after the glow ends. This has been a consistent figure across glows (when I've been present to gather data). I hope this helps you track down this data error.
Short description of the problem: Silent NPC Remo in zOMG

Browser: Firefox 6.0.2
Operation system: Windows 7 Ult s1

Step 2- Open game zOMG

Step 3- walk to flagged NPC (Remo) in Village Greens

Step 4- Speak to NPC Remo

Suppose to Result: Complete quest for badge, get choice of ring for reward

Act result: Remo does not speak, badge cannot be earned, ring is not awarded, flag will not go away.

Further data:
This is an error in the game zOMG. A longstanding one.

original bug thread (I think, there may have been one earlier, my first report has since been lost) http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-bugs/zomg-silent-remo/t.49320613/ posted Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:42 pm, original copy of this help request http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/reporting-bugs/bug-reports-for-the-week-of-aug-22-aug-29/t.74214751_27/#27

I was forwarded here by Jasper as a result of help ticket 5630-10058848 (created 11/14/2010 11:21 AM PDT). I have since been informed that posting here is the "best solution" and received refusal to be assisted through the help ticket.

Three NPCs in zOMG are flagged as if part of a quest, two do not speak (Remo in village greens and Albert in Bill's Ranch), one only gives idle chatter (William at the south gate of Barton Town).

Beyond not getting a badge or ring that would have been handy two and a half years ago the flags drive my OCD nuts.

Mega Hoarder

Gaia owes me two fish!

Step 2- I opened 9 strike packs which are supposed to contain 4 fish each. Two of them only had three fish. Screen caps shown in my post here:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-report-technical-support/missing-fish-from-strike-pack/t.74849011/?_gaia_t_=3934

Computer Specs:
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Original Noob

10,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
Windows Vista home edition
google chrome (newest one on 21st of september)

Bug:
sometimes when i buy stuff it does not appear in my inventory, the money is gone though.

Reproduction:
3) Go to the web page www.gaionline.com/shops
4) Go into a shop (doesn't matter witch one)
5) Buy something (doesn't matter how you pay)
6) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/mygaia
7) Click on inventory
cool Click on equip

Result:
Some clothes i bought aren't there, the money i would have too pay for it is gone

Notes:
I've bought stuff in different shops and with different kinds of payings (gold, cash, wings)
If i log out and log in again the items still don't appear

Hopefully you can help me with this problem and not let it happen again

7,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Short description of the problem: Unable to Click Items in Towns

Browser: Mozilla/5.0
Operation system: Windows 7

Step 2- Open Towns

Step 3- Select a

Step 4- Click on Flowers and Paper

Suppose to Result: You sucessfully pick up flowers and paper

Act result: Avatar Says !@#$ and is unable to pick up the flowers or paper

Further data:
I have been having this error for a week now, and after speaking to other people, I learned I am not the only one.

9,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
Browser: Firefox.
Bug: Cash tree opens blank window.

Whenever I click the little cash tree icon, a get a new window. The new window says "watch this video to get gaia cash", but there is no video that loads.

Playful Guildswoman

O/S - Windows XP
Flash - latest (10?)
Browser - Firefox 6.0.2

I tried to vote for two glitch repair proposals this morning, and both times this happened:

1) The cookie counter for 'liking' a thread did NOT change when I pushed the cookie, and

2) The cookie went dark, so I could not try to vote again.

I voted twice before and noticed the same problem, but I wanted to be sure. This time there was absolutely no doubt, and while it was only two in a row, I really do not want to use up all my votes. Could lag be causing this? It hasn't before.

These are the threads I voted for today:
Proposal: Fix the Glitches in Booty Grab
Proposal: Fix the Green Box Glitch on "I am" items

Voted for yesterday:
Proposal: A Questing Bank (sorta speak)

Didn't subscribe to the other one, so I can't give the name.

Playful Guildswoman

T o x i c F o r k s
Short description of the problem: Unable to Click Items in Towns

Browser: Mozilla/5.0

Step 2- Open Towns

Step 3- Select a

Step 4- Click on Flowers and Paper

Suppose to Result: You sucessfully pick up flowers and paper

Act result: Avatar Says !@#$ and is unable to pick up the flowers or paper

Further data:
I have been having this error for a week now, and after speaking to other people, I learned I am not the only one.

This is actually not an error, but it happens more frequently when there is heavy traffic in towns (or gathering of bugs/flowers/trash). It just means that what you're trying to pick up is very new and not yet ready for harvest. (My apologies to jseverin for answering this - I am just another user.)

11,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Spring Cleaning Cookie Glitch

Browser: Google Chrome

Step 2- Went to this thread.

Step 3- Clicked on the cookie icon to vote in the top left corner.

Step 4- Cookie icon turned dark but the counter did not change.

Suppose to Result: I'm guessing the cookie counter should have updated when I gave the thread a vote.

Act result: It didn't change. I refreshed the page and the counter had changed then but I don't know if that was because of my vote or someone else's.

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
Computer Specs:
Browser:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/6.0.2 SeaMonkey/2.3.3

Location: Customize Avatar (under 'Buy More Outfit Slots' sub window) in the fill-in box for the number of additional slots I want to buy.

Bug:
The fill in box refuses to take any number except '8' (which is exactly the number of outfit slots I'd have to purchase to equal the new total of 20 slots).

Reproduction:
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/avatar.
4) Click on 'Outfits' tab.
5) Click on 'Buy More' (at bottom right)
6) Opens up a new sub-window entitled 'Buy More Outfit Slots'
7) Click on fill in-box, and type in desired number of extra clothing slots.
8 ) Click 'Buy.'
9) Receive the number of extra clothing slots desired.

Result:
The fill-in box for the number of extra outfit slots I want to buy refuses to accept any number other than 8 (which happens to be the exact number of slots required to make a full 20 of them).

Notes:
I've tried multiple times on different accounts, and I get this glitch every time.
Engraved Gold Locket Glitch

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Operation System: Windows 7

Step 1 - Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2- Went To Inventory

Step 3- Clicked on Engraved Gold Locket

Step 4- Secret Message Did Not Appear

Suppose to Result: People have been telling me that whats the secret msg and i they tell me to click on it and i showed them this pic :Here My Screen Shot and they told me to report it since they think its a bug

Act Result:I try refreshing my browser and tried going on google , internet explorer and it didnt work still

Tiny Exhibitionist

18,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
x-Kenna-Bear-x
Spring Cleaning Cookie Glitch

Browser: Google Chrome

Step 2- Went to this thread.

Step 3- Clicked on the cookie icon to vote in the top left corner.

Step 4- Cookie icon turned dark but the counter did not change.

Suppose to Result: I'm guessing the cookie counter should have updated when I gave the thread a vote.

Act result: It didn't change. I refreshed the page and the counter had changed then but I don't know if that was because of my vote or someone else's.

3,122 votes

Proposal: Hire/Transfer a Flash Developer for zOMG!

cookie button is stuck and will not take my vote

this happen the very first time i voted when this thread first opened, i don't even know if my first vote was counted.
os vista
browser google chrome

Wheezing Codger

This is not a bug, but a simple typo.

I visited the shops and spoke to Cresento at The Bifrost this morning. He said "
I'm sure you posses many endearing qualities, but I'm afraid they're lost on me." By the context of the statement, I assume he meant to say 'possess' as in to belong to one; have as property or to own, not 'posses' meaning multiple groups of people summoned by a sheriff to aid in law enforcement.

There's always a chance that I am wrong and I sincerely apologize for bringing it up if this is the case, but something tells me this was a simple slip of a finger from a keyboard that made Cresento sound like an idiot. ^.^

4,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Member 100
Browser: Firefox/6.0.2

Bug: Key box glitch.

I have a key but when I click the secret key box it wont let me use the key. It only says no thanks and it dosnt have the pictures of what you can win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff