Welcome to Gaia! ::

How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cash and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.

Dedicated Heckler

Browser: Firefox 9.0.1 (Or any browser, issue is as old as notices themselves)
Brief description of the problem: This account (946829) does not receive tip notifications

Steps to reproduce:

1) Go to "My Gaia Notifications Settings" page here.
2) Make sure that the box for "Tip for forum post" is checked.
3) Click "Save All Changes" button.
4) Have a post on the account that has done 1-3 tipped by another user.

Expected Result: Notice bubble in the Gaia header next to avatar stating that the account has 1 New Notice. Link should lead to My Gaia page, where a new message in the feed would read something like "User has tipped your post in Thread Name", which would link to said post, much like the quote notification.

Actual Result: No notification is given, and hasn't been given since the notices were pushed live.

Other Notes: I've cleared cache, cookies, logged in and out multiple times after saving settings. The hard drive that I'm currently using isn't even the same as the one I first had when Notices were released. The notices simply do not trigger. Quote Notifications, Journal Comment Notifications, Item sold in Marketplace Notifications and Profile Comment Notifications all work for this account; it just seems to be Tip Notifications that do not work. I have tried deactivating this particular notice, saving, and reactivating it, but that has had no effect.

In case it is relevant, I have the Booty Grab Glow Indicator, PowerUser Menus, Color Switcher, and Async Notifications Labs activated. Account number 1199530 is also affected by this bug, but only has the first 3 Labs activated.

I can't reproduce this issue on FF9, but will forward this issue to our developers.

Thanks
selvinivi

Our developers are working on it.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-report-technical-support/my-gaia-notices-notification-failure-8mths-still-waiting/t.70864587_189/#189

Familiar Lunatic

Short description of the problem: when attempting to equip Yuki Otoko in the 'sash and sleeves pose' and save my avatar I get a "General Error Something went wrong. We couldn't build your avatar. Please try again." I've tried it on multiple browsers but it's always the same. It will save my avatar for any other pose on the item and for any other item in my invo, just not Yuki Otoko in the 'sash and sleeves' pose.

Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
Operation system: Windows 7

Step 2- click on my avatar to get to customize avatar page

Step 3- equip Yuki Otoko in the 'sleeves and sash' pose

Step 4- click the save button

Suppose to Result: avatar saves and my avi has the item on it

Act result: go to page saying "General Error Something went wrong. We couldn't build your avatar. Please try again." and no change to my avi...

it's working now. it wasn't when I left this morning though.

Quotable Seeker

Computer Specs:
Asus Laptop with Internet Explorer 9.

Character is acting glitchy in any world server bug.

1.Log in at gaiaonline.com
2.Go to world.
3.Went to rally, virtual hollywood, etc.
4.Let it load.
5.Moved around and the character sat, spun, diasapeared and reappeared, (repeatedly)

Result: A Glitchy Character and probably confused bystanders.
Computer specs:

Browser: Firefox 9.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1)

Location: Old style footer, particularly the quick links button

Bug: When using the latest version of firefox (9.0.1) the old style of footer becomes unresponsive, specifically I cannot open the quick links or friends menus.

Steps to reproduce: 1. Make sure you are using the very latest version of firefox.

2. Go to account settings and select old style from the footer section.

3. Save settings and attempt to use quick links or friend buttons.

Result: Nothing happens; the menus will not expand

Other information: When I click on the small + icon beside the quick links and then select cancel (when it offers the small menu for adding quick links in) I can then access my quick links, but it is very annoying to have to do this every time. I have tried logging in and out a few times, I have tried changing my settings to the new footer or no footer and changing them back and nothing works. I am not the only person experiencing this issue, there are pages dedicated to it in the general bug and questions forum. Also while using my iphone (whose browser is safari) the footer works completely fine. Please help! Thanks

Hi, I can click on Quicklinks, add and delete but friends button doesn't work. Thanks for reporting, I'll forward this to our developers.

Sometimes, Quicklink takes longer time to load. If you see the the problem again, could please send a screenshot.

Thanks

Selvi

Our developers are working on it. Please see the link for more details.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-report-technical-support/quicklinks-not-working/t.77082623_11/#11

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Computer Crash While Chatting on Meebo

Short description of the problem:
I was chatting with my friend and suddenly my computer crashed. When I logged back on Gaia he was erased from my friends list and meebo. I added him back, but I can't find him on my Meebo. Friends username: Akai Aryeroth

Browser:Firefox 9.0.1(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1)
Operation system:Windows XP

Bug: While using Firefox 9.0.1 my computer crashed and deleted my friend from my friend list automatically
Steps to reproduce:
Step 1- Computer Crashed while chatting

Step 2- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com.

Step 3- Friend no longer in Friends List or Meebo.

Step 4- Added my friend back through Friend Request.

Step 5- Still couldn't contact him on Meebo.

Step 6- Logged out to reset.

Step 7- Tried Meebo again, but couldn't contact him still.

Suppose to Result: Friend should have shown up on my Meebo and I should be able to communicate via Meebo.

Result: Friend disappeared from Meebo. Typed in his full name and still didn't appear.

Other Info: Still able to send PM's and requests. Thank you for your help!

Thanks for reporting, tried to add friends it doesn't show up in chat box. But I'm not able to reproduce the crash problem..I tried to chat and it worked fine. We opened a bug for friends not added to chat and our developers will look into it.

selvinivi

selvinivi
Talith
Computer specs:

Browser: Firefox 9.0.1 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1)

Location: Old style footer, particularly the quick links button

Bug: When using the latest version of firefox (9.0.1) the old style of footer becomes unresponsive, specifically I cannot open the quick links or friends menus.

Steps to reproduce: 1. Make sure you are using the very latest version of firefox.

2. Go to account settings and select old style from the footer section.

3. Save settings and attempt to use quick links or friend buttons.

Result: Nothing happens; the menus will not expand

Other information: When I click on the small + icon beside the quick links and then select cancel (when it offers the small menu for adding quick links in) I can then access my quick links, but it is very annoying to have to do this every time. I have tried logging in and out a few times, I have tried changing my settings to the new footer or no footer and changing them back and nothing works. I am not the only person experiencing this issue, there are pages dedicated to it in the general bug and questions forum. Also while using my iphone (whose browser is safari) the footer works completely fine. Please help! Thanks

Hi, I can click on Quicklinks, add and delete but friends button doesn't work. Thanks for reporting, I'll forward this to our developers.

Sometimes, Quicklink takes longer time to load. If you see the the problem again, could please send a screenshot.

Thanks

Selvi

Just to clarify, the add and delete button has been working for me as well, it's specifically the quick links menu which won't expand. I can take a screenshot if you'd like, but I'm not sure how it would help as my screen looks totally normal and it's just the quick links menu won't expand. Nevertheless, thank you for your help

I've forwarded this issue to our developers and they will look into it.

Thanks
selvinivi

Our developers are working on it. Please see the link for more details.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-report-technical-support/quicklinks-not-working/t.77082623_11/#11
My Silver Bells item isn't animated anymore. It has a hole in the side of the box yesterday, now it doesn't! It's supposed to be finished on the 20th! What's going on?

Tiny Kitten

8,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Silver Bells is no longer animationg since the SOPA blacout

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Operation system: Windows XP, Service Pack 3

Step 2- Go to the avatar dress up section

Step 3- Equip animated pose for Silver Bells

Step 4- Save the avatar

Suppose to Result: The box should still be moving or animating to which stage the evolution is at

Result: Not sure if the evolution has reset or if it is still at the stage.

10,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Avatar images are not displaying.

Computer specs:

Browser: Google Chrome 16.0.912.75 m

Bug: Each time i log in to Gaia, the image of my avatar does not display in the top header. In other words: my avatar has gone missing. I also noticed that avatars from other people also don't appear (specifically in the forums)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Go to Gaia online website

3. Login with username and password

4. Wait for the page to load

Result: The first thing i notice is a broken image (in place where the avatar has to be) and after the page has finished loading, it totally becomes blank

Other information: This started happening during the SOPA blackout yesterday. I have done the following to try to resolve this:

1. Logged out and logged back in
2. Emptied browser cache
3. Opened Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 11 in order to log into GAIA
4. Restarted my computer

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.

Here is a screenshot taken today:

User Image
Computer Specs:
Windows 7
Mozilla Firefox 9.0.1
Flash 11.1.102.55

Bug:
After using centaur potion, can no longer save avatar.

1) Bought centaur bay potion from Skin Tyte
2) Immediately went to inventory and used potion
3) Got error message saying that "the item was not found in my inventory." Potion subsequently disappeared from inventory.
4) Went to avatar equip screen where my avatar showed up, wearing all the items I originally had on, including being in centaur form.
5) Tried to equip different items, but doing so reverted the skin to normal, not centaur. Hitting "reset" brings back the centaur skin.
6) Save button does not allow me to click it when I have the centaur skin visible.
7) Saving the avatar with new items gives me a message saying "Data Validation Error: the item was not found in your inventory."

Therefore I am not a centaur, and I further cannot resave my avatar at all. I don't know what difference it makes, also, but this is a mule account.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I tried to do the same steps but was not able to reproduce it, works fine. Try to clear cache and see if you can see the centaur skin. If not please let us know.

Thanks
selvinivi
Greetings. I'm using Firefox 3.6.25, Windows Vista Home Premium. I don't think this is important, but I posted it just in case.

I clicked on the "cash tree" animated icon this morning, and viewed the 15 second eHarmony video that played. I clicked continue. I got 1 Gaia Cash. All well and good.

I then clicked the cash tree guy again, to try to load a different video. The page refreshed, and a popup saying "thanks for watching" popped up, and I got 1 more Gaia Cash. I repeated this 9 times to see if it was an error. I have 11 PM's in my inbox right now telling me of my received Gaia Cash. I am intentionally leaving this Gaia Cash alone so that I am not accused of exploiting a glitch.

Unless this was intentional, I think this needs to be fixed, as it can be exploited to bring tons of free Gaia Cash into peoples accounts. Imagine 1000 people getting 30 Gaia cash a minute, for half an hour. That's tons of revenue lost and more inflation of gold.

However, if this was intentional, then I guess I'm wasting your time. Have a nice day.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.25) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) SearchToolbar/1.2

Thanks for reporting. This is a known bug and our developers will look into it.

selvinivi

Thieving Rogue

12,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Chrome/16.0.912.75

Cash Tree Offers (1 Gaia Cash for every video watched)

Bug:
Video won't load

Reproduction:
3) Go to the web page http://www.gaiaonline.com/cashtree/
4) Wait for the page to load
5) Watch the video

Supposed to result: 1 Gaia Cash will be awarded after the end of the video

Actual Result: The video won't load.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Notes: I tried to watch the video on Mozilla/5.0 and it works just fine.

Thanks for reporting, our developers will look into it.
selvinvi

Magnetic Lover

9,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
Computer Specs:
Windows XP
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Meebo (bottom right hand corner of the screen)

Bug:
The meebo does not sign me on when I log on to gaia.

Reproduction:
3) refresh the page
4) Go to a different page
5) wait for 5 mins
6) refresh again

Result:
Meebo still does not sign me on, and no matter how long i wait it still doesn't sign me on.

Notes:
This has been happening all day today and yesterday the meebo has been glitching/lagging with every post.

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; NP06; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C)

Sometimes, it takes longer time to load. So try to logout and login back, wait for a while and see how it goes.

Thanks
selvinivi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff