3,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Voter 0
How to report a Bug

First thing to do when a member contact you regarding a possible bug:

1. Check an announcement!
If user experience a problem during some new project push it is probably
temporary and will be resolved after push is completed.

2. Can you reproduce the problem?

To make sure the problem is real:
Clean up the cash and cookie
Log out and log in back
Is it still reproducible?
If it is reproducible, please provide the following information:

Browser: IE6? IE7? FF? Safari? Opera?
Version: FF 2.0.5? FF 3? IE7 sp 2?
Brief description of the problem
steps to reproduce:

Example and templates are below.

3. Before you report the bug, please check other people's reports!!!!

4. Please report 1 bug in 1 post

REPORTING A BUG

Provide detailed and useful information when reporting!
The purpose of reporting a bug is so that later on a Developer will have enough information to reproduce the problem and resolve it. Reports made that do not provide useful information and are vague with no detail will be deleted.

Be descriptive in your title
Don't just put "Bug" in your title. For example, if something like Cinemas isn't poping up, put "Gaia Cinemas isn't popping up Bug."

Quick Format for posting bug reports:

Short description of the problem:

Browser:
Operation system:

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2-

Step 3-

Step 4-

Step 5-

Suppose to Result:

Act result:

Here's an example of how to write a bug:

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609
Flash 9.0.115.0

Bug:
Playing winnings button does not work when you have over 10 winnings awarded

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Log in as a user: user name and password
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/games
4) Click on Slots
5) Pick any available room
6) Click on the Join button
7) Click on the Play Token button
cool Click on the Spin button
9) Repeat steps 7-8 until you have at least 10 winnings awarded

*Current winnings will display the number 10, right below Tickets and Tokens on the left center side

10) Click on the Play Winnings button

Result:
The button will not work. The current winnings do not decrement (decrease). The spin button does not work since no winnings or tokens are used.

Notes:
Any useful information goes here, such as how often this occurred.

If you notice for the above bug, it is very detailed and concise. If you were to go through the reproduction steps, you should be able to reproduce the bug, or if it is uncommon, occasionally reproduce the bug. smile

How NOT to write a bug:
Example1:

Computer Specs:
Windows

Bug:
The slots machine didn't work.

Reproduction:
Play slots by putting in tokens.

Result:
The slots machine didn't work.

Notice how everything is vague? If you were to try to go through the steps again, you would not have a clue where to start. Try to be as detailed as you can by giving any information such as: computer information and what you were doing before, if you used any power ups, etc. This way we can narrow down the possibilities.
I just recently started playing... I try to send gifts but all I get is the following message:

Error
An error occurred with Monster Galaxy. Please try again later.

Please help me sad I am really getting into this game but cant continue properly without gifting, its like I could be getting the much needed evolution potions that I need to beat the first boss sad I hope this gets resolved soon so I can enjoy playing this awesome game

Browser: Firefox w/ no script
Version: 5.0

Thank you for your time smile heart
Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

Bug:
Can not transfer ownership of guild to another account. Reason for this was my other account Akari Oudoki was hacked. Tried to transfer ownership to my other account 'nanitseru' but was unsuccessful. Also tried changing the ownership to one of my friends as well but again, unsuccesful. Then when one of my other friends (wolf demon fenrir) tried to transfer his old guild owner ship to me, it was also unsuccessful.

Reproduction:
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/guilds
4) Click on moderator
5) Went to change guild ownership
6) Put in users name
7) my password
8. Hit confirm

Result: An Error occured. Could not transfer ownership. Please try again later.

Notes:
This has occured over a five times. Tried logging in and out and trying again but was also unsuccessful.
Popup Scam in Posting for Millions by Gaia

Windows 7 Starter
Chrome/12.0.742.122

Problem: On the official thread for Posting for Millions in Gaia Community Discussion there was a hack to the page that enabled a popup asking for user information.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Forums
2. Click on Gaia Community
3. Scroll down and click on "Contest: Posting for Millions!" by Not Robin Leach
4. Go to page 5854 Direct link to page 5854
5. There should be a popup that occurs asking for user information

User Image

Not sure if an image is allowed, but I thought I would add one. This was taken the moment it happened the first time and I was able to reproduce it before posting this.

4,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Okay now this is making me mad,I went back on the gaia towns and saw this little present box with wings flying around,i caught it god knows how many times,but it would stop and then fly off again?why is it doing this.i am sure this is a bug.Please fix,as i would love to have seen what it was.
thankyou sincerely:Morbid_steampunk69

I will ask our devs to look into this issue.
Gaia Cash Shop Won't Work

Computer Specs:
Windows Vista Home Edition
Internet Explorer 7
JAVA ver. 6 Update 26
Bug: The Gaia Cash shop link won’t work. Any attempt to click on the hyperlink to the cash shop simply redirects to the Gaia marketplace for browsing.
Reproduction:
3) Go to the web page www.gaiaonline.com/shops
4) Click on La Victoire (Gaia cash shop) shop link
5) Web page redirects to general marketplace/search bar for items
6) Click on Evolving Items link
7) Click on Learn More for Evolving Items link or Evolving Items Report
9) Redirects back to general marketplace/auction/search for items

Result: Any attempt to access the cash shop results in a redirect to the general marketplace or is nonresponsive.

Notes: A friend of mine has no trouble accessing the shop. I have tried logging out and in, updated Java and restarted my computer. I also wonder if I need Flash of any version to be able to access the Cash Shop.

Was not able to reproduce your problem. Links for Cash shop works as expected.
jseverin

Friendly Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Dark Elf Potion (grey) has "green gloo glitch" and white specs around the face.

Short description of the problem:
For the recent week or so I've started to have issues with my grey dark elf potion. It creates slight green gloo glitch on the legs and there are light grey specs around the face of the avi.

This happens both clothes on and completely naked so it doesn't seem to be related to any item. Also eyes and hair doesn't affect this because I was able to recreate this with my male mule.

Browser: Chrome 12.0.742.122
Operation system: Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Step 1: Log onto www.gaiaonline.com
Step 2: Change the skin of your avi with Dark Elf Potion (grey)
Step 3: Save the changes.
Step 4: Look at your avi either in the top bar or from the posts you make in the forums.

Suppose to Result: Normal grey skin.

Act result: Light grey spots and green gloo in the legs.

Notes! I searched little bit about this and noticed that there had been some similar issues before. I think it was around april this year. I got this in the recent week.

Edit: Here's a picture of my current main avi and also the male mule where I was able to recreate the issue.

User Image

thanks for you bug, we will fix the base underwear, but any older item has been working like this for years and we will not fix all old items.
jseverin

Playful Guildswoman

Specs - win xp, ff5.0, flash10

When someone wants to trade with me, the trade button on my My Gaia page DOES NOT WORK. If I click on Request up by my avi, it sends me to the button which does not work. This has been going on for several days to a week, unsure how long.

Invisible Elder

11,600 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Computer Specs:
Windows 7
Firefox 5.0

Cash tree in the upper right portion of the website

Bug:
I'm getting more 'daily cash' than I should

Reproduction:
3) Use the cash tree by clicking on in ten times in a row
4) click one extra time to be sure you'll get the 10 cash at once
5) In a few second refresh and notice you have 11 cash more and 11 messages

Result:
I kinda accidentally exploited this and got more than I should =3

Notes:
this was the first time today it might be nothing or intentional, but I wouldn't want it to become an exploitable bug with bad results

Playful Guildswoman

Computer specs:
Win XP
FF 5.0
Flash 10

Tried to visit a specific zipcode and was only allowed to enter 2 bart. Tried 5 and got as far as 5 bart. Can go to my house, but cannot enter a zipcode to go to. Was able to do so yesterday....

(I tried both copy/paste and manual entry.)

Yes we are aware of this issue. Our devs are working to fix the problem.
jseverin
Ty.
User Image

My GF is currently unable to sell or trade certain items including her checkmate. It says this everytime she tries..

"There were one or more errors while processing your request: serial_not_in_owner_location"

I do not know why this is happening but she has properly gotten these items from market like a normal Gaian.
Her avi name is Merylove.
She is not here to put this up at the moment because she has to go somewhere and I am trying to help find a way to fix this while she is gone.
Any help would be appreciated. I am sure it has nothing to do with her computer, since the issue seems to primarily be related to the item Serial Identification.

Please contact customer service. They will be able to see why your friend is not able to sell those items.
Hiten Dark Star
User Image

My GF is currently unable to sell or trade certain items including her checkmate. It says this everytime she tries..

"There were one or more errors while processing your request: serial_not_in_owner_location"

I do not know why this is happening but she has properly gotten these items from market like a normal Gaian.
Her avi name is Merylove.
She is not here to put this up at the moment because she has to go somewhere and I am trying to help find a way to fix this while she is gone.
Any help would be appreciated. I am sure it has nothing to do with her computer, since the issue seems to primarily be related to the item Serial Identification.

Please contact customer service. They will be able to see why your friend is not able to sell those items.
do you mean a phone number or so? sorry would like some info as to contacting them specifically? Thankyou for any and all information.
I'm not really sure if I post this right here.. (If so, please pardon me >< wink

It's my birthday today (5th august), but I don't seem to get the according achievement!
I already checked if I got the date right in my profile..

Happy B-day! We just granted the B-day Achievement to you. For some reason your b-day was appearing on 9/7

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games