Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Fatcat

Can not connect to Virtual Hollywood,Rally or Games)

Browers: Firefox & Google Chrome
Operating system: Windows Vista
Specs: Flash Player 11.2.202.228

Bug Info: Not able to connect to World servers

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2- Log in username and Password

Step 3- Go To My gaia

Step 4- Hover over Worlds and click Vh or Rallys

Step 5- Select A server

Result: It just stops loading and stays saying Connecting to game server 208.85.93.106

Notes: I tried it on 3 different computers and switched internet connections it just randomly poped up one day 5 hours after i was just in Vh. This has been going on for all of march for me. The only thing that works is Towns

7,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Computer Specs:
Oldass MacBook, running Windows Vista. Using Mozilla Firefox for browser. I will try later on my mother's computer and see if the situation reproduces; I'll come back and edit this post to let you know.

Bug:
Items gathered in the backpack do not clear after saving; do not save to inventory when saving; items in backpack will occassionally disappear without being saved while switching 'blocks'

Reproduction:
1) Go to www.gaiaonline.com/
2) Hover "world" tab
3) Select "Towns" from dropdown list.
4) Select block from directory (I usually go to "my home" and forage from there.)
5) Collect bugs, flowers, trash.
6) Open Backpack.
7) Click "Okay" when Bildeau asks to save items to your inventory

What is supposed to happen: All of the items you have picked up/caught will be in the backpack. The items clear from the backpack and save to inventory.

What really happens: Nothing happens when you save. The items do not clear from the backpack and do not save to inventory. Also, on occasion, all of the items will disappear from the backpack without saving to inventory when you move from one block to another, without action from the user to make this happen.

Notes:
This happens every time I go into Towns, for about the past month or more. It is a major obstacle to my levelling up in Alchemy, and I know the case is the same with many other users who are trying to level or who make GGBS, Caches, etc. for components for Alchemy. Please, please look into this- the last bug where flowers wouldn't pick up was annoying, but this one is much worse!

Thank you. heart

Edit April 12: Same thing happens on my mom's computer, a Dell running XP, and on my fiance's HP Touchpad. For both this account and my mule account (Whimsical Tuesday).

6,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Computer Specs: Acer Laptop, About 2 years old. With Windows 7. Using Google Chrome for the browser.
Bug: Gaia will completely freeze in the middle of posting, just after posting, or even just when browsing forums.
Reproduction:
1. Go to www.gaiaonline.com
2. Open Forums-->Subscribed
3. Quicklink--->Subscribed
4. Click Post or reply
5. Either freezes on the way into the subscribed threads or when you begin to post
6. Press submit
7. Get the loading please wait sign
8. Never loads and entire site freezes

What's supposed to happen: ....Gaia not freezing
What really happens: Gaia freezes
Note: This happens randomly everytime I'm posting in the forums there have been a few times that this happens if I'm going into another tab on gaia as well such as games
I know that this had been addressed and was supposed to have been fixed when the forums took a dive last week but that's obviously not the case at least for me.

Sparkling Kitten

Browser: Firefox 11.0
Operating system: Windows NT 6.1

Bug Info: Lusty Scoundrel has odd green ribbons?

Step 1- Log onto www.gaiaonline.com

Step 2- Log in username and Password

Step 3- Go To Customize Avatar

Step 4- Equip Lusty Scoundrel skin and Little Lucie skirt and feet OR Audrey's heels

Result: The skin is accompanied by strange green ribbons on the lower half of the avatar.

Notes: Usually not noticeable when wearing heavy bottoms. Also not seen in the Show off Your Avatar screen but viewable at the top banner. Only shows up when accompanied with certain items.

User Image

12,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Beginning of month 3, and I lost count on how many times I've reported it, but my fish in my fish tank don't stay in the tank, and the ones I have to keep replacing from the inventory tank (every time the tank loads) die when they get fed. I don't get fish drops, and they show up again in inventory, only to repeat the process, no matter how many times the tank is saved. Any estimate on when this is going to be fixed or should I just give up on the tank altogether?

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Not even gold and silver can

Okay, so I don't really know where to post this, but the Cash offer for Angry Birds Rio, here; http://www.gaiaonline.com/offers?partner=topoffers came up as a Trojan in my antivirus software. I am using a windows 7 machine. And I am using Vipre anti-virus.

break the two of us...
Sweet Sentiment

Miz Lina

Manually saving items in the backpack does nothing. It's done automatically for you.

See this post for more information:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/dev-notices/site-changes/t.63632027_509/#509

Inquisitive Inquisitor

17,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
edy
Sweet Sentiment

Miz Lina

Manually saving items in the backpack does nothing. It's done automatically for you.

http://emoreno.dev.gaiaonline.com/forum/dev-notices/site-changes/t.63632027_509/#509

That helps but still doesn't address the "I've gone to a new area of Towns and my items didn't come with me" issue.
Sweet Sentiment
edy
Sweet Sentiment

Miz Lina

That helps but still doesn't address the "I've gone to a new area of Towns and my items didn't come with me" issue.

What exactly does "didn't come with me" mean? Towns is arranged in 9 block segments. Changing between them will not cause them to be saved. They'll still be in your backpack. When you change servers (the next zipcode), that's when the items are automatically saved. You have to leave the server you're currently on (either change zipcode, or close towns) for the items to come out of the backpack and go into your inventory.

Either way, it's nothing that you have to worry about. If items disappeared from the backpack, that means that they got saved to your inventory.

Edit: here's the correct URL: This explain the process.

Inquisitive Inquisitor

17,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
edy
Sweet Sentiment
edy
Sweet Sentiment

Miz Lina

What exactly does "didn't come with me" mean? Towns is arranged in 9 block segments. Changing between them will not cause them to be saved. They'll still be in your backpack. When you change servers (the next zipcode), that's when the items are automatically saved. You have to leave the server you're currently on (either change zipcode, or close towns) for the items to come out of the backpack and go into your inventory.

Either way, it's nothing that you have to worry about. If items disappeared from the backpack, that means that they got saved to your inventory.

Okay, I've checked and you are correct; that is how it works. I've been off the site for nearly two years and the new way it works looked to me like it was either not working or on the fritz, especially since I hadn't seen anything that explained the current method. I will delete my post.

7,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
edy
Sweet Sentiment
edy
Sweet Sentiment

Miz Lina

Thank you very much for this clarification.

Profitable Genius

5,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Trade has a glitch.

It does not have Trade buttons on the My gaia page.

Foe

just spent a very aggravating ten minutes trying to file a ticket before stumbling across a fix:

firefox doesn't like the faq/help and contact us sections. at all. this link should, in theory, take me to the file a new ticket page. in firefox, no dice. i cleared my cache/cookies/private data/offline s**t, and so on. restarted the browser. tried the link again, and again it did ******** all.

but the link worked fine with chrome.

using firefox 11.0, on win vista, and chrome 18.0.1025.162

Lonely Shounen

15,100 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Wishlist wipes itself clean when max amount of items on a list is reached.
Computer Specs:
Browser-Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 Flashplayer ver11
Operating System-Windows 7 Ultimate

Info:This issue had occurred one time before back in December. I was adding items I wanted to my list after which I apparently reached the max limit, which then I started going through and cleared out items so I could add new ones in. This time when it happened back on Thursday night, April 12, I did the same thing, however when I logged back on early the next morning to add some new items and checked my wishlist the entire thing was empty save for what I added on there. It would take a great deal of time to reproduce the result, but I did find a thread that another user noticed the issue and had it answered notifying that this happens. It makes no mention if the wipe happens if the list is not reduced in a timely manner or if you attempt to add more items anyway even after getting the message:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-report-technical-support/wishlist-issues/t.74040903/?_gaia_t_=3934
Bug : Captcha images not loading.
Audio also.

Browser : Google Chrome

This has been happening for I dunno... a week now? Not sure since I don't post regularly in guilds until the Easter event. I'm more of a guild person. Anyway, I saw this in the profile comments too. I even have a pic.

I can't post in forums and comment so yeah :/

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff