Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Friend

I guess the topic says it all... so I'll start by explaining why and what I write. I write as a distraction, and I role play with my friend and I write short stories as well. Do you guys have any characters you created that you love? I do, haha. xD Forever alone

Hygienic Browser

Don't know why loving one's characters is equivalent to being alone, but all right. Lol

I write because I love to. It's my passion, and I can be good at it. I also hope make a decent living from it one day. Not too much, even though that'd be nice.

Like you, I like to role play, but I've been taking a break from it for a while to focus on other things. I enjoy writing flash fiction, short stories, and in the future, a novel (or three). Not ready for the latter just yet. I want to write a novella, at least.
I started writing because I loved to read and wanted to create my own stories and characters. So originally I did it for my own amusement. My mom saw some of my stories when I was a kid and showed some of my teachers. I also showed my stories to some of my friends, and they were interested. Later I published some things online and obtained reviews/likes/favorites. So then I wrote for the praise and encouragement as well as fun. Nowadays I basically just roleplay, and I do it for fun.

I still occasionally buy a writing magazine but I don't have the interest to publish anymore, though it was my childhood dream. Books are on the decline as people become less interested in reading and instead get so wrapped up in their cell phones. And literally anyone can publish now; even Amazon is selling fanfiction. I'm pretty disgusted by these things and have given up my dream of becoming a distinguished author.

Savage Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
I started because my friends wanted to write ghost stories and I was the only one who was the most comfortable with writing in English. Then I found out it made the voices in my head a whole lot quieter.

As to what I write; pretty much anything I feel like. Usually it's fantasy though.

Invisible Exhibitionist

Guess I started writing because I wanted to? I'd always had head-stories that entertained me while I was trying to fall asleep at night, but I never wrote any of them out. Then, in sixth grade, we had an assignment to write a story, and the following summer I decided to try to turn it into a novel. That didn't work out, but I've been writing pretty much ever since.

Probably nowadays it's because I keep coming up with stories set in my pet conworld, which became its own hobby, but also because it felt natural to write for fun. I enjoy arts and crafts, and I enjoy reading... why not writing, too?

Mostly I do science fiction-flavored stuff. Don't touch fantasy much, aside from a few forays into the low fantasy end of the pool. Used to do existential stuff sometimes. Recently began trying my hand at smut, because it makes me laugh. Mainly I end up with short stories, but I'd like to graduate to novels, sometime. At least one project has made it to novella length, and still needs to be finished.

Dapper Dabbler

I write because if I wasn't writing, I would be animating my own films, and animating is a tedious and thankless job wherein one is destined for art monkeydom. Whereas with writing I get to design everything and complete something all on my own, and I can write anywhere. And with writing, the world, setting, characters, etc are all mine. Not so much the case with other storytelling fields.

As for what... mostly novels. Although I've been getting into shorter stories lately.
I write in order to have books that I want to read (how selfish surprised ). I'm writing a horror series with a distinct mostly lgbt casting, as I always do regardless of genre.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I actually started writing when I was 14 because I was getting bullied at school, I used it as an opportunity to create my own world and escape the real world. Since then I now write because it's my hobby, I enjoy it and my ambition is to get my novel published, plus more.

I am currently writing a social novel and have a historical fiction in the pipeline. I don't have specific genrés that I stick to but I'm not a fan of writing fantasy, sci-fi and criminal.

Friendly Explorer

I want to write a story with characters inspired from my fanfics! xD Sometimes I would love if a character would act a certain way, but it's inconsistent with the subject and part of the character's background. So, if I create a character that fits my story, it's way better than writing a fanfiction for me. That's pretty much my why and what. :3
I also started writing because of my school situation and my home situation. Both were pretty turbulent, it seemed writing was an escape and a place to hone all of my emotions and gradually work through what I was feeling. It really helped. Ever since then I've been role playing and writing on the side because it simply keeps me going. I'm not sure about other writers here but it's like a daily dose I NEED. razz

I write mainly supernatural things though, I used to write fanfics and of course horror etc. Anything I felt like at the time.

Dedicated Friend

Starlight Orchid
I started writing because I loved to read and wanted to create my own stories and characters. So originally I did it for my own amusement. My mom saw some of my stories when I was a kid and showed some of my teachers. I also showed my stories to some of my friends, and they were interested. Later I published some things online and obtained reviews/likes/favorites. So then I wrote for the praise and encouragement as well as fun. Nowadays I basically just roleplay, and I do it for fun.

I still occasionally buy a writing magazine but I don't have the interest to publish anymore, though it was my childhood dream. Books are on the decline as people become less interested in reading and instead get so wrapped up in their cell phones. And literally anyone can publish now; even Amazon is selling fanfiction. I'm pretty disgusted by these things and have given up my dream of becoming a distinguished author.

Ugh, I get the whole cell phone thing. I love writing and when I want to show a friend they're like "eww no it's too long" or "text it to me". DX

Dedicated Friend

Rennie`
I actually started writing when I was 14 because I was getting bullied at school, I used it as an opportunity to create my own world and escape the real world. Since then I now write because it's my hobby, I enjoy it and my ambition is to get my novel published, plus more.

I am currently writing a social novel and have a historical fiction in the pipeline. I don't have specific genrés that I stick to but I'm not a fan of writing fantasy, sci-fi and criminal.

*hugs* Bullying is awful, I'm so sorry you went through that.
That's part of the reason why I started writing too, though. smile

Dedicated Friend

Elena Kiara
I want to write a story with characters inspired from my fanfics! xD Sometimes I would love if a character would act a certain way, but it's inconsistent with the subject and part of the character's background. So, if I create a character that fits my story, it's way better than writing a fanfiction for me. That's pretty much my why and what. :3

I so understand that feeling! biggrin

Hilarious Lunatic

I enjoy creating and imagining s**t. I write superhuman fantasies with a touch of military, adventure, and rescue.

Sparkly Pirate

16,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
Because I have a lot of story ideas, and because sometimes there are stories I want to read but no one is writing those stories SO I HAVE TO DO IT MYSELF.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff