Welcome to Gaia! ::

I already have another Gaia account. I need to cancel this one. I only really need one account. So how to I cancel this one completely? question

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
You can't, sorry.
Oh. rolleyes
just keep it ... use it as a mule account - for storage or gold collecting!! Most people have more than one account!
You can not delete an account only abandon it. rolleyes
ugh i dont want an account anymore!!!!!!
Will your account be deactivated after not logging in for a certain amount of time? I really do not wish to have Gaia Online any longer, and since I can't cancel it straight away...
User Image

Gaia needs to allow deleting accounts D:

User Image
Donators:
Annonymous (Demut?) - heart
Angeliko - heart
~Wafflegasms!~ - heart
Pixelated_Sharpie - heart heart
Kellyyyy - heart heart
The Veiled Malice - heart heart heart
Xchrom0someXX - eek heart heart heart
QueenOfThoughts1 - eek eek eek heart heart heart
Sionne
Will your account be deactivated after not logging in for a certain amount of time? I really do not wish to have Gaia Online any longer, and since I can't cancel it straight away...
There is no time-limit for abandoned Gaia accounts: once you create them, they're there. Period. biggrin So if you ever change your mind, your account is waiting for you!
It's nice if you plan on taking a hiatus, and don't want to sell your items, but if you want to leave permanently.... *shrug* It's not so nice on the naming of new accounts though: even if an account has been abandoned for years, that name is still taken.
It's pretty dumb. confused
why can'y i cancel my account
For the sake of ending this discussion:
Quote:
Impracticalities: Deletion of old/unused/neverlogged/etc.. accounts
Why this isn't done and never will be....

* Deletion of an account would create various other problems for which there are, with Gaia's make-up, no solutions.
Simply said, deleting accounts would cause other parts of the site to break. Deleting an account means removing data, much of the data is used in many parts of the site and removing a portion of the data would cause more problems than just leaving it there.

Okay... so why don't you at least change the names on these accounts? (I knew you'd ask that!)

Banned Accounts
* It's always a possibility... no matter how unlikely in most instances, that a mistake was made or a decision will be reconsidered and an account will be unbanned.

Zero Posts
* Even if an account has zero posts, it doesn't mean that it's not being used. It simply means that account hasn't participated in Gaia's forums. It could be used as a storage mule by someone with a more active account, or perhaps by someone who likes to participate in the non-forum activities on the site.
* Users also sometimes make accounts and then don't use them very much... look around, leave, and come back later on when something about the site interests them.

Never Logged In
* Many of these accounts are because something glitched and the activation e-mail was never received. Even months after the fact, these accounts are sometimes eventually activated and then used.

Any and all threads asking for accounts to be deleted/renamed/etc.. will be recycled.
La Trace de Voleur
For the sake of ending this discussion:
Quote:
Impracticalities: Deletion of old/unused/neverlogged/etc.. accounts
Why this isn't done and never will be....

* Deletion of an account would create various other problems for which there are, with Gaia's make-up, no solutions.
Simply said, deleting accounts would cause other parts of the site to break. Deleting an account means removing data, much of the data is used in many parts of the site and removing a portion of the data would cause more problems than just leaving it there.

Okay... so why don't you at least change the names on these accounts? (I knew you'd ask that!)

Banned Accounts
* It's always a possibility... no matter how unlikely in most instances, that a mistake was made or a decision will be reconsidered and an account will be unbanned.

Zero Posts
* Even if an account has zero posts, it doesn't mean that it's not being used. It simply means that account hasn't participated in Gaia's forums. It could be used as a storage mule by someone with a more active account, or perhaps by someone who likes to participate in the non-forum activities on the site.
* Users also sometimes make accounts and then don't use them very much... look around, leave, and come back later on when something about the site interests them.

Never Logged In
* Many of these accounts are because something glitched and the activation e-mail was never received. Even months after the fact, these accounts are sometimes eventually activated and then used.

Any and all threads asking for accounts to be deleted/renamed/etc.. will be recycled.

yup i quite for 3 years and im back !! (i quit cause i was poor >.> i still am lol
User Image

That is not deleting your account, it's deleting your avatar.
Your account is still there, the avatar is just gone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games