Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was doing it so that you knew which page. Sorry if the world isn't done your way.
Redfox44
Kefkaroth
The use of gradients cheapens the image. It would be fine if you put values on everything and then used some gradient to make the ceiling appear darker. Also the mesh fire screen lacks mesh...it just looks like folded glass or something. The logs lack texture...in fact nothing has texture. It's all very flat. The cover page seems fine, though. I can't say much about the color page you first posted, though...using a filter on a photo and sticking it in as a background looks lazy and doesn't fit at all.

Also you can block me if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that if you want people to view your comic without giving feedback then you need the Promotions forum.

I'm not blocking critiques I'm blocking what I find to be trolls. The comic creators forum never mentions anything about it being mandatory for people to give critique and like I had said before
(but Ithink it got deleted) I'm not taking them. And there is no rule about that.

You don't have to take them , but people are going to give them
Redfox44
nightshade259
I was doing it so that you knew which page. Sorry if the world isn't done your way.

This post is done my way... neutral but your rude comment is really unnecessary. I'm not being rude to you so don't post rude things on my forum.

What makes you person who decides what I do? I did it to make things simple. Telling me how I should post is rude in its own right.

Fashionable Genius

Redfox44
nightshade259
Redfox44
nightshade259

This post is done my way... neutral but your rude comment is really unnecessary. I'm not being rude to you so don't post rude things on my forum.

What makes you person who decides what I do? I did it to make things simple. Telling me how I should post is rude in its own right.

Really? you are a guest on my forum I can tell you how to post on my forum, because I'm hosting it.

Wrong. Comic Creators is a public forum. Even in your own topic you can't tell people what to do and what not to do, as long as they are behaving by the forum rules. Telling people that they can't critique or quote you in your topic is like telling people they can't use the word "banana" because you don't like how it sounds.

You are not hosting anything. Gaia is the site, it is not yours. We are no more guests here than you are.
Redfox44

I'm not blocking critiques I'm blocking what I find to be trolls. The comic creators forum never mentions anything about it being mandatory for people to give critique and like I had said before
(but Ithink it got deleted) I'm not taking them. And there is no rule about that.

Critiquing you is not trolling. Disagreeing with you is not trolling. Refusing to asspat your creative endeavors is not trolling.

Trolling is posting replies calculated to elicit an entertaining response, usually an angry one. The mere fact that a post may make you angry because you don't like what the poster said doesn't automatically make it a troll post.

"Troll" has degenerated to mean "Anyone who suspects I do not, in fact, eat fire and s**t lightning." That's not what a troll is.

Unless you're willing to accept that, you're not ready to post your work here.
You changed almost nothing since the last time. So why are you back? Still have a million pictures before the comic starts, still have characterization and pacing issues.
-2o
You changed almost nothing since the last time. So why are you back? Still have a million pictures before the comic starts, still have characterization and pacing issues.

I think you should go and take your own advice and stop trying to compare my work to yours...
Redfox44

Iall I asked was for her to not quote the page post and she game me attitude, no I can't control how people post that's not what I was implying but this is my forum and I can ask that people don't quote the page post.

I like how you just keep blocking anybody who doesn't agree with you.

Let me correct you so you understand: this is not your forum. You created a topic. TOPIC. This is indeed your topic, but Comic Creators is not your forum. Regardless, your topic is in a public forum, meaning that people have every right to quote you when they reply. It's not harassment or trolling, it's just people quoting your damn post so you understand what they're talking about.

Go ahead and block me too, now. I know you're going to since I didn't tell you how wonderful your comic was, and anybody who doesn't do that in your topics is worth a blocking in your eyes.

Edit: Yep, I'm blocked. Somebody can't stand to read the truth.
Redfox44
-2o

I think you should go and take your own advice and stop trying to compare my work to yours...

Double-posting to quote this. IT IS A CRITIQUE. He's not comparing himself to you. He's giving you advice. You're just being a snot in response because you don't want to hear it.

Here's an edit since she blocked me and I'm not going to register extra accounts just to correct a special snowflake:

Here's a link of her posting on Picture Post, a critique forum. Somebody gives a critique, and the only response she gives is to post a link to her comic. That sums her up in a nutshell: she's a special snowflake that's looking for attention and praise. Don't waste your breath on her, and just report her topics as she has gotten nasty.

(is it just me or is that picture she posted there a trace on a Vash the Stampede picture?)
This is IronSpike. You blocked my main account form posting in this thread. Thanks for confirming my suspicions you're not worth being even remotely civil to.

What do you want from this forum? Clearly not critique, or advice, or even honesty. If you're looking for asspats and cheerleading, it should be clear by now that you won't find that here, either. So why are you bothering? Do you even know?

Your comic is the same as it ever was. Flimsy, uninteresting and hollow, a collection of cliches instead of a story. You haven't changed or improved on anything since the last time you posted. The art is still forgettable, the story is still boring, and I can tell your manga is influenced by absolutely nothing except other manga.

I'd reference Scott McCloud's "hollow apple," but I'm 100% sure you haven't got the first clue what that is, or why you are one.
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I'm not sure why you're doing this, OP.

You posted this topic not too long ago, and got the same basic response. Maybe it would be apt to stop and think about what you're doing for a moment. This forum has a very small number of regular users. If you show the exact same group of people the exact same piece of work about 4 or so weeks after showing it to them the first time, of course you're going to get the exact same responses- the exact same responses that you decided were cause enough to close your topic the first time around.

As everyone keeps saying, this forum is for critiques. By placing your comic here, and then refusing to accept them, you're ultimately hurting your promotion efforts by making yourself seem immature. You're currently disregarding the rules/premises of forum, and you're blocking the people who are following them. If you don't want critiques, put your comic somewhere else and problem solved. Aside from the promotions forum (where you already have a thread), there are lots of other places on the internet where you can post your work and no one will offer you any help or feedback whatsoever.

But really, I don't know why you have any problems with the idea of receiving critique. I can already tell that you're really invested in your idea, and that you've worked hard on it because of the number of pages that you've been able to create. It can be frustrating and embarrassing to have your mistakes pointed out by others, but ultimately, being aware of these mistakes will only help you to avoid them in the future and make a comic that you already care about so much better. Even if you don't like the tone of what someone is saying to you, you can move past that and try to learn from the rest of what they're saying. -2o had a lot of good feedback for you in the original incarnation of this post.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff