Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Poster

7,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
I just watched a show called "Beyond". It was featuring a supernatural predator that torments human beings, and it was mainly seen in Saskatchewan, Canada; it was also reported to have been seen in Australia (I think), and Asia.

This is around fifteen minutes after watching it, and I am still so freaked out that I'm jumpy, still crying, (cue embarrassment), and hyper-sensitive to who (or what) is around me. This is not just because of the effects used to emphasize the key points of the stories, but because of how real, how truly real these creatures are that we do not understand.

The Rou-Ga-Rou, my friends, is a creature reported to have wolf, dog, deer/horse, and sometimes human physical qualities. It, in one eyewitness account, was at least twelve feet tall.

The three of them (A mother/sister, the eldest, a young boy, and a three/four year old girl), in this account, were in a room with a window. The window didn't have glass, but it had plastic covering it. They heard wolf-like, feral growling far-off for a moment, coming closer, and when it was next to them (separated by the walls of the house) they heard the growling as if it was right next to them. The second-youngest present (a younger boy) grabbed a gun and they ran into the bathroom and locked the door. They only had one bullet in a .22 shotgun, and they were sure they wouldn't make it, but they did, left alone since then.
The window the creature had been standing at was twelve feet tall, and there were gouges cut out of the wall's surface (on the outside), clawing scratchmarks that were from eight to ten feet tall on the house.

In another account, this wolf/dog was running alongside a driver and his friends. They were going at speeds over 50 miles per hour, and weren't on a normal road, they were going between fields, meaning any animal tracks could be clearly seen.
This creature kept up with them, at those speeds, for roughly two miles before they sped up even more and lost the animal.
When they went back the next day, they found horse tracks. Not dog, not wolf, horse tracks.

What is this creature?

In the third account, the person to see it was ice fishing. She had gone into the ice shack, and had seen this thing, this creature with horse legs, a pointed snout, and a wolf's body. It was going as fast as the skidoos that had been going by earlier in the day, and it was fairly close to her and her brother and friends.
She flung open the door to warn him, and ask what it was, and it had vanished; kaput, gone. Nothing, no tracks, and she was the only one to see it.
Almost a month later, she was home alone and heard these banging noises, like something banging into the back wall of her house. She told herself that she was not going back to look, and stayed where she was until it stopped. The next day, she found "These divots, gouges, like these- these two-clawed scratchmarks, on the wall," which testifies to the prints found in the former account about the dog-like creature that left horse prints.
She was told that there was a legend about the 'Rug-a-roo', or 'Rou-ga-roux', frighteningly similar to the French 'Loup-ga-roux', which means werewolf. Apparently the only people to see them are Native American, while the only white people to see them are Catholic, or pure of heart.
And according to legend, you cannot draw them, because doing so only gives them power.

In the last account, a male woke up to a creature passing by him while he was in his bed. He felt the side of his face was wet, and his wife yelled, asking what was going on. He looked into the kitchen, and all he could see were a pair of glowing eyes. He knew that it was a dog, or something like it at least, and it was growling. He told his wife to get the kids and she did, locking herself and the kids in the bathroom.
He got his gun, and at one point "The dog hid under my son's crib in his bedroom," which supports a point in legend that the Rug-a-roo is a creature that is partial to harming children.
He somehow got it onto his deck, and shot it "At point-blank range, and I shot it off the deck," and he had used a shotgun. (Sadly I cannot remember exactly what make he had mentioned, or I would note that, too.)
He looked down off the deck to see if it was dead, and he found it had vanished. He figured it might have gotten as far as the bushes, so the next day he scoured the land around his house.
He found nothing. Absolutely no trace of the 'dog'. Another interesting fact is that he has two dogs. One of them was a very territorial German Shepard, and yet neither of them had made a single sound during the event, and instead remained perfectly silent until after the beast had gone.
One more fact; none of them (his wife, kids, or himself) knew how the creature had even gotten inside, as all the doors and windows were still closed when the creature was discovered.

None of the eyewitnesses had ever made contact with each other, yet they all lived in the same area (Saskatchewan, Canada) and had roughly the same experience; and each time, they felt threatened. However, they were not injured.

I am understandably curious about this creature called the 'Rug-a-roo', also known as 'Rou-Ga-Roux' among other things, and I desperately want to know more. I have looked over Wikipedia and several other websites, but they have not told me what I wish to know. I have looked also at a topic here, commented upon by several, but I have found nothing substantial that will satisfy what I want to know.

What I want to know, really, is what this creature is.

Any and all folklore and myth about this creature would be greatly appreciated; accounts of encounter, even more so; For, you see, I want to understand this creature. I have a great interest in 'supernatural' beings, whether it be for us to understand them or not, for I have a feeling that perhaps this creature is not a 'harbringer of evil', but perhaps a creature of good fortune; for not once in any account that I have found has it ever truly attacked or harmed anyone. Instead, it scared them once (Only because we do not understand it, perhaps), and in two of them (mentioned above) it has been warded off with guns. This causes me to think that perhaps it merely frightens to bring us closer together, as a family, when there are troubles (Not very likely, I must admit, but it does cause admitted openness and friendliness in those that have seen it, no?) and it only appears destructive and harmful because A) We do not understand it, and B) it choses a wolf for the main structure of its appearance.

However, does it not always seem to chose dog and horse/deer tendancies as well, and sometimes even that of a human? Dog is supposed to be man's best friend, and horses (as well as deer) are obviously herbavoires. Wolves do not ever attack humans unless threatened or starved.
It seems to always appear to us as animals that are capable of kindness and even love in some cases, but with always an underlying sense of danger if provoked.
Is that not all it might be, but a creature that may not understand us, and is simply trying to make contact on behalf of the rest of the Supernatural world? If it is, we have given them a sore report for the rest of the beings out there, for we have responded with fear and violence. However, it does show them how we generally respond, and whether that be good or bad has yet to be determined.

My opinions may be a bit farfetched, so please do counter my logic with your own. A different view on things, said truthfully and nicely, is always refreshing, is it not?

Again, I would very much appreciate your input on this topic.

Sincerely Yours,
Tatsuki

Shameless Shapeshifter

Okay, here are my views on it:

1. It's a tulpa. This one happens to be the physical manifestation of our primal fears.

2. People are blowing something smaller waaaaaay out of proportion. You know what they say about twenty-foot constrictors and measuring tapes - the snake always gets smaller when someone actually gets a tape out.

Invisible Poster

7,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
This is a very interesting thought. I thank you very much for the proposition; I hadn't ever known about Tulpas before, but this is quite interesting. I thank you again for the time to help me understand more about what these creatures might be; and you're right, a Tulpa does seem to fit in these cases, however it also does not. Can a Tulpa influence inanimate objects, damage them?
Yes, a Tulpa does fit quite nicely into the account of the Husband and his wife and children, giving reason for why his dogs did not react (They most likely knew, from lack of smell, that it was not real, unless the Tulpa did have a smell?) and it would also give a fair reason for the Ice Fishing account, but as for the other two, the question remains; are Tulpas, hallucinations that can be seen by others, the physical manifesation of our primal fears, able to damage physical objects and leave tracks the way our 'Rugaroos' did?

As for your 'Twenty foot constrictor' anology, the camera crew filmed the measuring of how high up the scratches (And they were very large and brutal, let me assure you) were on the wall; they were scattered from eight to ten feet tall.
They also took a shot of the front of the house, depicting the window the creature had growled at them from, and the ground. It was definitely at least twelve feet, and in that shot you could see the markings, at least two feet below the window.
I believe that this is all true, but like any truly interested person, I am willing and ready to change my opinion when there is enough proof, as evidence is needed for anyone to believe.
Have you any evidence that Tulpas can damage physical objects and leave footprints?

Lunatic

And I am...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Please click my dragons...

Hmm.... scary.
...The Soulless One.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Adopt your own!
Do not Click me.

Invisible Poster

7,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Yes, indeed. The thought of such creatures does frighten me, as it might several others, but it is also very interesting. I thirst to know more, as much as I can; it is very amazing once you delve deep into myth and learn the ways of the human mind, possibly finding truth as you do so.
The mind works mysteriously, as does the world, does it not?
So, any proof that this animal exists besides this one account?

Horse tracks mean nothing.
You didn't say where this story took place, but probably out in the countryside?
Hence, there is the possibility that those horse tracks were there since before the "incident."

In addition, can a horse-hoof-design really support a two legged animal?
It would be didfficult for the animal to balance, and an animal with clawed front paws and hooved back feet is unlikely.

EDIT
Legend, huh?
I googled "Rug-a-roo" and all that came up was a book by John S. Myerchin.
"http://www.amazon.com/Rugaroo-Savage-John-S-Myerchin/dp/1403302812/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219245807&sr=8-1"

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
-Gaara_-Loves-_Naruto-
This is a very interesting thought. I thank you very much for the proposition; I hadn't ever known about Tulpas before, but this is quite interesting. I thank you again for the time to help me understand more about what these creatures might be; and you're right, a Tulpa does seem to fit in these cases, however it also does not. Can a Tulpa influence inanimate objects, damage them?
Yes, a Tulpa does fit quite nicely into the account of the Husband and his wife and children, giving reason for why his dogs did not react (They most likely knew, from lack of smell, that it was not real, unless the Tulpa did have a smell?) and it would also give a fair reason for the Ice Fishing account, but as for the other two, the question remains; are Tulpas, hallucinations that can be seen by others, the physical manifesation of our primal fears, able to damage physical objects and leave tracks the way our 'Rugaroos' did?

As for your 'Twenty foot constrictor' anology, the camera crew filmed the measuring of how high up the scratches (And they were very large and brutal, let me assure you) were on the wall; they were scattered from eight to ten feet tall.
They also took a shot of the front of the house, depicting the window the creature had growled at them from, and the ground. It was definitely at least twelve feet, and in that shot you could see the markings, at least two feet below the window.
I believe that this is all true, but like any truly interested person, I am willing and ready to change my opinion when there is enough proof, as evidence is needed for anyone to believe.
Have you any evidence that Tulpas can damage physical objects and leave footprints?
Link to these pictures?

Invisible Poster

7,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
I did not see it online, I saw it on T.V.
Therefore sadly I cannot give them to you; however, if I do find them online sometime, I will be sure to give you a link.
With no actual evidence to display to us i am quite skeptical of such a creature existing.
Just to point out.

.22 is a SMALL RIFLE, not a shotgun.

Shameless Shapeshifter

-Gaara_-Loves-_Naruto-

I believe they can. Take, for example, the poltergeist: poltergeists have often been observed to be the result of someone's emotional turbulence and are documented as having very physical effects on our world.

See also:
What is an egregore?
How to create a servitor

Poltergeist, egregore, servitor, tulpa... it seems to be several names for one phenomenon.
Sounds like a corruption of "loup garou" to me.

Invisible Poster

7,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Yes, it most likely is. It's a term derived from that, in fact.
Someone told me on another site that it sounds very much like the Quebec werewolf, and that it is usually a Catholic male that has abandoned the Church. Usually only a drop of blood needs to be shed to break the Curse, and it needs to be drawn by a pure Christian.
Their explanation is much more detailed, but I think that either this (Or the idea of Tulpas) is the explanation for this creature.

Anxious Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Striga
Sounds like a corruption of "loup garou" to me.

It does sound like it, doesn't it!? eek

I'm usually of the opinion that most supernatural entities are tulpas. Usually of the boogeyman archetype. sweatdrop
I have incounterd the rugaroo! I am from just out side of roche percee saskatchewan. It was late summer and my brother,two other friends and I decided to visit the roche percee rocks befor nightfall. We visited the caves and we were walking down the mid path and I notice somthing move at the to of the hill behind the tree line,One of my friend sead "did you just see that" . My brother and i both sead" ya what the hell was that",but everyone just kinda passed it buy like nothing hade happend.After that we went to the fare rocks to clime the tall rock configuration, then as we were ready to go so we whent west and we were climing the cliff like rock wall i was at the top of it as the other three were still climing up, and i looked down below and i saw what looked like my friend walking nothe into the trees and i thought to my self "now where is he going". After that thought ran through my mind i looked over and saw my friend rate there climing up still,a deep piercing chill ran up my spine.I told the other what i had just saw and htat all had a concernd look on there face.We all agreed thet it was time to go.Then as we were walking down the middel path agane and rate in front of us was what a peart to look like a dark figure that was waring the exact same cote that i hade on,I sead the the others "do u see that" every one was like wtf what the hell is that .I took a few steps forward to get a closer look, I looked at streight at is face(I have herd in other incounters of the creacher have glowing red eyes that is not what i saw) and i saw the flash of two glowing yellow eyes, at that insten i warned the other "lets get the f%&# out of here so we took off too the steep path the the left of us.we got in the car started it and got out of there.We where on the heding to my house just up the hill past the rocks and we got to about 150km/h and we were all yelling in the car about how scary this was and if had not saw the dear crossing thr road I may well have died beacause i was not where a seat belt ,but i yelld dear as loud as i could and it just juped tho hood.we made it home safely.

I bealeave that the rugaroo is indeed a shap shifter and it hade possibly atemted to take the form of one of the group to maby miss lead one of us.I also bealeve that the dear wes a nother shap that it had taken ta agane try to who knows what.if you do not bealeve this story i have three othe witnesses that were there.

Also the other day we were down in roche percee agane and we found some strange traks, they were spred out about 3 m apart each step and did not look like deer tracks. there were what looked like threeclaw imrint in each step and you could see ware they drug as it steped it was anther one of those moments were we should hace taken pictues but in sted took off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff