Welcome to Gaia! ::

you should tell them, when i told my parents that i was agnostic and they where fine with it most people will just accept it and if your dad cant accept it to bad he doesnt control who you are and what you believe in only you can do that.
I might be wrong
There is no solid evidence against the existance or non-existance of a god. There are different theories that contradict eachother, but since none are proven there is no evidence one way or another. There is no evidence toward any polytheistic religion either, nor is there any evidence toward Buddhism or any religion in any way. The only stance that you can take and know that you will be 100% right is the stance of an agnostic, but that really doesn't get you anywhere closer to an answer. Atheism is a ridiculous stance to take because it is counter-productive. The goal of an atheist is to convince people that there is no meaning for human existance, which in the end is a worthless answer to a great question. In the end, any religious belief is equally great in my opinion. I choose to be a non-denominational christian with specific beliefs on the subject. I also practice Zazen every weekend. Religious practice is the only productive way to search for the answers to some of life's great questions. Agnosticism leaves you with nothing but the idea that you'll never know, Atheism leaves you with nothing but the idea that everything is wrong and life is meaningless, yet any religious faith leaves you with a positive mind-set and a genuine want to find REAL answers.

That is my personal take on the subject.

that all depends im an agnostic and i dont just sit there and say i dont know the way i see it is you should always keep both the fact that there might be a god and there might not be and do things logically without your mind being clouded by one side of the story or the other.
I'm a Christian ( a non denominational one) and my family are all Christians (they're Assembly of God's) except for my oldest sister and my parents are okay with me reading up on, learning and studying different religions cuz it's something i'm very interested in.
But i'm happy with Christianity myself ^^

But um, if you don't wanna come out and tell them that you're leaning more toward the occult, pagan etc. and you wanna learn more about it then just rent some books at the library on the subject, read up about it online and buy some books and just tell them that you're interested in the subject (which you are) and they should be okay with it.
But i suggest since you're unsure about what you wanna believe and all, just reach out and study other religions and Christianity as well (there might be other denominations that you like) and see which one suits you the best and feels right and go with it.

But if you're upset and worried about how your parents will react then it might be best to wait till you get older, out of the house and under your own roof before you open up to them about it.
But if you don't wanna keep it from them after you learn that you may not wanna be a Christian and you're still under their roof then break it to them gently, they should be loving and understand. It will probably disappoint them but they should understand.

I wish you lots of luck and if you ever need to discuss anything or ask for advice, feel free to pm me anytime.
Psyclon9nine
I might be wrong
There is no solid evidence against the existance or non-existance of a god. There are different theories that contradict eachother, but since none are proven there is no evidence one way or another. There is no evidence toward any polytheistic religion either, nor is there any evidence toward Buddhism or any religion in any way. The only stance that you can take and know that you will be 100% right is the stance of an agnostic, but that really doesn't get you anywhere closer to an answer. Atheism is a ridiculous stance to take because it is counter-productive. The goal of an atheist is to convince people that there is no meaning for human existance, which in the end is a worthless answer to a great question. In the end, any religious belief is equally great in my opinion. I choose to be a non-denominational christian with specific beliefs on the subject. I also practice Zazen every weekend. Religious practice is the only productive way to search for the answers to some of life's great questions. Agnosticism leaves you with nothing but the idea that you'll never know, Atheism leaves you with nothing but the idea that everything is wrong and life is meaningless, yet any religious faith leaves you with a positive mind-set and a genuine want to find REAL answers.

That is my personal take on the subject.

that all depends im an agnostic and i dont just sit there and say i dont know the way i see it is you should always keep both the fact that there might be a god and there might not be and do things logically without your mind being clouded by one side of the story or the other.

I know what you're saying, but it really isn't much different from my description of the lifestyle. An agnostic knows that there is no answer that can be proven and settles with that fact. In the end, an agnostic is somebody who doesn't know the answer to any of life's questions and is fine not knowing. An atheist thinks that there will never be an answer. A religious person understands that there is no definite answer, but is taking a step in one direction or another to try to find one.

I don't have anything against agnosticism or atheism, I just personally believe that the most productive way to spend life is done through some sort of practice, whether it be Christian, Buddhist, Taoist, Bon, or whatever.

Shadowy Rogue

3,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
You're concerned about proof with the occult, yet you're still arbitrarily searching for a religion to believe in? What's wrong with an honest "I don't know"?

EDIT: Lulz, necro.
FukUFag0t
2007 thread.

Dammit, I got excited gonk
Pork Weasels
lol
How the ******** did you bump a thread from 07, gaia has a block that prevents that.

Dapper Reveler

Avoid the cancer of religion

Think for yourself and not on some old doctrine. Seek your own truths and commune with the universe through your own means, not through the dogmatic restrictions of another.

Oh I see.

Played

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas