Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

preferably ones that have a mature sound to their singing (like for example, Kalafina and FictionJunction). I don't like groups that sound like a bunch of preteens and sing 'cutesy' songs.
peach tea latte
preferably ones that have a mature sound to their singing (like for example, Kalafina and FictionJunction). I don't like groups that sound like a bunch of preteens and sing 'cutesy' songs.

hmm, how 'bout SCANDAL?
im not sure if its youre taste though ><

Dangerous Member

7,500 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
User Image

Hmm, maybe try:
SCANDAL, Utada Hikaru, Kana Nishino, and Koda Kumi~~ ^^

User Image

Dapper Explorer

Meiko Waltz
User Image

Hmm, maybe try:

User Image

I said girl groups, not soloists. ><: The latter three are soloists (whom I have all listened to before). But I'll give SCANDAL a listening to.

Dangerous Member

7,500 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
peach tea latte
Meiko Waltz
User Image

Hmm, maybe try:

User Image

I said girl groups, not soloists. ><: The latter three are soloists (whom I have all listened to before). But I'll give SCANDAL a listening to.

User Image

O T L Ooppss... Sorry~ Umm, try Perfume if you want~ ( > - < ' )

User Image

Dapper Genius

i second the scandal recommendations (and to everyone that recommended them, you're all awesome).

but i would also add stereopony, flip, and negoto. halcali isn't bad either, but they're more hip-hop/rap.

Peaceful Humorist

13,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Friendly 100
Ever last and the scandals.

You'll never regret to hear this bands out!!!

whee
peach tea latte

See-Saw
Mami Kawada
Nami Tamaki
Ayumi Hamasaki
Nana Mizuki
T.M.Revolution
KOTOKO (though she does have a few cutesy songs)

2,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
damn, I was gonna recommend AKB48 but you don't like cutesey songs u_u
well I know SPEED is an older j-pop group but I haven't given them a listen (this thread actually mad e me remember them again). If you want a jrock band, there's Exist Trace which is all female although only one vocalist most of the time.
Claris and Mell come to mind... but I don't know if Mell is one person question ... and Claris is just two so I don't know if they fit your criteria.

But I wouldn't describe that style as cute. Claris seems more... bubbly. blaugh

Shy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Utada Hikaru!!
Alan Dawa Dolma.

Check Alan out, she is amazing.
EDIT: I see you want groups instead of solo.
I still say try Alan out, you might end up liking her. smile
Yousei Teikoku as well. Their a rock band with a female lead singer.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't really know any GROUPS that have that new age-y sound that Kalafina has because girl-groups in Japan are predicated on the idea of being "kawaii", so you'll be hard-pressed to find things outside of that. But I think that groups from 1970s/1980s Japan were a bit more sophisticated sounding and less sugary and nauseating than their contemporaries (ex: Candies, The Peanuts, Pink Lady). However, I do know groups and bands that have a female lead backed by male musicians. When you put a group of females together, it's usually always an idol group nowadays. I want to suggest ALI PROJECT or OOIOO, but those voices aren't exactly mature-sounding, are they?

I do like Zone, though. They have a mature sound.

P.S. Soloist Akiko Shikata makes Kalafina sound like AKB48, if you want to check her out. But if you're honestly looking for that mature feminine sound, it's easier to find a soloist or a male-dominated band fronted by a female.

Player

7,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
peach tea latte

HOME MADE KAZOKU, ONE OK ROCK, and UVERworld are some of my favorites. *cue British accent* They're certainly lovely~

Greedy Capitalist

ariMoshinai
HOME MADE KAZOKU, ONE OK ROCK, and UVERworld are some of my favorites. *cue British accent* They're certainly lovely~

Seconding these recommendations.

I'd say Tommy heavenly6 / the brilliant green.
Tokyo Jihen is good too.
MARIA, but they disbanded.

Japan has a better selection of solo artists though, tbh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff