Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Ladykiller

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
EDIT: It was suggested i turn this into a discussion. So, let's discuss this. Why are there people in the My Little Pony threads lately who are:
Rude,
Obnoxious,
Belittle and/or down people's ideas,
Purposely going out of their way to harass other bronies.

The movement against the Pony way of "Love and Tolerate all" needs to stop. If you are a true brony, you would:
Love,
Tolerate,
and Accept,
everyone's ideas and opinions.

You shouldn't be going into a thread and going against someone's idea if you don't care for it personally. You just move on to the next thread and NOT SAY ANYTHING if you don't agree.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH! ENOUGH of the rudeness! Enough if the childish belittling! Grow. Up. Obviously, your over 14, and should have some bit of maturity in you. Use it. All of you who feel the need to be childish, go somewhere else. I'm tired of it. Everyone else is tired of it.

Grow up, or go away.

WAY too many people in the MLP section of the forums here in Gaia are just too rude. No longer does anyone 'Love and Tolerate', or allowed their own opinion. It's down this or down that.

There needs to be a 'Black List' to separate the jerks from those who are polite.

So, this is to be the "OFFICIAL MY LITTLE PONY BLACK LIST".

Sure, there's gonna be an admin or two saying, "Your not allowed to discriminate like this." Well, I'm tired of the people who are just purposely going out of their way to be rude. I want to talk to those who are friendly only.

--I'm just seriously sick of the rude people. If identifying those who are rude is wrong, then I'm wrong, I'll admit to that. But pointing out those who are rude to people who are also sick and tired of the rude people like me, so we can avoid them, then I did my part in helping everyone.

Dangerous Ladykiller

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
Discuss:

Why do you think the Brony Community is being rude lately?

Loyal Gatekeeper

Going to be nice and saying this, you're just looking for trouble aren't you?

Dangerous Ladykiller

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
I-Iearts
Going to be nice and saying this, you're just looking for trouble aren't you?

Nope. I'm just seriously sick of the rude people. If identifying those who are rude is wrong, then I'm wrong, I'll admit to that. But pointing out those who are rude to people who are also sick and tired of the rude people like me, so we can avoid them, then I did my part in helping everyone.

Interesting Phantom

Hmm? I thought the 'love and tolerance' thing was a fanmade statement. I don't recall it ever being used in the actual show.

The general basis seems to follow that Friendship is magic and thus the key to resolving issues, I don't see how love and tolerance plays into that factor since none of the characters have used this as a lesson on screen.

Thieving Lover

Love and tolerate was never a stipulation to be part of the fandom. It is an anti-trolling tactic and that is all.

As for the blacklist itself, I can't remember the exact legality of it on Gaia, but public ones are frowned upon in the art shop forums. Especially when it turns out to be misunderstandings since it means no one wants to work with the accused even if they did nothing wrong.

If you're having trouble with people just block them. If they're really so bad, multiple people will realize it if they lurk the forum enough.

Omnipresent Loiterer

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
It might shock you to learn that this thread was moved, but let me explain why:

1) Threads about the MLP forum are not the same as threads about MLP. Threads about the forum tend to just be b***h threads where none of the problems are solved...just complained about. Not to mention that it encourages people to be upset at something, regardless of their stance on it (which is important for the next point).

2) Dictating who and who is not welcomed in the forum is kind of a d**k move, and is rude in and of itself. When you voice your opinion of someone, you indirectly force others to subconsciously make their own opinions of them. And if enough people jump on the "yeah, I don't like x" it then encourages others in the forum not to associate with them, whether they've done something wrong or not. Case in point, the issue with Gentlecolt. He'd pissed several people off, yes, and they had a right to say something, but there were also people cutting him down and making petty insults about him just because it was "what everyone else is doing."

Not really a point to why it was moved, but something that has already been noted and could stand to be explained is the fact that "love and tolerate" is not a message in the show, it was created as a way to troll people who hate the show, and contradicts itself in its message. Aside from the lack of connection to the show (which is obvious from the way Discord, Gilda, Trixie and Chrysallis were treated), there's also the simple fact that you are just not going to get along with everybody. Believe it or not, but "tolerance" does not mean "to force yourself to like something." It means "to put up with"...you don't even have to like it, you just don't hate it (for example, you tolerate the idea that people have different opinions and lifestyles than you do...it doesn't mean you HAVE to agree with them).

To end this long rant, I'll just say that you have to let people make their own opinions of others, instead of ostracizing people just because you particularly don't like them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games