Welcome to Gaia! ::

!!! Please check out the new Marketplace sticky for any and all information needed. !!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aerion
Navigation

*These will open in NEW windows

The very first thing you need to do before you can use the Marketplace, is to get a vending pass.
This can be purchased by hauling your butt to Gambino, and purchacing one at the Gambino Bank for 1000g.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now that you have a vending pass, you are free to buysell items as much as you want in the Marketplace.
To get to the Marketplace, exit back into Gambino Town, and click on the red building in the middle.

Low and behold, you are now in the Marketplace. Welcome. 3nodding

Now, I'm sure you're eager to set up your shop and start selling things and makin the big bucks!
To get to your personal shop, follow this link.

Here you will find two options:

User Image and User Image

"Edit Storefront" allows you to name your shop, and add a description of it as well.
"Place an Item for Sale" is pretty selfexplanitory... Click this to choose what items you want to sell in your shop.

Placing an Item for Sale

To place an item for sale, click the pulldown menu next to "Select an Unequipped Item to Sell"

Next, choose how you want to sell this item. You have three choices:

Both Bid and Buy: In this, you are allowed to have users bid gold for your item, while maintaining an "Auto buy" price that you can set. When time expires on the sale, if there is a standing bid, the item will automaticly be transfered to the highest bidder, and the gold directly deposited in your account. If there are no bids placed, the item will be returned to your inventory.

Buy Only: This allows you to set an item for a certain price; it will only be sold at that set price. If its not sold when the time the limit you set expires, the item will be placed back in your inventory.

Bid Only: This option allows you to have an item that can only be bid on. This is usualy best for large items that have the possibility of going over a possible auto buy. Again, if time on the auction expires before any bids are placed, the item will be placed back into your inventory.

Next is the Auction Duration

This is the time limit that your item will be in the Marketplace. Once it expires, the item will either be sold to the high bidder, or returned to your inventory.

Next, fill in the Buy Now and Bid Price fields.

The Buy Now Price field is where you put the price that the item can be purchased at. If it is an auction, it is the auto-buy price. Remember that you do not need to use commas, if you do only the numbers before it will be accepted. For example, 50,000 will be only 50.

The Starting Bid Price field is where you put the starting bid price of the item you are selling.

Last, is the Minimum Bid Increment

This is where (if you are holding an auction) you can set a minimum price that must be placed to increase the bid. If you set it to 100g, and your item is at 1000g, the next bid must be at least 1100g, and the following would have to be 1200g ext.

When finished filling out this form, click sell!
Your item is now for sale in the Marketplace!

General Guidelines For Using the Marketplace

arrow Try and price your items relative to other items if you wish to be competitive and able to sell your items quickly

arrow If you start an auction that has had bids on it for a period of time, dont cancel the auction and remake it because you dont like what the price is at. Instead set your minimum price to something that you're willing to accept.

arrow Dont advertise or post new threads that dont come from the marketplace in the Marketplace Discussion forum.

arrow DO NOT BUMP IN THIS FORUM! ITS USELESS!

Q: What is Gaia Marketplace?

A: Gaia Marketplace is a system for selling items through an efficient interface. You can sell items, buy items, auction items, etc. Because the Exchange forum is often difficult to use, this system has been put in place to compliment it. Please note that the Gaia Marketplace is not meant to replace the exchange or shops, and those features are not affected.

Q: We traded without the bank?!?

A: The Vending Feature automaticly trades the amount of gold that was bid for the item. No need to go to the bank.

Q: The auction is still going .. where's my gold?

A: When you make a bid, it takes your gold. That way, you will be able to pay for what you have bid on , thus guaranteeing the transaction to the seller.

Q: I just got a PM from Admin!?

A: The Gaia Marketplace has an automatic PM system. It will let you know when something has been bought or when an auction has expired.

Q: Why can I sell only 4 items?

A: Future versions of the Gaia Marketplace will include options for upgrading your store. For now, you are limited to 4 items to prevent flooding and abuse. If you are not able to sell at least 4 items, or if you can sell more than 4 items, please report it as a bug.

Q: When I sort by Last Bid, less items show up

A: When you sort by Last Bid, you don't see Buy Only items.

Q: Can I retract a bid?

A: No, one of the features of the vending system is that it guarantees that bids will be honored.

Q: My trading account has been banned!

A: The Gaia Marketplace checks to see if your bank trading account was deactivated. If it is, then you are also not allowed to use the Marketplace.
arrow Also, this might mean that you have not purchaced a vending pass from the bank yet.

Q: My store has been deactivated!

A: Yep, don't abuse Gaia Marketplace or your store will be deactivated by a moderator and all your items returned.
what the hell is all this crap
its a very useful topic for noobs like you

1,850 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
LORDOP

i think its some emo ranting on about the 'old' gaia.... when gambino was still alive crying i loved him!!!
Sly Zephyr
i am not a noob if u want to throw hands i will throw hands
LORDOP
Sly Zephyr
i am not a noob if u want to throw hands i will throw hands
monkeys rule
kioto_oosamaki
LORDOP

i think its some emo ranting on about the 'old' gaia.... when gambino was still alive crying i loved him!!!
r u gay
LORDOP
kioto_oosamaki
LORDOP

r u gay

YOU ARE not u r damnit. Lazy iliterate dirt children... *grumble*

Besides, you can love someone of your same gender and not be gay.

I think if all the stupid people on gaia exploded the forums would be a much happier place.
huh??? confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games