7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
Are they the same? State your opinion and why! XD
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?
Computers and Technology is a forum for people with technical questions, not opinion polls. Do your homework yourself. Don't bother us with it. Thanks.

Wealthy Smoker

GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?
Computers and Technology is a forum for people with technical questions, not opinion polls. Do your homework yourself. Don't bother us with it. Thanks.
oh your just a nerd, get your panties out of a bunch

Dangerous Wrangler

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

This IS a technical question, AND it does (indirectly) have to do with computers. I only added the opinion option so that this can be successfully debated. And there is no problem with me asking people that may know the answer. Isn't that how people learn by asking questions? If you feel offended by my topic post, then why did you post here to begin with? Thank you for showing your ignorance.
0o-Maximum Ride-o0
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

1. You say nerd like it's an insult.

2. You're too dumb to even properly say a common saying correctly.

3. He's absolutely right. There's a separate forum for this stuff.
TheMightyLeprechaun
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

This IS a technical question, AND it does (indirectly) have to do with computers. I only added the opinion option so that this can be successfully debated. And there is no problem with me asking people that may know the answer. Isn't that how people learn by asking questions? If you feel offended by my topic post, then why did you post here to begin with? Thank you for showing your ignorance.

Computers and Technology is a technical assistance forum. Not a discussion forum. If you don't have a technical question, this post doesn't belong in the Computers and Technology forum. Our forum rules (which you obviously neglected to read) clearly state that.

This isn't a technical question.

Dangerous Wrangler

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

Computers and Technology is a technical assistance forum. Not a discussion forum. If you don't have a technical question, this post doesn't belong in the Computers and Technology forum. Our forum rules (which you obviously neglected to read) clearly state that.

I just reviewed "your" forum's rules and I did not find anything that states that this topic cannot be in this forum. If YOU know where this goes, why don't you say it? It OBVIOUSLY does NOT belong in the Chatterbox forum because this is NOT a random question about your pantyhose. One reason why this topic CAN be in this forum is that of number generators. What else can generate numbers efficiently other than anything computer like or a human? Besides, I would think that anyone that knows computers well would know the difference between a number generator and a rolling dice method. As well, any forum is a discussion forum. How else does one learn unless a topic can be discussed?

Dangerous Wrangler

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
Aven Donn
0o-Maximum Ride-o0
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

1. To me, it doesn't sound like she is using nerd as an insult.

2. She is not dumb, nobody is (unless they are actually born retarded/mentally impaired), she may not know how the saying is actually said.

3. If he is in fact correct, then why doesn't he say where this goes? Why don't YOU say where this goes?
TheMightyLeprechaun
Aven Donn
0o-Maximum Ride-o0
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

2. She is not dumb, nobody is (unless they are actually born retarded/mentally impaired), she may not know how the saying is actually said.

3. If he is in fact correct, then why doesn't he say where this goes? Why don't YOU say where this goes?

1. Subjective opinion. Did I ever claim otherwise?

2. Nobody is dumb...? So how do we call people who have no serious mental problem or genetic problem, that are just plain lacking in knowledge and logical capability? Besides, that excuse is silly, considering you can just Google the saying and get the correct version.

3. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/c-t-tech-talk/f.91/

Oh that's right, it's too much to expect people to find the proper forum on their own. Science forbid they use their EYES to LOOK for SUBFORUMS.
TheMightyLeprechaun

It could go in our Tech Talk forum, but it's still against forum rules to help users with homework questions in there too. You could ask a mod to move the topic, but I doubt it'd gain very many replies. Tech talk is slower than Computers and Technology, and since your topic doesn't have any conceivable real-world application, it'll likely just fall off the first page without a reply. That's why I didn't recommend moving it.

Dedicated Man-Lover

9,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
TheMightyLeprechaun
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

I just reviewed "your" forum's rules and I did not find anything that states that this topic cannot be in this forum. If YOU know where this goes, why don't you say it? It OBVIOUSLY does NOT belong in the Chatterbox forum because this is NOT a random question about your pantyhose. One reason why this topic CAN be in this forum is that of number generators. What else can generate numbers efficiently other than anything computer like or a human? Besides, I would think that anyone that knows computers well would know the difference between a number generator and a rolling dice method. As well, any forum is a discussion forum. How else does one learn unless a topic can be discussed?
It's not a question asking for technical help on a specific subject. It's a question intending to spark conversation. Thus, goes in C&T:TT, not C&T. Even then, as Grim said, there's some limitations.

8,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

TheMightyLeprechaun
Besides, I would think that anyone that knows computers well would know the difference between a number generator and a rolling dice method.
If you already think you know the answer, why are asking the question?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJPn0b5AAoJEMco5sYyM+0wDAQH/iaELJmCGtklI2vJMfeEbkVQ
RGqVABEAyIZXXMYHQmUbmHA4I7tJXUj/c6QHtJvX2PIxbbxt33GsFjwpeURf34Gj
/Xz6Mq1VjivRe7gss9E5S/VDz5m/GH6Za9GsZLW5fYXY0nM17060McZv4wMEWAED
ASMITQoApG46cxdASM+bdsI0pF9/14+C6b+FTiNRhNxpUGx+PUwEMiWHayXLPx9l
2If0M+xtGZlYswdlfxOkUj+Q9btzg/q6CcNYmMPuFyUcdA7yObUvsE0CVrd469W4
RyfXEGebWU/Lttb0SgwfZX9pC2hvGtQjNPNb76ZbIAPu39uufiLNJEQOqgLBqak=
=g9p7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Dangerous Wrangler

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
Aven Donn
TheMightyLeprechaun
Aven Donn
0o-Maximum Ride-o0
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

Uh... what the hell?

1. Subjective opinion. Did I ever claim otherwise?

2. Nobody is dumb...? So how do we call people who have no serious mental problem or genetic problem, that are just plain lacking in knowledge and logical capability? Besides, that excuse is silly, considering you can just Google the saying and get the correct version.

3. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/c-t-tech-talk/f.91/

Oh that's right, it's too much to expect people to find the proper forum on their own. Science forbid they use their EYES to LOOK for SUBFORUMS.

I did not KNOW where to go so I posted it here, and thank you for showing me where to go!

Dangerous Wrangler

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
GrimFusion
TheMightyLeprechaun

It could go in our Tech Talk forum, but it's still against forum rules to help users with homework questions in there too. You could ask a mod to move the topic, but I doubt it'd gain very many replies. Tech talk is slower than Computers and Technology, and since your topic doesn't have any conceivable real-world application, it'll likely just fall off the first page without a reply. That's why I didn't recommend moving it.

This is NOT homework. And yes it DOES have real world applications. I was asking the question to better understand how money/weapons etc drops work in a game that I have. A game that claims to have 87 bazillion guns. And thus compare it to yet another game, (personal project).

Dangerous Wrangler

7,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Flatterer 200
Sitwon
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

TheMightyLeprechaun
Besides, I would think that anyone that knows computers well would know the difference between a number generator and a rolling dice method.
If you already think you know the answer, why are asking the question?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJPn0b5AAoJEMco5sYyM+0wDAQH/iaELJmCGtklI2vJMfeEbkVQ
RGqVABEAyIZXXMYHQmUbmHA4I7tJXUj/c6QHtJvX2PIxbbxt33GsFjwpeURf34Gj
/Xz6Mq1VjivRe7gss9E5S/VDz5m/GH6Za9GsZLW5fYXY0nM17060McZv4wMEWAED
ASMITQoApG46cxdASM+bdsI0pF9/14+C6b+FTiNRhNxpUGx+PUwEMiWHayXLPx9l
2If0M+xtGZlYswdlfxOkUj+Q9btzg/q6CcNYmMPuFyUcdA7yObUvsE0CVrd469W4
RyfXEGebWU/Lttb0SgwfZX9pC2hvGtQjNPNb76ZbIAPu39uufiLNJEQOqgLBqak=
=g9p7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

I DON"T know the answer! Why do you think I ask! Isn't that what people do?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games