Welcome to Gaia! ::

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Quote:
So, I have this friend who is afraid to try SS or (obviously) EB with strangers because it's her first time. She's not actually a "newb" or "n00b" or whatever. She's been playing a while, has every ring lvl 10 CL, etc. She's just never done a full SS/EB run. She had one bad experience her first time and pretty much gave up trying it with strangers (one reason I think you should HAVE TO finish the otami quest like in old days to get the underwater breathing thingy is so people can't just play PS over and over until they have enough 10 CL rings to go to GB and yell CREW ME FOR SS over and over and not listen or care).

SO ANYWAY

It got me thinking, maybe some of us who have been around a while could be like tutors or Guardian (Hell's) Angels or something and actively help people who really want to enjoy the game and save them from the awful first experiences I can only imagine most people are having these days with "smeb" and all this newfangled junk GET OFF MY LAWN *ahem*.

Any volunteers to be Marshall's Little Helpers or something? Who knows, maybe we could start a guild or clan or whatever crazy new things you kids are coming up with these days.

Also, my friend wants to do a run sometime Sunday or after. I don't know if she wants her name divulged on the forum, so I won't be giving it unless she wants it. So that is a more concrete thing and volunteers would be thanked a lot and made to feel like awesome people.

Respond or PM me or jump up and down and yell really hard if you're interested.

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mazelle
So, I have this friend who is afraid to try SS or (obviously) EB with strangers because it's her first time. She's not actually a "newb" or "n00b" or whatever. She's been playing a while, has every ring lvl 10 CL, etc. She's just never done a full SS/EB run. She had one bad experience her first time and pretty much gave up trying it with strangers (one reason I think you should HAVE TO finish the otami quest like in old days to get the underwater breathing thingy is so people can't just play PS over and over until they have enough 10 CL rings to go to GB and yell CREW ME FOR SS over and over and not listen or care).

SO ANYWAY

It got me thinking, maybe some of us who have been around a while could be like tutors or Guardian (Hell's) Angels or something and actively help people who really want to enjoy the game and save them from the awful first experiences I can only imagine most people are having these days with "smeb" and all this newfangled junk GET OFF MY LAWN *ahem*.

Any volunteers to be Marshall's Little Helpers or something? Who knows, maybe we could start a guild or clan or whatever crazy new things you kids are coming up with these days.

Also, my friend wants to do a run sometime Sunday or after. I don't know if she wants her name divulged on the forum, so I won't be giving it unless she wants it. So that is a more concrete thing and volunteers would be thanked a lot and made to feel like awesome people.

Respond or PM me or jump up and down and yell really hard if you're interested.

-WAVES-
HEY MAZELLE

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Part II of this thread because I didn't "reserve" space or whatever.

Origin:
Quote:
So, I have this friend who is afraid to try SS or (obviously) EB with strangers because it's her first time. She's not actually a "newb" or "n00b" or whatever. She's been playing a while, has every ring lvl 10 CL, etc. She's just never done a full SS/EB run. She had a bad experience her first time and pretty much gave up trying it with strangers (one reason I think you should HAVE TO finish the Otami quest like in the old days to get the underwater breathing thingy is so people can't just play PS over and over until they have enough 10 CL rings to go to GB and yell CREW ME FOR SS over and over and not listen or care *shakes cane*).

SO ANYWAY

Respond or PM me or jump up and down and yell really loud if you're interested.

The above friend has done two EB runs as of today 6/13/11 I know she's itching to do Hard smile several EB runs. She's like an EB junky! (not really, though.)
And we've helped others on their first and second tries.
Also some Otami quests and other junk I can't think of right now.

lulz are had. cool
Friends are made.
Come join us! We like you, we really like you!

We have a guild video maker! If she is on when you do your first EB run she will video it and show the world how much you fail rock!

---

.Archived for the history books.
We interrupt your normally scheduled forum post to bring you breaking news!
NERFPOCALYPSE UPDATE

[7/22/11 - Day 1] (reenactment of wall of posts) eek scream rolleyes xd User Image
[7/23/11 - Day 2] Blankets and water will be distributed upon request. And please do not use toilet paper to dry your hair. There is a shortage.
[7/24/11 - Day 3] We've run out of toilet paper.
[7/25/11 - Day 4] The toilet paper issue has been taken care of. The thief was caught.
However, I am afraid I have some bad news. As of 5PM EDT we have run out of BAWLS. Please remain calm. We are dealing with the situation.

Pie Hard Event Thread

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Mazelle
So, I have this friend who is afraid to try SS or (obviously) EB with strangers because it's her first time. She's not actually a "newb" or "n00b" or whatever. She's been playing a while, has every ring lvl 10 CL, etc. She's just never done a full SS/EB run. She had a bad experience her first time and pretty much gave up trying it with strangers (one reason I think you should HAVE TO finish the Otami quest like in the old days to get the underwater breathing thingy is so people can't just play PS over and over until they have enough 10 CL rings to go to GB and yell CREW ME FOR SS over and over and not listen or care *shakes cane*).

SO ANYWAY

Respond or PM me or jump up and down and yell really loud if you're interested.

I actualy agree with you that this could work. I mean I help people in other areas so would be willing to help when I can.

Dangerous Genius

Marshall's Little Helpers??!! rofl rofl rofl

Oh, you should reserve that name now, before someone snipes it away from you.

Personally not interested in a clan right now, but it's certainly a fine idea. Newbies sometimes need a little nudge in the right direction. (Noobs, on the other hand, often need a swift kick)

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Thard_Verad

Marshall's Little Helpers??!! rofl rofl rofl

Oh, you should reserve that name now, before someone snipes it away from you.

Personally not interested in a clan right now, but it's certainly a fine idea. Newbies sometimes need a little nudge in the right direction. (Noobs, on the other hand, often need a swift kick)

Yeah. I don't like clans so much because you can only join one and it's not like clan chat works anyway, so guilds are (for the moment) just as good, if not better.
I think I might go make that guild now LOL

WaltDisneyHearts

I actualy agree with you that this could work. I mean I help people in other areas so would be willing to help when I can.

Cool!

I don't really know how we'd go about doing this aside from having the thread open to anyone who wanted to do their first EB run with us... or hanging around GB which sounds kind of boring. We can discuss the logistics.

Would you join a guild if I made one? (I'll make a poll for this too, I guess.)

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I dont know the logistics of it either. But we could work it out.

Mega Hoarder

Nice idea! I've only done eb 3 times, because I had such a bad expereience the first time I tried with a random crew. I'd really like to do it again, but it seems most of my friends are never available. rolleyes

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
RafiCat
Nice idea! I've only done eb 3 times, because I had such a bad expereience the first time I tried with a random crew. I'd really like to do it again, but it seems most of my friends are never available. rolleyes

I totally understand.
I was fortunate to have been playing back when a lot of people were doing EB for the first time so it was a friendlier environment. I want that back.
Now it's all "MOAR GOLD" and people running around and not listening. I've had so many bad crews. If I hadn't done EB so many times I can only imagine I would just give up on it.

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
WaltDisneyHearts

The only thing I was thinking in terms of logistics is that on someone's first run we should do Easy. That way there's time to talk and not worry about being killed and they can see the map and see directions, etc. Especially if there is more than one person who is new to SS/EB in the crew.

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

The only thing I was thinking in terms of logistics is that on someone's first run we should do Easy. That way there's time to talk and not worry about being killed and they can see the map and see directions, etc. Especially if there is more than one person who is new to SS/EB in the crew.

I agree on that one. Also teach them how to do a proper buff check and how to work as a team. Maybe for the first time no mob so they can actually look around?

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
WaltDisneyHearts
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

I agree on that one. Also teach them how to do a proper buff check and how to work as a team. Maybe for the first time no mob so they can actually look around?

Oh yeah. Definitely. There could even be like one mob to show them how mobbing happens, but like only in one spot or -- now I'm getting crazy -- but if we did like a second run, like now they're Sophomores (lol) then there's some mobbing. Wow, ideas are sort of percolating now. lol

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

Oh yeah. Definitely. There could even be like one mob to show them how mobbing happens, but like only in one spot or -- now I'm getting crazy -- but if we did like a second run, like now they're Sophomores (lol) then there's some mobbing. Wow, ideas are sort of percolating now. lol

Maybe. But weapon check and make sure they know how to do the switches.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

Quote:
She's just never done a full SS/EB run. She had a bad experience her first time and pretty much gave up trying it with strangers (one reason I think you should HAVE TO finish the Otami quest like in the old days to get the underwater breathing thingy is so people can't just play PS over and over until they have enough 10 CL rings to go to GB and yell CREW ME FOR SS over and over and not listen or care *shakes cane*).

HEAR HEAR. gonk

I'm always happy to help a newb who listens. Presumably if they signed up for help, they would be willing to listen. 3nodding Throwing my name into the hat!

Militant Humorist

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
WaltDisneyHearts

Maybe. But weapon check and make sure they know how to do the switches.

Yes. Definitely a must.

Anyone else wants to chime in with ideas, please don't be shy. biggrin
Newbs too. If, say, you had some problems or specific things that were confusing or things you got yelled at by crappy crews about. Or people who've done it a lot - anyone really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff