Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Player

13,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
This would be a great help. I've been playing since the open Beta began back in 2008. I still haven't finished EB because the crews I'm in all disband, get bored, or just plain suck. I had actually never been beyond the seahorse tail until April.

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

Maybe. But weapon check and make sure they know how to do the switches.

Yes. Definitely a must.

Anyone else wants to chime in with ideas, please don't be shy. biggrin
Newbs too. If, say, you had some problems or specific things that were confusing or things you got yelled at by crappy crews about. Or people who've done it a lot - anyone really.

Just typed a possible mini guide in the guild.

Militant Humorist

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
xYAOIx
This would be a great help. I've been playing since the open Beta began back in 2008. I still haven't finished EB because the crews I'm in all disband, get bored, or just plain suck. I had actually never been beyond the seahorse tail until April.

Oh god I know! It's ridiculous.

That reminds me, another thing is people should probably have time set aside. I've had people wanting to do EB and then saying "I only have 15 minutes". I'm like talk2hand

Militant Humorist

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
WaltDisneyHearts
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

Yes. Definitely a must.

Newbs too. If, say, you had some problems or specific things that were confusing or things you got yelled at by crappy crews about. Or people who've done it a lot - anyone really.

I saw that. Awesome!

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

Yes. Definitely a must.

I saw that. Awesome!

Just trying to help out.

Sweetheart

16,300 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This is great. Thanks for the guild invite. I was actually going to make a thread to try to get together a group for quest helpers. Like you, I did all of Zomg back in the beginning and it was fun. But a while ago I made a mule to go through and play it all again. I have been trying to do EB on that account for three months, and haven't gotten it at all. I am to the point where I am ready to give up. In that time I have had the worst time trying to find a crew that won't disband, people vanish, people mob, people don't listen, etc. I know there are a lot of frustrated players out there who can't get the EB quest because of it.

On a side note, I have also noticed that going through the entire game with the mule that it's very hard to get people to help with certain other quests. Like Duneslam and killing the Preda Commander, etc. So you might consider offering help with some of those things too.

The way I was going to do it was to have a list of helpers and the time they are usually on, and have a small form with large red letters that the person in need could fill out as to what quest they need help with and what server they are on. That way if a helper was on they could check the thread and see who needs help. And I was going to make it clear that don't ask for help if you don't have time to do the quest, and don't ask us to help you farm anything. Just a thought...you certainly don't have to do it!

Overall I wholeheartedly agree that the feeling and fun that the game originally provided needs to come back. Especially with doing EB. Because it is a fun quest if it's done right, but not if you invest all the time and then half your crew bails towards the end...or if you are new and don't know what you're doing and no one takes time to explain properly.

Militant Humorist

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
This is great. Thanks for the guild invite. I was actually going to make a thread to try to get together a group for quest helpers. Like you, I did all of Zomg back in the beginning and it was fun. But a while ago I made a mule to go through and play it all again. I have been trying to do EB on that account for three months, and haven't gotten it at all. I am to the point where I am ready to give up. In that time I have had the worst time trying to find a crew that won't disband, people vanish, people mob, people don't listen, etc. I know there are a lot of frustrated players out there who can't get the EB quest because of it.

On a side note, I have also noticed that going through the entire game with the mule that it's very hard to get people to help with certain other quests. Like Duneslam and killing the Preda Commander, etc. So you might consider offering help with some of those things too.

The way I was going to do it was to have a list of helpers and the time they are usually on, and have a small form with large red letters that the person in need could fill out as to what quest they need help with and what server they are on. That way if a helper was on they could check the thread and see who needs help. And I was going to make it clear that don't ask for help if you don't have time to do the quest, and don't ask us to help you farm anything. Just a thought...you certainly don't have to do it!

Overall I wholeheartedly agree that the feeling and fun that the game originally provided needs to come back. Especially with doing EB. Because it is a fun quest if it's done right, but not if you invest all the time and then half your crew bails towards the end...or if you are new and don't know what you're doing and no one takes time to explain properly.

First of all, welcome and glad to have you!

I love the idea of having people who help with every quest. I've noticed most people seem to be either doing PS or those SS runs that usually end horribly.

I helped one person do Hive their first time and it was so fun and they were so greatful. This is super corny - but I totally felt awesome after.
We don't have to be limited to EB. Like, say some of us are on and feel like running around looking for people who need help doing anything. That sounds like fun to me. biggrin

Sweetheart

16,300 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
biggrin Great! You know the one major thing I have noticed on Gaia that has changed over the years is that people just don't help each other like they used to...not on any aspect of the site. And I think that every time someone helps another person just in the spirit of kindness that it perpetuates...so it's totally not corny to feel great for helping someone else. You're doing a good thing, and you should feel good about it.

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I also agree that it should be for all quests and areas. There are times when I get no responses from the beach that I go help people in Otami or somewhere else.

Militant Humorist

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
And I think that every time someone helps another person just in the spirit of kindness that it perpetuates....

I love this sentiment so much. heart

Militant Humorist

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
WaltDisneyHearts
I also agree that it should be for all quests and areas. There are times when I get no responses from the beach that I go help people in Otami or somewhere else.

Cool!

I'm hoping more people get interested. I know it's early for a lot of people. Some are still sleeping.

Friendly Member

10,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Mazelle
WaltDisneyHearts

Cool!

I'm hoping more people get interested. I know it's early for a lot of people. Some are still sleeping.

Well I should be sleeping as its120am here. So going to sleep soon so may not post here any more tonight.

Sweetheart

16,300 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
2:21 here. But I will be on for a while...although I will probably switch to the mule soon, I am doin my DC's.

Dapper Gaian

15,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
instead of just a eb/ss one maybe a help the noob forum where we help in any part of the game, i think this would be more benifical

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Ever since I've finished the game, I'm always looking forward to people calling me back into the game and I've been called on to help with many people's SS attempts time and time again so I'd love to be a part of this! 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff