Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
I want to visit it there so bad. It might now be so bad to live there though sweatdrop
I'd rather not to be honest, maybe a holiday.

I know if I go there for real the image I have painted of the place in my imagination would be shattered by reality. </3

Toothsome Perfectionist

I'm only casually interested in anime thanks to my interest in Japan. In the next few years I'm
    going to try to take some teaching degrees and a Japanese Language qualification so I would
    be able to go and teach English in Japan. I'd actually be happy to visit anywhere in East Asia,
    but it's more to do with language constraints than anything else. I mean, China would be a good
    place to live for a while, but the language would be impossible for me to learn. Korea would be
    nice as well, but I don't really know all that much about it.

8,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I've always wanted to 3nodding

5,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

"I won't let it xt a k e xy o u . You're my xh o s t a g e ."
- - -
Anime isn't exactly has hailed in Japan as it is in America, so if you think it's an Otaku paradise, it's not.
And I wouldn't really say I want to live there.
However, I think going to Japan would be a very neat experience.

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
..............................................................................................................................................

I wouldn't mind staying for a couple years just to have some time to see all the sites and things. I wouldn't want to live there though especially in the city too cramped for me besides I'll probably die on the subway train being smooshed to death. gonk

...............................................................................................................................................

Partying Gekko

Ive always wanted to live in Japan 3nodding

Bashful Exhibitionist

17,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't really want to live there. I'd like to study at one of their universities though.

Shirtless Wrangler

8,350 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Not so much as live, but I just want to visit the Gundam statues, and that tesujin statue too biggrin
xMuzaix
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

"I won't let it xt a k e xy o u . You're my xh o s t a g e ."
- - -
Anime isn't exactly has hailed in Japan as it is in America, so if you think it's an Otaku paradise, it's not.
And I wouldn't really say I want to live there.
However, I think going to Japan would be a very neat experience.

Really? When I went there, there was anime EVERYWHERE.
The difference is that for them it's "just anime" and use it as advertising for everything while we actually treat it as something exotic and different.

OT: I think we should rename this thread "Are you a weeaboo".
Japan's not that great. They have the best technology ever, even if the prices are insane.
But ******** their subway system. I think they made it to intentionally confuse tourists.
And they're really xenophobic too. If you're not Japanese, prepare for some rudeness from a few strangers.
Also, they smoke too much. I'm one of the few that don't mind the smell (I actually like it...), but there are cigarette butts EVERWHERE, it's disgusting.

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I think all of them 4laugh

5,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Ferrie
Really? When I went there, there was anime EVERYWHERE.
The difference is that for them it's "just anime" and use it as advertising for everything while we actually treat it as something exotic and different.

Japan's not that great. They have the best technology ever, even if the prices are insane.
But ******** their subway system. I think they made it to intentionally confuse tourists.
And they're really xenophobic too. If you're not Japanese, prepare for some rudeness from a few strangers.
Also, they smoke too much. I'm one of the few that don't mind the smell (I actually like it...), but there are cigarette butts EVERWHERE, it's disgusting.

That's just from what I've heard from friends that have been there.
Their experience must've been different.

Toothsome Perfectionist

Ferrie

I disagree. I, and lots of others, want to go to Japan because I'm learning the language seriously
    and I want to live somewhere wildly different to where I currently do. I'm not going to be moving
    there for anime or because I think it's some kind of paradise. :/ I'm well aware of the way they
    treat foreigners and have some odd notion that they're the only country that has four seasons and
    that foreigners can't speak Japanese or eat their food, and that they smell and all they're interested
    in foreigners for is practising English and trying sex with them to boast to people that they have a
    gaijin friend. And the whole bike thing where the police assume every foreigner is a criminal. But I
    want to live in a country where I'm going to have to live with a £50,000 debt thanks to university for
    the rest of my life.

Caerthakatha
Ferrie

I disagree. I, and lots of others, want to go to Japan because I'm learning the language seriously
    and I want to live somewhere wildly different to where I currently do. I'm not going to be moving
    there for anime or because I think it's some kind of paradise. :/ I'm well aware of the way they
    treat foreigners and have some odd notion that they're the only country that has four seasons and
    that foreigners can't speak Japanese or eat their food, and that they smell and all they're interested
    in foreigners for is practising English and trying sex with them to boast to people that they have a
    gaijin friend. And the whole bike thing where the police assume every foreigner is a criminal. But I
    want to live in a country where I'm going to have to live with a £50,000 debt thanks to university for
    the rest of my life.

I understood everything up to here, and then you just lost me.

And as for the thread, it's the way it's worded.
"How many anime fans want to live in Japan" implies that their interest/information solely comes from anime.
So yeah, I stick by my weaboo comment thing.

Toothsome Perfectionist

Ferrie
Caerthakatha
Ferrie

the rest of my life.

I understood everything up to here, and then you just lost me.

And as for the thread, it's the way it's worded.
"How many anime fans want to live in Japan" implies that their interest/information solely comes from anime.
So yeah, I stick by my weaboo comment thing.

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant to write 'I don't want to...' but when I went back and edited, it got
    lost. Happens all the time when I'm moving words to a new line. Sorry for the confusion. I should
    really re-read my posts to avoid this. xD

Just in case it was the comment itself that was confusing: in the UK, universities are now charging
    £9,000 a year for courses. Which continues to inflate for the rest of your life. I want to go to a
    university in Japan so I don't have to suffer the exorbitant prices to get an education. It would
    be cheaper to move to another country entirely, go to university there and I could even possibly
    get an apprenticeship in teaching or business while I study. Over here there aren't many chances
    to get an apprenticeship involving Japanese, unless you're lucky and you know people who
    work in some of the Japanese manufacturers. >_<

I think it was just the way you said to change this entire thread's name to refer to weeaboos.
    I guess it was because it was including everybody in this change and it would render those
    wanting to travel there for legitimate purposes outside brightly coloured cartoons as otaku.
    I'm quite sensitive when it comes to weeaboos because I don't want to be associated with
    them. I go to conventions and look for stuff, I enjoy watching one or two programs and trying
    cosplay, but I don't want to be grouped with the people who think Japan is paradise and the
    Japanese are anime characters in real life. If you understand what I mean. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games