Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aekea Bunny

I don't see how anyone would be against language option. Especially when it would benefit others who are not good with English.

I think the easiest would be translating the buttons, as they have basic things like "avatar" "home" "reply" excreta. The most difficult would be the rules and TOS, which I think the Gaia International forum can help with that.

Firestarter

17,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Wow. Why is there so much HATE for a good idea?

i may not use it, but it would be interesting if they took the time to have it coded and have the main site features translated professionally.

Also - [Chocolate Apple], that argument is bullhonky and borderline racist. Please do not make posts like that when we have a nice international audience giving Gaia money. stare

Shameless Rogue

tienes razón

y podrían dividir el foro internacional entre las diversas idiomas

(sorry if my spanish is poor. there's not too much opportunity to practise it where i live)
Wish it could become true.
Gracias. Ty, don't forget to vote.

Romantic Lover

12,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
★ ☆ςαяo мίo βєи
ςяє∂ίмί αℓмєи☆★

Mida, ojala que Gaia puede hacer eso... Pero como otras personas estaba diciendo, hay mas de 6 mil idiomas. Si ellos van a hacerlo solos, ellos van a gastar mucho dinero y tiempo.

Pero si lo hacen como Facebook que otros personas lo hacen, como los users... Tienen mas posibilidades.

Un día, eso puede pasar... Yo quiero tener el opción a poner Gaia en español porque me da la gana. Hay días que mi facebook es en ingles. Y días que no. Pero eso va a tomar mucho tiempo.

★ ☆Sєиzα ∂ί τє
ℓαиğύίsςє ίℓ ςoя☆★

User Image
American site.

No.
Bad idea. The forums would be a huge mess if we had multiple language support. Threads in English would start getting replies in Chinese and people would get annoyed and confused, it would be extremely hard to keep up with what's going on and it would be more of an annoyance than anything else. We've got Gaia International for that already. No no no no.
I think having the option of buttons in some languages could be a good first step.

7,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Alois Trancy -Spider-
American site.

No.

Facebook's an American site too. And yet I have the option of having it in damn near every language on earth.

Just because it's an American site doesn't mean it automatically has to be in English and only English.
Izzy Van Helsing
Alois Trancy -Spider-
American site.

No.

Facebook's an American site too. And yet I have the option of having it in damn near every language on earth.

Just because it's an American site doesn't mean it automatically has to be in English and only English.
If you're going to get on an American site why not know English?

7,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Alois Trancy -Spider-
Izzy Van Helsing
Alois Trancy -Spider-
American site.

No.

If you're going to get on an American site why not know English?

I'm not saying they shouldn't know English. But let's face it- sometimes the TOS and rules and guidelines can be a little confusing, especially if English isn't your first language. Having those sorts of things available in other languages would prevent confusion for users that speak something other than English as their first language.

There's really no good reason not to have it available in other languages, aside from the fact that gaia doesn't have the resources at the moment.

Inquisitive Astronomer

12,850 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Party Animal 100
carbonphyber
Grissom Greg Nick
We'd like to have the chance of surfing Gaia in other languages like Facebook. Por favor, lo necesitamos.
That would be neat.

For those of you comparing "Localized / Internationalized sites" to Facebook, please understand that Facebook's translated versions were actually translated by users. In this way, Facebook's internationalized site is a very special. Other sites that try to internationalize spend an enormous amount of money and development resources translating.

I'd like to see a 'Translate' Option for posts.

Kawaii Shoujo

19,250 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Soarin`
carbonphyber
Grissom Greg Nick
We'd like to have the chance of surfing Gaia in other languages like Facebook. Por favor, lo necesitamos.
That would be neat.

For those of you comparing "Localized / Internationalized sites" to Facebook, please understand that Facebook's translated versions were actually translated by users. In this way, Facebook's internationalized site is a very special. Other sites that try to internationalize spend an enormous amount of money and development resources translating.

I'd like to see a 'Translate' Option for posts.

But people can already translate in posts. o.o How would a translate option for posts be different than going into International and asking someone to translate something?
    i dont think many gaians speak afrikaans. if gaia were to do something like this, they'd need to do a survery of the top languages spoken on gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get Items
    Get Gaia Cash
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff
    Gaia's Games