Welcome to Gaia! ::

We'd like to have the chance of surfing Gaia in other languages like Facebook. Por favor, lo necesitamos.

Star Trainer

20,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
You can suggest it in the Site Feedback forum.
Wish this could become true one far day.

Shopper

15,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
"We?"

This is an American website, so it's English. Reading it in my own language would feel like Neopets. Plus, this is Gaia and NOT Facebook.

Please go to the Site Feedback Forum is you have suggestions for Gaia.
maybe someday there will be dedicated global servers
smile Yup, global Gaia would be perfect.
We deserve it.
blaugh We can bring more members with language option.

6,150 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Umm. Please don't douple-triple post like that. Obviously, the topic has been moved nw, and it seems not a many people are agreeing, or you're presenting things in a way many people don't really care for. </critic mode>

I thought we already did?

Kawaii Shoujo

19,250 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Sorry, no. It'll be too much hassle for the staff to constantly update stuff in different languages. Plus, there's over 6,500 languages in the world. If Gaia chose to translate the site in only a few languages (such as Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese), guess what? There will be people whose language are not on the list demanding that their language be added, too.

If you want to communicate with people in your own native language, there's the Gaia International forum for that.

Vicious Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
No. As the user above me said, it'd take too much time plus there are 6500 languages. Not to mention a server costs thousands of dollars and it would be impractical for them to have one for every language. And the space it would required to house those servers.

Timid Stalker

8,650 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50

This isn't facebook. Moreover, Facebook is an international site. Gaia is an American site.
Also, it wouldn't translate the forum posts. :/

Which I believe is why they added the international forum.
I'm going to burn this mother ******** down!

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Grissom Greg Nick
We'd like to have the chance of surfing Gaia in other languages like Facebook. Por favor, lo necesitamos.
That would be neat.

For those of you comparing "Localized / Internationalized sites" to Facebook, please understand that Facebook's translated versions were actually translated by users. In this way, Facebook's internationalized site is a very special. Other sites that try to internationalize spend an enormous amount of money and development resources translating.

Sparkling Wolf

19,450 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Beta Critic 0
[Chocolate Apple]
"We?"

This is an American website, so it's English. Reading it in my own language would feel like Neopets. Plus, this is Gaia and NOT Facebook.

Please go to the Site Feedback Forum is you have suggestions for Gaia.

So what. America doesn't consist of only 1 language. There are many people here who speak more than one language. And considering that this site is accessible throughout the world, it would only be fair to have the option of viewing it in different languages.

Don't knock the option just because it can't happen in the next 2 weeks or years. Its still possible and someday perhaps it'll be a reality.

Hallowed Shapeshifter

14,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Not all ghosts are nice and white,

~
Mmmmm.... I really could careless either way. Just so long as I can read stuff, Im happy.

Though, in the mean time, might I suggest maybe a tool bar or something that can automatically translate the page for you?

True, not everything will convert, and other things would be wonky... but atleast its a start.

Tis what I used to go look at the Chinese sister site when that was big.
~

Some are twisted and black.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games