Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Cat

I think other fellow ocd as hell gaians would agree with me, that its just the most upsetting thing on gaia whenever something is too glitchy for you to use. Even if its the tiniest hidden green goo, it just absolutely drives you nuts, but not being able to use something cause of it drives you even more nuts. It seems like its the last thing on the totem pole to fix on gaia. Granted, there are bigger issues to mess with, but instead of updating stuff we don't want updated all the time they should fix a lot of those item issues. Whether it be green goo glitches we report in the avi bugs thread, or hair that just can't stop glitching with hats, or whatever else there is, it should get fixed sooner. I'm not saying gaia doesn't fix this stuff, it just seems its the stuff that takes months or years to get done. And again, I understand there are bigger things on the totem pole to take care of, but maybe they could just take a friday or two here or there, just a day or two every few weeks to take on all those avi glitches and make us avi lovers a little bit happier. I mean it is an avatar site after all, and items are a big part of gaia.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
It'd be pointless. There's already a team (albeit I think a small one) dedicated to fixing avatar glitches.

Magical Cat

User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

Well if they dedicated one whole day out of a week, maybe they'd get more of the glitches fixed much sooner than normal.

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████

Angelic Healer

This matter has already been addressed. Frequently Mentioned Issues Sticky

Shut down the site for a week to fix everything!
Quote:
Gaia works on a coding system that is almost like a breathing being; you cannot kill the entire thing to see why the heart and lungs do not work. If the site is down for an extended period of time, we would not be able to see why features do not work because they would not be used, which defeats the purpose of actively testing and using these features to fix them.
Threads asking for this will be recycled.

They're actually more generous giving a week...

Magical Cat

A mali
This matter has already been addressed. Frequently Mentioned Issues Sticky

Shut down the site for a week to fix everything!
Quote:
Gaia works on a coding system that is almost like a breathing being; you cannot kill the entire thing to see why the heart and lungs do not work. If the site is down for an extended period of time, we would not be able to see why features do not work because they would not be used, which defeats the purpose of actively testing and using these features to fix them.
Threads asking for this will be recycled.

They're actually more generous giving a week...
User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

That sounds to me like its addressing more big time bugs with the site, not little item glitches that go unfixed which I don't think they need to shut down the site for fixing. Seeing as there's a thread where we tell them exact specifics of what and what item poses make a glitch

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████

Timid Lover

11,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Love Machine 150
They still haven't fixed some nude glitches from 2007. gonk
edit: Actually I think it was 2006. *shrugs*

Toothsome Treasure

I would rather they have an actual person you can report to again. The person we used to have left, and now the glitch report is run by an NPC. So essentially it's whoever has some free time can fix that s**t, not someone designated to doing that. Glitches take away from the experience of the site, layering issues and green goo ruining a look you work hard to achieve, and having a real person who is designated to fix them would make us feel like they're worth reporting.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
The Magnificent Unsu
I would rather they have an actual person you can report to again. The person we used to have left, and now the glitch report is run by an NPC. So essentially it's whoever has some free time can fix that s**t, not someone designated to doing that. Glitches take away from the experience of the site, layering issues and green goo ruining a look you work hard to achieve, and having a real person who is designated to fix them would make us feel like they're worth reporting.

Well, the person who used to fix s**t was mainly Juno. :< But no one ever appreciated the work she did. Also, when changes were made sometimes she'd get flamed. So it makes sense that there's a NPC now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff