Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does Gaia have the staff to be able to handle support issues in Spanish and all the other languages? Maybe, but probably not. This is why it is a forum where English is the rule.

I know there's the Gaia International forum where there are threads where you can speak Spanish, plus I'm sure there are a bunch of guilds out there. :3 And in the Gaia International Forum Sticky, it says that you need to make the reports in English, even if the offending post is in x, y, or z language, so that the mods can all take care of any problems that crop up. ^^

This really pisses me off. GAIA IS AN AMERICAN website. I am so sick of all the illegal aliens from mexico crapping up my country as it is, I dont need this s**t on Gaia either. Why the hell does everything have to be bilingual? I find it incredibly messed up and racist that everything has to be in spanish, when there are alot of other nationalities, and Lanzer is from hong kong and Gaia is anime based, so if anything this site should and probably would be bilingual in an asian language before it hit spanish. I'm half spanish [not mexican] and yes I can speak spanish but I was raised in a mostly english home, instead of demanding things be in YOUR language why not think of all the people around the world who use english as a second language in their country and know how to speak it already.

Mireie
There are no mules O_o

Bump heart

No?

Grissom Greg Nick
Grissom Greg
Grissom Nick

Coinkydink of names, you think? Obviously the second two are mules, especially since they are both doing "yes sir!" to the first one each time the first one posts.

Fail.
Death-has-a-name
Please don't bump your thread unless it has fallen off the front page. rolleyes

Why Spanish? Why not Italian, Portuguese, French, German, Russian, Mexican or Irish?
If Gaia does one language then the SF will be mobbed with "BAW BAW WHY DO SPANISH? WHY NO ITALIAN?" ext. And it'll cost a lot of time and money to turn every word on the site into different languages.

Because all the hispanics want everyone to speak Spanish these days and don't want to learn any other language? confused

I do have to agree with ya, especially knowing SF. Honestly it would take time, money, effort, etc.. which Gaia dosen't have much of as of late. Also why Spanish only? confused If one language is made you need all the other's too. Plus were not Neopets or Facebook. We don't really need all the languages (wheter it would be nice or not...) Reason why I say that is becuase it would be better (if they really wanted to implimit it...) to have it at the beginning of Gaia. And if I haven't said it already we would need Mods/people in General woh Gaia would hire to nkow the lanbuage well enough. And that would cost time & money which Gaia says they don't have. =_= and don't bump your thread with you and your mules. You honestly look more like an idiot by using your two mules and your main account by "supporting" your idea.
Btw, dude, you can always create Spanish threads when you want. I've seen plenty around, but as I can't speak Spanish I generally ignore them.

Because this is a FORUM website you can have whatever language you want in threads. But if the majority of threads happen to be in English, so be it. And since the staff of Gaia speaks English, that's the language that you're going to see for announcements, manga, etc. You can always run announcements through a translator (not that any of the online ones are very good) to understand them, if English is an issue. Obviously you speak English well enough to make this this thread, so THAT isn't an issue.

I really don't see the issue. Any user can create a thread in any language he/she wants, so how is language on this site a problem? And don't say it's because it isn't the majority language, because it will never be, not as long as Gaia is based in the U.S.
Mais je pense que il y a plus francophones que hispanophone qui a des ordinateurs... Je suis en plaisantant!

[:

Anyways, I don't see how browsing a site in English is so difficult. I mean, its not like you have to be fluent in English or something to browse the site, and there is no rule that one must speak English in the forums. Don't players make translations and post them for the quests/zOMG? I've seen that done for other MMOs.
Bulma Vegeta
Btw, dude, you can always create Spanish threads when you want. I've seen plenty around, but as I can't speak Spanish I generally ignore them.

Because this is a FORUM website you can have whatever language you want in threads. But if the majority of threads happen to be in English, so be it. And since the staff of Gaia speaks English, that's the language that you're going to see for announcements, manga, etc. You can always run announcements through a translator (not that any of the online ones are very good) to understand them, if English is an issue. Obviously you speak English well enough to make this this thread, so THAT isn't an issue.

I really don't see the issue. Any user can create a thread in any language he/she wants, so how is language on this site a problem? And don't say it's because it isn't the majority language, because it will never be, not as long as Gaia is based in the U.S.

Exactly! and think about all the other people around the world outside of the U.S who speak english? Philipino's, British, Canadians, Asians,ect. English is a major world wide language, spanish is not. My family comes from puerto rico, and they all speak more english then spanish lol.

Gaia should fix the problems it has now before trying this out.
can't stand why happened this

9,450 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PonchoEXE

Oh, what's this? This thread is now in the recycle bin... where it really belongs.

100% you right my friend, and 100% right decision from the ones who decided to bring to recicle.

sily propositions + silly way to claim for them only deserver this place.
------------
Totamente de acuerdo contigo, y totalmente de aqcuerdo con quien ddecidio poner el thread en la papelera.

proposiciones tontas + tontas maneras de reclamarlas solo merecen este lugar.
Dissapointed with Gaia
can't stand why they think that.
Bulma Vegeta
Mireie
There are no mules O_o

Bump heart

No?

Grissom Greg Nick
Grissom Greg
Grissom Nick

Coinkydink of names, you think? Obviously the second two are mules, especially since they are both doing "yes sir!" to the first one each time the first one posts.

Fail.

Grissom told me that, those Grissom are a kind of team who likes CSI and especially this character. Grissom Greg Nick it's the one who likes playing Gaia and the others are just other people who likes Gaia but they are no looking for items etc...

----------------------------------------------------

Er... we don't want just Gaia in Spanish, i mean there are a lot of other languages that rhey're talked in Gaia. But this post it's just an idea to improve.

And personally if I wanted to do Gaia in other languages it's because there are a lot of beginners who don't know English, likes Gaia, but they can't play because of that.

My native languages are Spanish and French, so I don't care reading and writting in English, I do my best to improve it.

6,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
iiRainy
No.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers