Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Rogue

13,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Popular Thread 100
Gaia can easily do this, as hiring a translator would be as simple as giving 50 bucks to the landscaper.

Meanwhile, a Spanish-only forum would suffice. They'd need to station a biligual mod there, though.

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Edward 100
panoptes
Gaia can easily do this, as hiring a translator would be as simple as giving 50 bucks to the landscaper.

Meanwhile, a Spanish-only forum would suffice. They'd need to station a biligual mod there, though.

It's not as easy as people would think, there's zOMG! to think about, Rallys and Towns. Gaia would have to change all the words into another language then make it into a link to do what it originally does ext ext...

Ah, but language fourms are a big win. A fourm for each language would be uber-easy to make, no need to edit everything. I support language fourms.

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Why in spanish?
Why not in any other lenguage?
Gaia is not just a page but complex of pages. Having a web page with a button to select our lenguage is easy when only 3-4 subbpages are included and no interaction involved.
Most of the ppl here lenguage is english, for other which our natural lenguage is not english, some we understand others we dont undertand but we have friends to translate. We have guides in mostly lenguages if you search them.
Making gaia in spanish would be good, yes but only if it could be done in all the other lenguages, and then please...remember world have many lenguages, users of gaia are all over the world.
-----------------------

¿Porque en español?
¿Porque no en cualquier otro idioma?
Gaia no es una pagina, sino un conjunto de paginas. Tener una pagina con un boton para seleccionar nuestro lenguage es facil cuando solo hay 3-4 subpaginas y no existe la interaccion.
La mayoria de gente aqui su idioma natural es el ingles, para otros que no es nuestro idioma nativo, algunos lo entendemos, otros tenemos amigos que nos traducen. Y ademas tenemos guias en muchos idiomas (español incluido) si las buscamos en los partados correspondientes.
Hacer gaia en español seria bueno, si, pero solo si pudiera ser hecho en todos los otros idiomas, y por favor recoredd que en el mundo hay muchisimos idiomas y los usuarios de gaia somos de todo el mundo.

Fuzzy Rogue

13,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Popular Thread 100
Mitzar
Why in spanish?

Spanish the second most spoken language in America.
I realise Gaia draws its members internationally, but they generally have to cater to their target market first.

As many people have stated, a full-site conversion costs money. It takes up server space to have a different language version for each page, and recently they've started downsizing on a lot of things, so I don't know how much money they have to spare for such a project.

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
panoptes
Mitzar
Why in spanish?

I realise Gaia draws its members internationally, but they generally have to cater to their target market first.

As many people have stated, a full-site conversion costs money. It takes up server space to have a different language version for each page, and recently they've started downsizing on a lot of things, so I don't know how much money they have to spare for such a project.

Exactly, spanish is the second most spoken lenguage in America.
BUT is not the second lenguage most spoken in gaia. If you look chat in towns, zong, racing (interactive places) spanish is not the one you can read, normally you read much more japaness or even pinoy than spanish.
The other subjet on the thread, subforums for each lenguage would be much more easy to get and control. But even that, needs ppl to hold.
In some way this is already done, cos there are plenty of guilds of each lenguage and each guild has the forum in their own lenguage.

Wealthy Millionaire

10,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200
Fix up the English site first before adding on a second language
Mitzar
panoptes
Mitzar
Why in spanish?

Exactly, spanish is the second most spoken lenguage in America.
BUT is not the second lenguage most spoken in gaia. If you look chat in towns, zong, racing (interactive places) spanish is not the one you can read, normally you read much more japaness or even pinoy than spanish.
The other subjet on the thread, subforums for each lenguage would be much more easy to get and control. But even that, needs ppl to hold.
In some way this is already done, cos there are plenty of guilds of each lenguage and each guild has the forum in their own lenguage.
Im pretty sure Spanish would be the second most spoken language on gaia, I've seen more spanish than Japanese

And I dont mean to be rude but the users speaking Japanese I am 99.9999% sure they're just weaboos trying to speak any japanese they've learnt from school or online >_>;

Sparkly Phantom

With all the problems this website has, it would be a terrible idea to have the devs focus on re-building the site in different languages. I mean, if there was a Spanish version, people would want the site to be French, German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Swedish.... That's pretty much impossible with the way things are now. burning_eyes
personally im against the idea
first this place needs serious fixing of errors bugs and gliches

second itll take a lot of work and recources to get gaia to work in an aditional language, and even if so i dont think that it should be spanish

third if gaia will be available in many languages most people will hang only with people that know their first language and this will create closed comunities which beats the purpose of gaia as i get it (to create a hangout that serves like a bridge across the world and gives you the oportunity to meet and contact people with no regard of their nationality or place of living)
It would be nice... but chinese is a more abundent language in the world. 25% of the world is chinese.

As far as spanish... they should fix things first before they go global. neutral
No.
Gaia would have to leave out some languages which really isn't fair.
My mother tongue is Danish and that probably wouldn't be included. I don't see why Spanish should either.
If you use this site you obviously understand English enough to get around.
It would be a way to much work, the site has many flaws like this, they should first repair those. Also, the main part, the chats, the forums are in the language you make them. English is the most fair choice, because most people speak it. If you want to talk spanish, make a spanish talking guild/topic
Grissom Greg Nick
We'd like to have the chance of surfing in Gaia in other languages like Spanish! Por favor, lo estamos deseando!

i will bring peeps

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
XNMEPA
personally im against the idea
first this place needs serious fixing of errors bugs and gliches

second itll take a lot of work and recources to get gaia to work in an aditional language, and even if so i dont think that it should be spanish

third if gaia will be available in many languages most people will hang only with people that know their first language and this will create closed comunities which beats the purpose of gaia as i get it (to create a hangout that serves like a bridge across the world and gives you the oportunity to meet and contact people with no regard of their nationality or place of living)

Totally i agree with you, there are many things to be fixed and evolved before starting even to decide which would be (in case it should) the second lenguage.
Gaia was born in english, even in the imposible case it could be made in all lenguages, the bridge would be broken.

Abusive Mana
No.
Gaia would have to leave out some languages which really isn't fair.
My mother tongue is Danish and that probably wouldn't be included. I don't see why Spanish should either.
If you use this site you obviously understand English enough to get around.

You touched other point, with all the right.
IF one lenguage is added, all the rest should be too, work would never be done.

--
PD I am Spanish, my native lenguage is Spanish, but i will never dare to get extra benefits/help using a place (i choosed to use, cos no one forzed) when others can not have the same.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff