Welcome to Gaia! ::

OK while this is my favorite FF game in the franchise with FFXII as a close follow up, i think the should redo this now as a game to upgrade the grapics.

Moonlight Duelist

If they remake it I hope they completely redo the magic system. That was the games one fault in my opinion. The story was pretty good, but that magic system just ruined it for me.
why? it was better than 7's magic for sure lol
i somewhat agree with both of you. i like this magic system for stats but i did not like how it ran out of magic. we should have been able to have way more then 100 for each kind, agreed? besides this is just wheather or not someone should remake for graphics. i liked XIIs graphics
THE JUNCTION SYSTEM SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Laguna is hot.

Selphie is my favorite character.

I would rather have FFVI remade.
scream i disagree with the juction system comment and could you be more specific...ie the fact that not every gf could have more than 2 pages of abilities?!
The junction system was broken, but I did enjoy the game a lot. I would rather this game be remade than VII just to piss off the fanboys and the idiots who bought a PS3 to buy a rumored game.

Blessed Guildsman

I hope they one day gather all the copies of FFVIII and bury them in the desert next to the pile of ET for the Atari 2600 cartridges...and then nuke the site from orbit.

With it's cookie cutter characters devoid of any likability, or even RESEMBLANCE to a 2nd dimension, it's completely arbitrary magic system, it's complete nonsense "plot", and the Junction system...THE JUNCTION SYSTEM!! I cannot think of a SINGLE positive about this otherwise by-the-numbers rpg.

None of the characters exhibit more than a single personality trait! Squall is a recluse, Selphie is a ditz, Zell is a moron, Rinoa is relentlessly auspicious, Irvine is perv, and Quistis is a cocktease! Do they ever change? Do they ever experience this shocking plot adage known as "Character development?" NO. THEY STAY EXACTLY THE SAME. And no, the fact that Squall and Rinoa end up porking in space does not mean they have changed as characters, it just means they both have really low standards.

Not only that! Party management does not matter AT ALL. They're all blank slates! Seriously, swap the magic you've junctioned to another character! ANY CHARACTER! GUESS WHAT?! EXACTLY THE SAME!!

You like completely monotonous farming? You like stupid card battles? WELL GREAT, BECAUSE FFVIII FEATURES PLENTY OF THOSE! To cast ANY magic in this game, you have to acquire it en masse. You either find it (which is rare, and far in between) refine it from items (which requires lots of farming) and drawing it from monsters (which requires much much MORE farming!) What the hell does 20 ultimas or 10 Black Holes look like? ******** IF I KNOW!

The plot makes absolutely no sense! After the first disk, rational thinking Goes flying out the window! A time traveling witch from the future possesses a with in the past to get to another witch so that witch can get her to ANOTHER witch, so she canNO. NO I'M NOT DOING THIS. I'm not going to give myself or any of you a headache thinking about this. Just know that the complete asinine plot has spurned a popular fan theory where after disk 1, where squall is shot through the chest with an ice spike, he dies, and the rest of a game is a nonsense fever dream before death.

In conclusion, [********] this game. Now if you'll excuse me, the men in white coats are here to take me to my new home.

(And no, this was not a stab at any of you. If you like Final Fantasy VIII, that's all well and good. So please, before you flame this post, don't act like this is an affront on you and everything you've ever believed in.)
uhmmm...rage much? why you hate some thing that shuold be remade but was good for its time period?? grrrrr. twisted

Blessed Guildsman

...Because I don't think it was good for its time period? Clearly. And why would I want a bad game remade?
ok fine make your own Final fantasy. i just want to know what people like and or dislike about it. i do not need a reiteration of your opinion thank you. because myself and a group oof people are making our own. believe it or not square enix does take well thought out suggestions

Blessed Guildsman

What, because I don't praise the game, I cant form an opinion? You specifically asked in your topic "Final Fantasy VIII what do you think". THAT is what I think. Deal.
note to self for later. but i simply asked you not to repeat your self

Blessed Guildsman

Eden DeMarlo
note to self for later. but i simply asked you not to repeat your self

There was no repetition. I like to elaborate is all. I respect that you love this game, but you need to respect that there are people who dislike it.
Edward E!ric
If they remake it I hope they completely redo the magic system. That was the games one fault in my opinion. The story was pretty good, but that magic system just ruined it for me.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! I thought the story was pretty bad. I mean the ultimate example of bad writing is when you're stranded in space and then you just turn around and "Oh hey, a space ship will with air and fuel that we know how to pilot." The story was terrible but I DO like the game because of the junction system.

Kef-Palazzo
...Because I don't think it was good for its time period? Clearly. And why would I want a bad game remade?

Well, not gonna disagree with your opinion as you have a right to it, but I'd advocate for remakes of games I don't like just because they could potentially fix some of the things I don't like about it. I don't think 8 needs a remake but if it was who knows, it could be better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games